[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I have a Glock 30 and I am itching for a larger .45 I know

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 6

File: 1464488401130.jpg (1MB, 2500x1626px) Image search: [Google]
1464488401130.jpg
1MB, 2500x1626px
So I have a Glock 30 and I am itching for a larger .45
I know everyone would shout the 1911, but I always wanted an H&K USP. I know HK released the newer HK45 line, but the USP is what I want.
I'm torn on either the fullsize or the compact model. Not too concerned with mag capacity since it is .45 and it gets thick as fuck if it gets stacked tight, shorter barrel not really mattering since the .45 is slow anyways, I am stuck on wanting the compact because the full size is a bit large. Not Mk23 large, but still pretty huge.

But at the same time, only the full size USP's have the unique "recoil reduction" spring design while the compact only has a buffer.

Which should I go, /k/? I know some of you have or shot these guns. Your take?
>>
>>32867928
Sounds like you want the usp. And rightly so, a lot of people have them and they're solid guns.

Personally, if I get another .45 it'll be a Colt 1911. But then again, I'm a 28 year old fudd that likes the older funs.
>>
File: p220carry.jpg (68KB, 802x600px) Image search: [Google]
p220carry.jpg
68KB, 802x600px
1911's unironically suck ass, whatever you do, not that.

I'd personally go with some Sig, but that's just me. P225 or P220 carry preferably, but if you don't have that kind of dosh it's understandable.
>>
File: 20160628_152632-1.jpg (3MB, 2799x1786px) Image search: [Google]
20160628_152632-1.jpg
3MB, 2799x1786px
I own the coach and the tactical, both in .45. They are both fucking amazing, if you want to carry it I'd pick the compact of course. Otherwise I'd start with the fullsize. The recoil on the compact is pretty low too, no idea how they do it.
>>
>>32868006
DELET THIS
>>
FNX .45 Tactical is the best full size .45 on the market as long as you can handle the bore axis meme
>>
>>32867928
SW 4506 is your answer...
I have one its 10% bigger than a 1911, DA/SA, a bit heavier, can shoot 45 SUPER with just another recoilspring.
It sure feels a lot bigger than a 1911, but its not that much bigger...

I was between that and a cz97 in all steel frame full size 45s, but the cz97 the trigger reach was just too much, and well the 4506 was cheaper...

But the best of the best ive tried is the SIG p220 in ergos, general quality, aftermarket, reliability and trigger...

So its aesthetics mostly...
>>
>>32868006
>standard issued from 1911 to 1986 for U.S. Millitary

Because why use a gun for that long if it sucks ass?
>>
>>32868057
Just because it was decent during 1911-1986 doesn't mean it's a good gun by today's standards. By that logic, why not just use spears? I mean, they were in use for centuries!
>>
>>32868057
Budget, the real reason any military uses anything.
>>
>>32868049
Oh i forgot i was about to get the 45 expert, great gun good trigger, but the general USP line feels in my hand worse than a glock (before g4) its too blocky.

Just have to have them all in your hand and decide, this are all big guns for people with medium to large hands mostly.
The 1911 is the shoe fits all, no one can say no matter its hand size its uncomfortable its great.

So beeing you already ahve a SD, CCW pistol in 45, as reliable as they come but butt ugly, id go to a range gun which is pleasing to shoot and to look at. That my friend narrows it down a lot for me
>>
>>32867928
I have a USP 45 TAC and it's absolutely perfect. I just run wolf through it and it hits dead center at 50 all day long.
>>
File: IMG_0026.jpg (597KB, 1080x1024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0026.jpg
597KB, 1080x1024px
>>32867928
Just buy the USP compact or full size and don't look back.
Sure it's expensive, sure the frame is polymer, sure it's bulky, but goddamn are they cool.

As for the "recoil reduction systems" in the full size the results will be negligible. On paper the O-ring and dual springs don't do jack shit unless you're using an armrest, bi pod, etc. Same goes for that nylon bushing. Only thing I can see the nylon bushing and dual recoil springs doing is extending the lifetime by reducing stress that the frame takes when the slide cycles.
>>
>>32868062
Technological advances. Why use a spear when you can use a javalin... missle? To the point: it's the same reason the U.S. are not using Sig's instead of the 92. It's a better option for a better price.

Agree to disagree. We just have different opinions
>>
>>32868108
For the record, op said he didn't want mk23 huge, but isn't the full size usp just about the same thing?
>>
>>32868064
I'll agree to that point.
>>
>>32868133
Now* god dammit...
>>
>>32868006
>but if you don't have that kind of dosh it's understandable.
no.
after getting glocks and cz, I am saving up for a spendier handgun,

Planning to drop in a match trigger for the USP/USPc and sometime down the road, a threaded barrel and can.
>>
>>32868139
Not necessarily. It's up there in terms of size but still a little off from being Mark 23 size.
The full size USP 45 length is like how the Glock 34 is to the Glock 17 in terms of size when compared to the Mk 23, if that makes any sense. Grip and slide bulk however are a lot larger on the Mk 23.
>>
>>32867928
man that CZ97B is a fucking sexy gun. How did this happen?
>>
File: gangbang.jpg (847KB, 1411x869px) Image search: [Google]
gangbang.jpg
847KB, 1411x869px
>>32868082
I like the USP in my hand, had chance to rent the fullsize 45, but in an earlier post in some thread, other anons deduced that I apparently had a pretty badly maintained one and the trigger was beyond mushy (had fingerfucked a new model in store and trigger was way more tight) and the recoil was violent and inconstant.

So yea, I'm going into this blind, but the USP did feel better in my hands than the HK45 line.
>>
>>32868166
I meant Glock 17l. fuck
>>
>>32867928
FNX45 is the best choice if you want room to grow. It's big but not huge and KTmech has lightbearing IWB holsters for it.
Get the tactical model, it has a picatinny rail rather than the retard proprietary rail on the USP
I say room to grow because if you ever become interested in
>suppressors
>weaponlights
>MRDSs
It can host all of them
The grip is also the same size as a USP45 while carrying 3 more rounds since the taper at the top of the mag is more aggressive.
If you're going to get a USP, get the 9 tactical and attach the jet funnel so you can flush fit 18rd mags. Jet funnel doesn't exist for the USP45s
>>
>>32868231
"room to grow", thats how you call room to buy usless shit? I dont get the fascination behind buying somthing to add other stuff, that consumism mentality...
A SD gun with night sights and maybe a flashlight is enough.

Now a range toy? Well, thats another mater, but if your going to spend as much money on accesories as on another guy, or range time then its not fkn worth it IMO
>>
>>32868049
This. German manufactured P220s are still a decent bargain. The trigger would need some work if you wanted it to be an ebin pightin bistel but it's fine for plinking. Fantastic ergos and soft shooting
>>
>>32868231
OP here, FNX45 is neat and I will absolutely get it if I had a lot more disposable income to throw around, but the USP line appeals to my inner kid. I understand the USP line is outclassed by today's standards, so I'm not trying to fanboy here. Just wanted to know everyone's take on them.
>>
File: 1471915311390.jpg (1MB, 2500x2267px) Image search: [Google]
1471915311390.jpg
1MB, 2500x2267px
>>32867928
Anon, you posted the absolute most retarded image ever.

>ruger included
>no walther PPQ

WTF is wrong with you? You need to go back to collecting my little ponies and get the fuck off /k/.
>>
>>32867928
Is it a range gun? HD gun? Carry gun?

Range or HD full size, carry def compact
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.