[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Weapon Mounted Lights. Tacticlol or practical?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: 20170201_171548.jpg (148KB, 650x659px) Image search: [Google]
20170201_171548.jpg
148KB, 650x659px
Weapon Mounted Lights.

Tacticlol or practical?
>>
>>32870883
Practical.
>>
>>32870883
Practical.

>OP making this thread
Useless or useless?
>>
Practicool.
>>
>>32870912
Yeah, such a shame to bump so many other high quality threads off the first page
>>
File: 677.jpg (137KB, 850x637px) Image search: [Google]
677.jpg
137KB, 850x637px
Let's say that you are in a building that has been taken over by hostile forces. You have to secure it. The electricity has been cut, and you have to go into the basement (or just some indoors corridors that have nor direct route outside) to make sure it is clear.
It's pitch black in there.

That's all it takes. An ordinary building and poor lighting conditions or cut power.

And right about then you start to feel that "it would be really swell if I'd have a flashlight mounted on my gun".

When i was in military service (Finland) I/we had to sweep a water pumping station as an exercise. They cut the lighting half way through the training. FUCK it was dark!
When trying to think "IF there were some active baddies trying to shoot at me, how fucked I would be?" ...those odds were not pleasant.

That was a kind of "I should try to find some fucking duct tape and tape a light on my gun" -situation.

So no... Not tacticool. Very, VERY practical.
>>
>>32870883
Seeing what you're shooting at is pretty useful, yes.
>>
>>32870883
Practical, of course.
I fucking hate how in TV shows and movies, everyone carries a fucking flashlight using the goddamn Harries method, which, if you've ever used it, SUCKS ASS compared to a weapons mounted light, and is almost impossible to sustain for long period with correct pressure/wrist stabilization.

Fuck TV shows and movies.
>>
>>32871282
Right, but I don't CC my gun with a weapon light and I do have a flashlight in my pocket. So, I'll use my flashlight when I'm actually carrying.

At home or innawoods, I'll use a weapon light.
>>
>>32871102
...did you take this photo? What is wrong with you Nordics?

And yeah, totes practical.
>>
>>32870883
Practical for home defense. Most break-in's will occur in hours of darkness, one of those 800 lumen lights will blind and disorient a would be attacker. It will take your eyes less time to adjust to the cast light than it will for your intruder to adjust to the fucking white dwarf you just turned on.
>>
>>32871452
No he didn't, it's a classic. You group up a bunch of young people together and shenanigans happen.
>>
>>32870883
depends on the situation. I prefer not to have one because Ii dont want to need a light source and point my gun at it, and I dont feel like carrying two lights
for an HD gun it works. Also the new sure fires that arent xbox huge are pretty cool
>>
>>32870883
I have a cheapo NcStar on my G19 for home defense. It looks kind of fudd, but it's a damn good light for the price, had it for years with no issues. Batteries last pretty good as well
>>
>>32871485
Most home invasions occur during working buisness hours. Vehicle break ins occur at night. People don't go into homes with "sleeping"people in them to rob them.
>>
File: FNSlights3.jpg (272KB, 800x813px) Image search: [Google]
FNSlights3.jpg
272KB, 800x813px
>>32870883
>>
You don't need a light for conceal carry mall ninjas
>>
>>32874228
>be anon
>die in the dark
i s-sure showed t-those mallninjas
>>
>>32874256
>be you
>be wandering around pitch black area
>being that stupid
>>
New pistol owner here. What is the best kind of flashlight for your gun? Recommendations for brand/type/model welcome
>>
>>32874278
Streamlight
INForce
Surefire
Viridian???
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.