[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Reforming an African military

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 9

File: IMG_3441.gif (4MB, 298x224px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3441.gif
4MB, 298x224px
So /k/ what African nation would be the best place to create a modern military. Hard mode : no South Africa
>>
Hire Russian or European officer corps to replace African officer corps
>>
>>32872396
restart and rebuild rhodesia
>>
>>32872415
Where though
>>
File: truck one.jpg (134KB, 500x709px) Image search: [Google]
truck one.jpg
134KB, 500x709px
>>32872396
Heavy propaganda and nationalistic fervor. Military youth programs and mandatory gun ownership. Hire Russian or American officers to train your troops and officers. Go full capitalist, industrialize like there's no tommorow, then pump out whatever guns, tanks, jeeps, and planes you can license from the Russians or Americans. Maintain discipline and aesthetic, if you have to use technicals at least paint them in military colors. Eventually start to encourage a culture of independence, self-reliance, and government distrust. Draft a Constitution like America has, but make it even harder to change or "reinterpret" it. Hand over the reigns of power to a Constitutional Republic that you can be proud of when the reforms are done.
>>
>>32872396
Madagascar
>>
>>32872435
the now state of zimbabwe, overthrow mugabe and his thugs and reinstate it like it was
>>
File: blackandyellow.jpg (184KB, 3000x2100px) Image search: [Google]
blackandyellow.jpg
184KB, 3000x2100px
>>32872396
Your country should have this flag, and culture and freedoms that it implies.
>>
>>32872476
> go full capitalist
But if people are working 120 hours a week how will they have time do do military service, silly anon?
>>
File: rasputin.jpg (57KB, 700x681px) Image search: [Google]
rasputin.jpg
57KB, 700x681px
>>32873021
I never said draft them. Actually, you should avoid a draft. In fact, you know what, make it constitutionally illegal to ever have a draft. It will improve the morale of your army, and frankly if you can't convince your own people to fight then chances are the war you're fighting in isn't worth it.

You can keep the military youth programs though, making your population have grit and discipline is certainly a good thing.
>>
EASY op.

Remove the UN's presence. This will cut off the logistics for Islam. With this, Christianity will naturally win over the Africans and make a stable continent.
>>
Gambia.
>>
File: IMG_3425.jpg (49KB, 718x718px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3425.jpg
49KB, 718x718px
>>32872658
>Madagascar
>>
>>32873104
Lmao the only stable countries in Africa right now are muslim are you sure the opposite isn't going to happen?
>>
South Africa has the most $$$ and infrastructure. Problem is the people/government. They had an excellent military at one point.
>>
>>32874281
My argument is that they're only stable because of support from the UN.

I believe the base doctrine of Christianity promotes stability rather than Islam. This doesn't hold true with quasi-christianity though which is what most 'Christian' countries are in Africa.
>>
>>32874281
Eastern Africa from Kenya, down through Tanzania and Rwanda is actually developing pretty well and is mostly at peace. Also pro-Western.
>>
>>32872396
Kenya. Decent budget, solid collection of loyal people to recruit from, low corruption for Africa.
>>
>>32872396
Gas the blacks and bus in white people.
>>
>>32874940
Kenya has low corruption. That's rare in Africa
>>
I'd hazard a guess that Tanzania would be the best country for rebuilding into a modern military power on the continent. They are even centrally located in case they want to spread their new found strength around.
>>
>>32872396
Zimbabwe. It's got the most extensive and modern infrastructure in sub-Saharan Africa, excluding South Africa, and it's mostly intact even after all these years.
A lot of officers in the military are Soviet or Chinese trained, which is admittedly only slightly better than their bumfuck guerrilla counterparts in other countries, but is still a step in the right direction. At least they know how to clean their rifles.
The old factories can be rebuilt to produce simple weapons like AKs with relative ease.
The only serious issue would be vehicles, but assuming Mugabe's out of the picture, South Africa would be more than willing to share a few old Centurions, in addition to some farming equipment to ensure the new army doesn't starve.
>>
>>32876344
Farming is probably the biggest problem
>>
A good country to start in is the Congo. Raw materiels to sell to fund a standardize military. Push out the private sector and auction off areas for mining or logging.
>>
>>32872396
>Zimbabwe
>Westernise
>Balance the budget
>invest in foreign aid(UN Peacekeeping)
>invade Mozambique
>cool down your relations
>invest in Telecom and Infrastructure
>buy as much MIG-25's and MIG-31's as you can
>Invade Zambia
>Relations are unstable
>Invade the DRC
>Invest in Machinery as much as you can
>wait a decade
>1+Trillion dollar economy
>200+ Billion dollar surplus
>buy F-35's,Eurofighter Typhoons,Leopard 2A8's,M1A3 Abrams,Puma's...
>Mission Accomplished
>>
>>32878197
>invest in foreign aid(UN Peacekeeping)
Bad idea. UN peacekeepers don't do jack shit. Hire a PMC and actually get the job done.
>>
>>32878197
>buy interceptors, when only russia needs em
why?
>>
>>32878197
>No paratroopers
>In Africa
>>
IDK why everyone has such a hard-on for Zim or SA. Why not Botswana? Small population, huge tracks of fuck-off land, rich in natural resources, established roads, preexisting relations with the US, Russia, Israel, Namibia, and South Africa (as well as significant amounts of funding from these nations), a preexisting white and educated black population, few ethnic tensions, etc.... Sure, you lack coast line, but there's always room for increasing territorial holdings.

Also, >>32872476
>>
>>32872667
>overthrow mugabe
>implying everything is still salvageable after 30 years of fuckup
>>
>>32872897
>Hippity hoppity don't tread on my oats
>>
>>32872396
Do it like South Africa and hire enough white officers to keep the niggers from doing too much shit
>>
>>32879636
I don't think that would really be the point. It would more be a symbol. Also, Zimbabwe is such a failed state there wouldn't be much red tape in mopping everything up to start over.
>>
>>32874940
>>32875906

Kek no

The only relatively non corrupt countries in Africa is Botswana and Rwanda.

Kenya is pretty corrupt.
>>
>>32872396
Algeria, it's already Modern.
>>
>>32879560
Thats an even bigger offence than thinking of taking over Mosambique and, Congo.
>>
File: GDF.jpg (17KB, 320x217px) Image search: [Google]
GDF.jpg
17KB, 320x217px
Ghana.

Ghana already has a stable and effective government, a reliable though mildly corrupt police force, a heavily armed and well trained boarder defense force and a combined Army and Navy that has been involved with AFRICOM missions for decades.

By all accounts, they operate a modern military, so it's not a great choice. However..

Because of Chinese, Indian, and various European influences, there are numerous illegal mines, oil drilling operations, and logging operations that are gutting Ghana for mineral wealth. What's worse is that the police are turning blind eyes to the matter which, in the end, only serves to further gut the state of needed funding to maintain infrastructure and military apparatus.

But still. It's already got its shit together and isn't as massive a train wreck as Nigeria.
>>
>>32872396
Egypt.
>>
chad
>>
File: GDFPara.jpg (2MB, 3936x3280px) Image search: [Google]
GDFPara.jpg
2MB, 3936x3280px
>>32879560

Ghana has paratroopers.
>>
>>32872415
How many white Rhodesians are still left living there? Maybe 20,000?
>>
Mine gonna be Rwanda

Stable,efficient (though a bit autocratic) government, good law enforcement and high degree of rule of law, low corruption, pro western (though they're kinda hostile to France) and whilst having less natural resource than its neighbor, they used them to its maximum potential.
>>
>>32875032
Thi>>32875032
This
>>
>>32879775
Prolly slightly more. But most of them are are old people that didn't have money to emigrate

Most of the younger, wealthier, better educated ones already fucked off that place to the UK, australia, even South east asia.
>>
>>32872396
Right now Africa is in its warring states period, and Rwanda is its Prussia.
>>
>>32872396
South Sudan

easiest to build something you don't have to destroy first.
>>
>>32872897

What flag is that? Libertarian Nationalism?
>>
>>32872396
The ones that are smart enough to hire white mercenaries just like every other successful African military.
Sierra Leonne
Koevoet
Etc.
>>
>>32872667
I'm pretty sure Mugabe recently passed away
>>
>>32872396
Probably Togo. The people there have an existant (albeit crude and brutal) sense of justice (burning thieves alive). I would enlist former German and French generals and reinstitute Togoland. With a heavy focus on infantry and navy. A crackdown on monkey poaching in order to reduce the risk of ebola. G3s as a standard salt rifle, and German submarines guarding the coast against those pesky Nigerians.
>>
>>32880377
He is still alive. God I remember some years ago reading in the newspaper (i need to translate literaly for it to make sence) Mugabe toppled. In the middle of the bus i laughed so hard until i realized they just ment he fell of stairs.
>>
>>32880474
Kek
>>
No niggers
>>
>>32880362
But they basically have no income
>>
>>32878197
>invade a country out of the blue
>still on the UN
Hell no.

You'd have to rig it so that Zambia was the aggressor.
On top of all the military shit, you'd need some damn good ex intelligence officers to help rig a war to galvanize your country together, but not TOO big of a war that would destroy it.

Essentially, you'd need the go ahead of the CIA or some Russian backing for it anyways.
That or you could always have some basic false flag ops on your border and use that as an excuse to invade, as you would be "peacekeepers".
The UN would eat that shit up.
You would then have the UN all for eyes, and would also instill some good old fashioned nationalism in your country.

Should mostly be a downhill battle after that.
>>
>>32872396
Ethiopia, actually. They have a proud military history and a good amount of decent equipment as well as one of the best trained forces in E. Africa. All of their neighbors consider them the highest threat since their military is most capable in the region.
>>
Am I allowed to conquer the weaker nations
>>
>>32883558
No
>>
>>32872396

Rwanda. Learn your African History, faggot.
>>
File: IMG_3471.png (152KB, 426x426px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3471.png
152KB, 426x426px
>>32887559
Did I upset you
Thread posts: 60
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.