[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thoughts on the Chiappa Pak-9? I've been contemplating getting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

File: 35666-DEFAULT-l.jpg (141KB, 1350x750px) Image search: [Google]
35666-DEFAULT-l.jpg
141KB, 1350x750px
Thoughts on the Chiappa Pak-9?
I've been contemplating getting a 9mm "carbine" for a while, like the MPX or Scorpion, but im a huge slavaboo so this kind of fits the bill exactly for what I want.
Are these shit?
>>
Whatthe fug never heard of this. Can u slap a sig brace on it
>>
File: VZ61.jpg (2MB, 3648x2736px) Image search: [Google]
VZ61.jpg
2MB, 3648x2736px
>>32873384
>Chiappa
that alone should tell you to avoid it, or at the very least do some more research so you can make a more informed purchase. Their non-Rhino products have questionable build quality (even the first-gen Rhinos had problems). Chiappa's customer service is shite, so if you do run into issues they won't be very helpful.

tbqf if I were you I'd just get the Skorpion, or a Vz.61 if you really want to scratch the slavaboo itch
>>
File: CZ_Scorpion_EVO3_S1_R.png (354KB, 2000x1163px) Image search: [Google]
CZ_Scorpion_EVO3_S1_R.png
354KB, 2000x1163px
>>32873438
Yeah, Chiappa instantly put me off of the gun, but I figured I would ask /k/. I never buy firearms until i've spent at least 6 months convincing myself I'm buying something that wont be shit.
I would love to get a scorpion. I'm just trying to not spend as much on guns this year because my job situation is kind of iffy at the moment, don't want to purchase something and then find out i needed the money for something else.
>>
>>32873437
Yes, yes you can.
>>
>>32873532
Ill take 2
>>
>>32873438
>Skorpion

>Not calling it the Klobb

Pff
>>
>>32873504

Real advice - Don't buy anything then.

Republicans swept this election, it would be highly unlikely that the gun market is going to be experiencing any troubles for at least the next couple years. If you end up needing the money its there, if you don't then you will probably be able to get a Scorpion with some extra.

Believe me - you will feel the hole in your pocket before you feel your day to day life change because of another gun.
>>
>>32873384
it worries me that it's a blowback action.
Guess we'll have to wait for reviews to see if it's reliable and doesn't have a terribly heavy charging handle.
>>
>>32873384
>All those random railz
I thought it was lego at first
>>
id also hold off on purchase.
but back to your question, id get the scorpion. its pretty popular and has a surprisingly robust aftermarket.
currently, you can get aftermarket barrels, handguards, CH, triggers, trigger springs, grips, mag releases, stock/stock adapters, safteys, sling loops, and very soon magazines
>>
>>32873384
Scorpion owner here, I like the scorpion. The scorpion cost me.. $800?
If I could get a pak 9 for $500 and it does the same thing despite being pretty shoddily made... idk.
>>
for anyone wondering, chiappa just imports them. they are made by cugir in romania.
>>
>>32873384
chiappa has a habit of soft metal in their Rhinos
>>
CZ Scorpion seems to be the best PCC on the market right now, at least for the money.

I wonder if they'll ever make an integrally suppressed version?
>>
File: 845.png (374KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
845.png
374KB, 640x360px
>>32874911
just checked and you are correct. This changes everything, color me interested. Apparently you can get an adapter to allow it to accept Glock magazines, you could really have some fun with the extendos.
>>
>>32875490
just spent an hour watching youtube reviews from somewhat "big" youtube channels and most said they had a ton of fucking problems with them right out of the box.
>>
>>32875536
STOP MAKING MY OPINION ON THEM RAPIDLY FLUCTUATE

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
File: Kalashnicohn_9mm_AK.jpg (91KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
Kalashnicohn_9mm_AK.jpg
91KB, 960x720px
>>32873384
This is about 100x better than dindu teir garbage
>>
>>32873384
garbage as-is, but avoids a decent amount of work for a custom 9mm AK build. Having a known good barrel, bolt, and front trunnion eliminates the frustrating part.
>>
>>32873659
Saigas coming back?
>>
>>32873384
It's a Hungarian made AK imported by Chiappa. Chiappa is dicks though. Honestly while the gun is stupendously cheap there's not really much of a reason to buy it IMO. You could put the money towards an AR9/Scorpion and end up a lot happier. On the plus side, I am almost 100% certain the plant making these is going to do a better second generation, so we have that to look forward to.
>>
>>32873384
Such a bulky receiver, balanced on top of the dainty little magazine and pistol grip. Such an unaesthetic design.
>>
>>32875436
They seem to be incredibly fragile though. Like, catastrophic failures under 10k rounds fragile.
>>
>>32875861
If Russia quits dicking around in Crimea.
>>
>>32876741
So never
>>
>>32873438

They're just the import company.
>>
>>32876741
Fug
>>
>>32875861
No I think he got put away for removing KFC.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.