[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

BOB ammo

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 194
Thread images: 31

File: Hike12-31-08042.jpg (207KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Hike12-31-08042.jpg
207KB, 1024x768px
How much ammo should I have in my BoB?

I'll already be carrying 160/240 rounds in magazines depending on whether I take my 7.62 or 5.56 as well as an additional 45 rounds for my pistol.
But how much should be in my ruck if any?
>>
>>32867547
An additional mag per firearm as last precaution
>>
>>32867554
Well I'd have 7+1 for my rifle and 2+1 for my pistol so if I throw in an extra mag for both in my ruck. That sounds reasonable and shouldn't add to much weight.
>>
>>32867561
Yeah basically what I was getting at
>>
File: 414-355-CIMG3835.png (53KB, 414x355px) Image search: [Google]
414-355-CIMG3835.png
53KB, 414x355px
>>32867547
>How much ammo should I have in my BoB?

As much as you can carry. You are bugging out when shit gets untenable at home, don't expect to be going back oon or that your home will be standing when you do. I have a rig with 12 mags of open tip match 556 for go time in the corner and I have another 500rds vacuum sealed in the woods. I don't believe in pistols for full on SHTF go time. an AR pistol or PLR-16 instead of a regular pistol lets me make use of all my rifle ammo and gives me more range, accuracy and better terminal ballistics. a Loaded PLR-16 weighs about the same as a sidearm G17 with 4 mags (which is a standard setup you'll find ppl use) but in case my prmary goes down, I'm not stuck with a 9mm and hauling 12 mags of 556 around for nothing.
>>
>>32867598
While I would agree with you that ammo is important there is a point where increased weight would be detrimental to your efforts. My personal plan is to bug in, the only reason I have my 'bob' is to do sort range hunting, maybe pushing out 20km and scavenging (no more than one days hike out) or if we do get attacked I can bug out and then attack and retake my home.

This isn't a INCH bag which is where the difference may be.
>>
>>32867612
>While I would agree with you that ammo is important there is a point where increased weight would be detrimental to your efforts.

that's why I said "as much as you can carry"....

>My personal plan is to bug in

mine too.

>the only reason I have my 'bob' is to do sort range hunting, maybe pushing out 20km and scavenging (no more than one days hike out) or if we do get attacked I can bug out and then attack and retake my home.

that's not a BoB, that's more like a 3daypack battlepack thing. I have arrnged my stuff accoring to a DEFCON inspired hierarchy where every level build upon and integrates with the level that came before it in escalating fashion:

>lvl0: Rifle, 42rd mag, sling, light, 30rd spare mag, match defensive ammo. For short term violence in home invasion scenarios, duration seconds to a few minutes.

>lvl1: 12x30rd mag chest rig of match defensive ammo. For extended firefight violence in and around my home, duration seconds to tens of minutes.

>lvl2: 3 day pack with provisions for short term survival: water, water purification, fire, rain/weather protection, pack list: stainless canteen, camelbak, poolshock, sawyer squeeze filter, firesteel, lighter, matches, military poncho, duct tape, firearm cleaning kit, CS SRK knife, gloves, eye pro, ear pro, wool hat, protein bars, batteries. Duration: 3 days to a week.

>lvl4: Extended (camo and civilian) clothing, sleeping bag, tarp, utensils, medicines. Duration: INCH.

So when I'm out in lvl 4 it means I ahve lvls 0, 1, 2, 3 and 4 on me. That's me in civi outdoors clothes, with 0-4 stashed in a big civilian backpack ready to leave home.
>>
>>32867678
r8
>>
>>32867547
As much as you can carry, I am planning on living off what I take from dead preppers, so you would be doing me a massive favor.
7.62 ideally as my AK will probably last me the longest in my collection.
>>
>>32867678
Do you have a plan if INCH occurs?
>>
>>32867722
Says the guy that'll probably be dead in a week
>>
>>32867678
>lvl 1
>in and around my home
>pushed out of position as soon as you leave the door due to overwhelming force
>die of exposure that night

Nigro, grab the bag or don't, this autism without chance to resupply will only increase the likelyhood you get killed.

Make a 48 hour bag and a fullblown bug out bag, and make damn sure when you grab the 48 hour bag you have friends with you to potentially come back for the bob.
>>
>>32867725
>Do you have a plan if INCH occurs?
Not really. My ammo stash is on my way home to my parent's farm where I hope to meet up with my siblings. We'd probably be waiting it out there. My brother has guns and my sister has an alibi-gun at my parent's.
>>
>>32867739
What sort of distance are you talking there?
>>
>>32867728
>find a bottlenecked street in big city
>sit a handful of stories up with my nvgs and fun collection
>have my room-mate run down to collect the spoils while I cover
>we eat the bodies and stash the belongings

Yep, it won't ever work.

As time moves on and the cities become quieter, we just start calling for help over the radio.
Is a hell of a lot better than running around like a hero and trying to carry everything I need with me.

I would expect to last at least a month if I can kill a few within days of shtf starting.
>>
>>32867732
>Nigro, grab the bag or don't, this autism without chance to resupply will only increase the likelyhood you get killed.

It's a cascading system. I'm not grabbing my full retard bag when all I need is to put down the 2-4 hadjis with AKs trying to get inside my locked 15 story building or the like. lvl1 is for when I need more ammo than lvl0 has to offer.

>Make a 48 hour bag and a fullblown bug out bag, and make damn sure when you grab the 48 hour bag you have friends with you to potentially come back for the bob.
>>
>>32867747
>Surviving in a big city

Yeah I stopped right there
>>
>>32867742
90km.
>>
>>32867764
>15 story building
Where the fuck do you live?
>>
>>32867770
medium size eurocuck city.
>>
>>32867792
Then yeah I'm going with nigga grab your bag, I'd be wanting to try and get out of there sooner rather than later
>>
>>32867768
That's a fair distance especially if trying to navigate a city, that's nearly 14 hours away at a constant 4mph rate not counting in terrain and potentially obstacles.
>>
>>32867766
>method requires victims
>"nah nah, big city a shit"

Literally the first few days everyone is gonna be busy thinking it ain't real, and a slow trickle (preppers) will be trying to head for the country.
I already have a few spots picked out, and have had to stop myself driving straight there when I hear a big storm is coming.

I will survive because I will strike with overwhelming force before people have adapted to the new world. If you are eating bodies and hunting preppers on day 1, it will be easy pickings for a fair while until you work down to people who actually have experience in the apocalypse and can handle a firearm better than me.
>>
>>32867797
I like to be flexible which is why my system is tiered like that. getting out of here may not always be the best solution....
>>
>>32867814
It doesn't take much for a combat situation to change bud, and seeing as you have no backup, no numbers advantage, and no alternative supplies you have mentioned, I would err on the side of caution.
As I said, if you get seperated from your shit while supplied for lvl 1, you are royally fucked.

>hurr durr I would never get seperated
Until some faggot throws a molotov at you and it obscures the doorway, and as you are now stuck climbing down the fire escape, the cucks have run right in the front door. That's just one example too.
>>
>>32867810
You are relying on the fact that preoperative will still be in the city and not just Jamal and Co running around with glawk brand glawks. And also people will soon just start avoiding your area.

>Ayo Jamal people keep getting capped over near 3rd
>Let's keep hoping there.

I know they aren't the smartest but they will either do two things, it'll become a no go zone meaning your fucked or they Zerg rush your ass meaning your fucked.
>>
>>32867800
I did the hike a few years back while in uni. It's doable in 4 days and the biggest problem is 2 stream crossings which are possible in summer but a sure way to kill yourself in winter. I have a blow up matress just for that...
>>
>>32867814
The fact that you have a BOL, I'd say get out early pay your family a visit.
>>
>>32867845
Was that fully kitted up?
>>
>>32867834
>and as you are now stuck climbing down the fire escape,

Actually, I was an avid rock climber in my youth so I actually have the provisions and skill to abseil from my place. ofc, if SHTF, doing that makes you a prime target but I could do it if I needed to... you are right though. OTOH, all I can see happening atm is, like I said, some kind of terrorist attack ala France or maybe a CBRN attack for which I am unfortunately not prepared at all.
>>
>>32867838
I am talking about shooting people as soon as I see any colour start fleeing the city.
Literally day 3-4 without television, it's on.

Everyone will be running, and why would anyone avoid my area?
Sure if I have a good morning and haven't had a chance to collect the corpses they will avoid the obvious corridor of death, but norman and his quaint little wife and kids fleeing on foot on a tuesday morning would have no idea I'm set up there.

The niggers would be the first to die, they would all just shoot each other as soon as the cops won't stop them. Honestly the group that worries me the least in a shtf situation.
>>
>>32867547

All you should carry is ammo. Your clothes should be made of ammo. Your pack needs to be made from ammo. You yourself need to be ammo.
>>
>>32867866
In that time scale you'll probably have military and LE still in the fray you start popping caps you'll end up with a tasty 40mm cupcake heading straight into your room
>>
>>32867866
>Quaint little wife and kids
Just an hero now
>>
File: 1452859558001.jpg (42KB, 400x296px) Image search: [Google]
1452859558001.jpg
42KB, 400x296px
>>32867862
ofc not. I was wearing the backpack with water bottles to simulate some of the load though. my hope would be that I'd be able to stealquire a bike; riding some 10-20km on a bike would help a lot...
>>
>>32867876
Military and LE will be the first to gtfo, also chances are they will have been largely bombed by whatever force we were at war with for shit to go so bad.
Alternatively they just have more to worry about that one guy killing a handful of people a week.

>>32867879
Get fucked, I'm doing them a favor, he would just end up eating the kids/wife anyways.
>>
>>32867896
Nigga do you know how many people were shot by mil/LE during Katrina? Your sorry ass won't be any different
>>
>>32867896
I see you lasting 2 weeks tops
>>
>>32867900
>Katrina apparently had no television contact by the US government for 3-4 days after impact
>Katrina saw people fleeing the city on foot in droves

I think we are getting confused about the meaning of shtf, a big storm is a tempong opportunity, but obviously not good enough to go full animal for.

>>32867905
No need to get salty Norman.
You need to prep for people like me.
>>
>>32867923
>You need to prep for people like me.
ah, no. you've been made mr. counterintel pro. we know you're a gungrabber shill/polit agitator.
>>
File: image.jpg (35KB, 460x532px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
35KB, 460x532px
>>32867937
>implying I would use my knowledge and skill with firearms to give me an edge in the apocalypse by exploiting those without that knowledge and skill

>hurr durr shill

Okay anon, whatever you say. Was just trying to point out an alternative style for the few /hasguns/ left on this board.
If you have them, and others don't, why not capitalise?
>>
>>32867923
Katrina was probably one of the only real Shtf situations in the USA in the past ten years. People literally went full animal.

I prep for people like you, I don't live in a city like a daft cunt
>>
>>32867947
>If you have them, and others don't, why not capitalise?

Because in SHTF, I'll have enough on my plate dealing with mental cripples like you without giving away my position and power level by shooting hapless Norman & family.

>becoming a cannibal before there is need for it

were you snowed in in your appalachian home with your sister and had to eat her to survive one winter by any chance?
>>
>>32867851
>The fact that you have a BOL, I'd say get out early pay your family a visit.

Maybe but will you have enough notice when it happens? Where will you be? maybe I can't get hold of my siblings and have to go check up on them?
>>
>>32867963
Here's how it's gonna play out

>Shtf no power all out chaos.
>Anon sets up and starts shooting civvies who likely are not preppers and have very little.
>Street soon becomes a no go
> Meanwhile Jamal and his buddies are looting shops for food ammo and everything else.
>An anons with weapons and common sense know to avoided death ally which is now a mass of rotting corpses.
>Jamal and Co works out which building anon is shooting from and set fire to the ground floor.
>Anon tries to escape but Jamal and friends are waiting.
>Anons asshole puts the village people t shame.
>>
>>32867982
You should have a no contact plan in place. You can't be playing fuck fuck goose across a city especially with limited supplies
>>
File: Go_Time.gif (1MB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
Go_Time.gif
1MB, 600x338px
>>32867547
How far have you carried all of your gear?

How far have you carried that much weight in ammo?

How far are you going to be traveling in a Bug Out situation?

Have you practiced by carrying all of your gear for that distance?
>>
>>32868001
I've practiced and tweaked my gear, I've topped out at 20 miles in one day comfortably. In a bug out situation I'm going maybe 1-2km my bug out would only be to a staging area so I can assess and retake my home.
>>
>>32867989
>You should have a no contact plan in place.
do you? it's a bit risky revealing your power level to your family isn't it?
>>
File: Do_you_feel_it_MRCrabs.gif (2MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
Do_you_feel_it_MRCrabs.gif
2MB, 500x281px
>>32868016
At least you have thought it out. 1-2km is not far at all. If you have a highway nearby where people may get stuck or may be traveling down, take that into consideration.

If you have a staging area, I would consider having a cache there, if it can be hidden well. Maybe not ammo, but other items sealed and hidden or buried. Ammo can be sealed and buried but you have to take extra precautions with moisture.

Honestly I would never carry more than 7 mags of 556 on my person. 1in my rifle, 4 on my vest, 2 in my pack but if you have all of your essentials, food, meds, etc. more ammo would not hurt unless you are weighing yourself down. The moment that weight becomes an issue, ammo goes first.
>>
>>32868030
Your family? They are the people you should trust the most, I have a no contact plan in place yes one message if we think shit is going to go down and they all head to my home, we have a couple of RV points and if people don't show up we check those and if they still aren't there then we assume the worst and move on.

It sounds harsh but that is the reality you may have to face if shit truly hits the fan.
>>
>>32868060
I live in a fairly rural area, not to many highways. I have maps of the local area as well.

Honestly the cache is a good idea and I may look into that. Most of my ammo will be going on my chest rig or belt and when I do plan to assault and retake my home I will be leaving my ruck at the staging area anyway.
>>
>>32868167
>Your family? They are the people you should trust the most

sure, but they are also the ppl a possible conflict has the most negative consequences with. They don't know that I actually CC in my daily life and they don't know the reasons why. While we all have guns, me saying I carry a loaded gun 24/7 because I think all x are y and out to z us... they wouldn't understand that line of reasoning.
>>
>>32868222
They don't need to know the ins and outs. And trust me if SHTF you CCing is the last thing they will worry about. Honestly the way Europe is going they may be glad that you have some sort of plan.
>>
>>32868373
I was thinking about what you are saying this xmas and wanted to have a debate on what to do and establish a plan that we'd all adhere to. the berlin truck attack did sort of play into my hand but still it didn't work out too well. mom was even pissed the attacker managed to get a gun and said if there weren't any guns, this wouldn't have happened while my G26 was in my briefcase not 4 feet away from her....
>>
>>32868395
Well honestly then what I'd say it lay it out, tell them what you are planning on doing and where they can find you if SHTF, if they choose not to listen then, well they will just be another name to add to the list.
>>
>>32868416
that's kinda not how it works. I'm relying on my paren't property because it's rural, defensible, somewhat sustainable in terms of water and wood for heating, my dad has a huge diesel tank for his machinery etc. - staying in the city is (probably) dumb.
>>
>>32868437
bump
>>
File: $_57gg.jpg (163KB, 855x1215px) Image search: [Google]
$_57gg.jpg
163KB, 855x1215px
>>32868592
>>
File: $_57.jpg (117KB, 855x1200px) Image search: [Google]
$_57.jpg
117KB, 855x1200px
>>32868658
>>
>>32868184
Watch Garand Thumb. He has good gear tips

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0RBTQIYLEQbcahZWkmzeTQ
>>
File: A52-PO7230.jpg (54KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
A52-PO7230.jpg
54KB, 1000x1000px
>>32868984
>https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0RBTQIYLEQbcahZWkmzeTQ

nice. thx for the tip. also, I am asking ameribros here to srsly consider supplying a gun to selected euros. a poly80 Glawk would go a long way here.
>>
>>32868437
Well if SHTF I imagine (hope) he will be pleased to see you alive and well.

>>32868984
I have been he is what helped me plan a large portion of my kit and equipment I was just hoping to get some second opinions and see if others had different views on the matter.
>>
>>32868658
>>32868983
Looks interesting but I prefer MOLLE, I know I may be a faggot but I enjoy the adaptability of it and the ability to mix and match
>>
>>32869006
>Well if SHTF I imagine (hope) he will be pleased to see you alive and well.

sure. but how do you break the subject to people who grew up in small rural communities with next to 0 exposure to modern euro city life? me mom was blaming the gun that the Berlin truck attacker stolequired while there were a semi auto rifle and 3 bolt guns in her husband's own gun cabinet gathering dust, all of which she herself has shot too and, in theory knows how to use.
>>
>>32867598
After my 9mm build is done I will basically be doing the opposite of you and will have nothing but 9mm glock mags on me. I live innacity so a 9mm AR with 8' barrel will be plenty long gun wise since the chances of me needing to reach out beyond 100m is slim.
>>
File: 1434835714001.jpg (1MB, 2209x1884px) Image search: [Google]
1434835714001.jpg
1MB, 2209x1884px
>>32869018
>Looks interesting but I prefer MOLLE, I know I may be a faggot but I enjoy the adaptability of it and the ability to mix and match

Yeah, it's jewstuff. I'm not suggesting anyone buy it, in fact, I wager it's hot as fuck - it's just random images from my folder. I use a Condor Barrage Chest Rig for >>32867678 lvl1 and a Camelbak Hawk for lvl2. If I need more mobility, I can always just drop the Hawg...
>>
>>32869061
sorry, pistol caliber SMGs were all the rage in the 80s and 90s but they went the way of the dinosaur for a reason. Soft kevlar is ubiquitous today and loads of people have NIJIII plates (AR500, UHMWPE or composite) and above. In SHTF, without an M4, you'll be hopelessly undergunned simply because everybody and their aunt has an M4gery....
>>
>>32869006
There are a few other youtubers that are decent. Honestly also a few of the Panteao video are really excellent. Pat Macs videos are good, he also has a great exercise program you can download in PDF form. Paul Howes Combat Mindset and Exterior Movement. Pat Rogers (F). Their bushcraft series is ok too, but Hoods Woods is a my go to, if you can still find them.

>Doc Spears Combat Lifesaver class DVD is a must!

http://panteao.com/

I do not know where you are located but there are a few classes here in TX where you can train with you gear for a bug out situation as well. Paul Howe and Tiger Valley, and a few others.
>>
>>32869044
Do they know how to farm?
>>
>>32869129
>Do they know how to farm?
They had a dairy farm and some 50 cows before my dad retired. Now they have cows for personal use.
>>
>>32869127
Honestly I'll doubt I'll need the CLS classes. Though I'll check out some of that other stuff.
>>
>>32869154
What about things like vegetables? Cows are good but having a continuous supply of Vegetables is far more useful.
>>
File: asdf.jpg (126KB, 600x428px) Image search: [Google]
asdf.jpg
126KB, 600x428px
>>32869187
>What about things like vegetables? Cows are good but having a continuous supply of Vegetables is far more useful.

Nah, too cold. I don't see how veggies would be more useful than cows which would give milk and meat to a degree. If you said grain I would have agreed but veggies are just vitamin sources, they offer very little calories. Most of our land is pasture alpine grassland not suitable for growing corn or wheat. OFC they have small greenhouse gardens but that's more a hobby than a real source of food for several people...
>>
File: giphy-facebook_s.jpg (54KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
giphy-facebook_s.jpg
54KB, 480x270px
>>32869254
>>
>>32869271
doesn't grow too well either
>>
>>32869314
Well shit you need to find a way to start stocking
>>
>>32867725
>>32867739
Me either, that's one scenario I don't plan for. The only way that would come to pass is if the lower nuclear power plant was compromised, and chances are I wouldn't survive long enough to get away.
>>
>>32869126
I have AR's so I'm not worried about that. If I really have to bug out I can strap one to my ruck. I also have armor and the advantage of having a dick load more training than your average Cletus with his M&P. While a lot of people do have armor, the majority still do not and that's why +P JHP's exist.
>>
>>32869423
Just an euro report on the issue:

http://www.sydsvenskan.se/2017-01-21/en-person-skjuten-pa-munkhattegatan-i-malmo

18-year old New-Swedish boy was shot at just recently in Kantatgatan in Malmö.

The boy happened to wear a bullet proof vest. One of the bullets indeed was stopped by the vest, saving his life.

However other bullets found their way into his leg, which started to bleed uncontrollably.

The boy somehow managed to run towards a shop in Munkhättegatan and plead for help. The shop workers called in the police and ambulance.

Doctors later said that the leg wound was serious but not lethal with proper treatment.

Police recognized the boy, he was a minor drug dealer.

Whoever shot at him, is unknown as of yet.

So these these cunts are wearing armor and shooting each other in the streets over drug turf. It's like his work uniform/personal protection gear.
>>
>>32867678
I bet you're a ton of fun at parties
>>
>>32869707
>I bet you're a ton of fun at parties

wew sharts farted
>>
>>32869061
damn an 8 foot barrel?
>>
Depend on what bag I get to.
In my car, my bag contains an AR-7 (.22) with 200 rounds of ammo.

If I am home and need to go, I have a Lee-Enfield and with a hip rig with 100 rounds of ammo already in stripper clips.
I feel these two rifles along with the number of rounds is fine for me.
You may be wondering why I don't rock an AR15 or a handgun: I live in the communist state of NY. ARs are gay here (10 round mags, all the cool features taken away) and if i get a handgun license and fuck up in anyway, all my guns get confiscated and they mark up the guns with state serial numbers while in lock up.
>>
>>32870659
I still have my CC permit (though I moved out of that shithole 5 years ago), my dad said he got my renewal paperwork. I think I'm going to reapply/renew for the lels.
>>
>>32870959
my wife is pushing for us to get handgun permits. I really dont want to. I've managed to calm her down by buying her a Rossi .44 Mag lever action with a 16 inch barrel. The thing is short as can be. She seems content for now.
>>
>>32867547
How many firefights do you expect to engage in before you get to your bug out location?

>>32867598
>You are bugging out when shit gets untenable at home, don't expect to be going back oon or that your home will be standing when you do.
You are bugging out to a bug out location.

Are you one of those retards who think he will be living in the woods for months with a bag a that has a day worth of supplies?
>>
>>32867985
>still honestly believing Jamal and co won't cripple themselves settling old fueds within the first couple of days

Those gangs will rip each other apart so bad the only blacks left will be the ones who have never touched a firearm.
>>
>>32871118
I wouldn't bother. If you're anywhere in eastern NY or Buffalo/Rochester you wont get one. Waste of money. Plus I think classes are mandatory
>>
>>32870659
that's why I love the AR and the idea of 22lr conversion bolts so much. you can get 3.5 22lr for the weight of every one 223 cartridge.
>>
>>32871213
I took the class. I live in putnam, it use to be easy until a Westchester judge took the bench up here. I just dont want my shit taken if I get arrested for anything. I was told by a cop that even a minor infraction could lead to confiscation if you have a hand gun license.

NY is such a drag.
>>
>>32867547
Carry as much as you're comfortable carrying. Just take into account how much the ammo will weigh.

I normally carry 2 spare mags of 5.56, 60 loose rounds, and a 100 round box of 9mm. The girlfriend carries 3 boxes of 30.06 for her rifle and a 50 round box of .38.
>>
>>32867547
Boy you want 5.56. life isn't a meme.

The US designated it for a purpose. Plus any Nasty girls or Leo's will be carrying that.

But this is all a retarded fantasy. You ever play Legos? My friend had one that was insane.

t. Possibly a guy who knows military weapons, or I could be a clever 15 year old boy
>>
In all likely hood, I'd ditch my rifles and grab my 590a1 in a SHTF situation. 12ga rounds are heavier than 5.56/7.62 but it's worth the trade off since a one shot stop is more likely and I can hit a moving target better with a shotgun.
I can carry 60 easily accessible rounds in TYR breaching pouches on my chest + more on my belt with the added bonus of no magazines to loose.

If S ever did HTF I would be doing everything possible to evade other people, not engaging in open gun battles.
In that kind of defensive role, I'm more confident with a shotgun than with a rifle, despite the ammo weight trade off.
>>
>>32871346
>5.56 ever outpreforming 7.62 as a dual purpose hunting round
>>
>>32867747
you are part of the problem
>>
>>32871534
Ethical hunting is not exactly a major concern when shtf.
>>
>>32871476
Hope you never get pinned down
>>
>>32871654
Barrier penetration is
>>
>>32871708
Can't remember the last time barrier penetration came in handy while hunting.
>>
File: 1486003751844.jpg (173KB, 746x737px) Image search: [Google]
1486003751844.jpg
173KB, 746x737px
>>32871696
If i get pinned down by gunfire, my choice of weapon will matter little.
Enjoy living out your operator fantasy and dying from massive blood loss.
>>
>>32871158
As I mentioned the only firefight I'm intending to engage in is the one to retake my home.

>>32871163
>Believing one gang won't come out on top.
Well at least you are optimistic.

>>32871302
I thought about loose ammo but if I was going to I'd want it ready in magazines or not at all.

>>32871346
Well if I have my 7.62 then my wife or buddy will have my 5.56 I'm not going to leave it behind.
>>
>>32872087
>As I mentioned the only firefight I'm intending to engage in is the one to retake my home.
How many do you expect to engage in then?

This entirely depends on how far away your bug out location is, how many places that you need to go through and are likely to be occupied by armed people are on the way, etc.

Shit Anon, I'm not you. You know your bug out plan best, prepare accordingly.
>>
>yuropoor
>in any realistic shtf scenario that isn't an immediate collapse of society all registered firearms are going to be confiscated

>tfw my bug out gun is a cap&ball remington 1858 revolver and 60 paper cartridges
On one hand, I'm fucked if I ever get into a firefight with anyone with modern firearms (not likely) or need to cross a body of water by swimming and I do need to cross a river on the way to my bug out location.

On the other hand, pretty much everyone except the military/cops will be either completly unarmed or have knives/shitty improvised melee weapons at best since owning black powder firearms is not all that popular.

Any ideas how to cross the river in case all the bridges get blocked?

I was thinking about going through the metro tunnel that runs beneath it and connects both sides, but it's likely there will be armed security/police/military in there as well.

Also, is it even possible to safely travel through metro tunnels if the metro trains are still up and running? As in, are there any side paasages for metro personnel or something like that?

I really want to avoid swimming not only because of the ammo getting wet but also because my mom has an irrational fear of swimming and the last thing I want is her panicking while I'm helping her swim with the pack weighing me down.

I was also thinking about an inflatable boat, but those things are bulky, heavy and a chore to set up.
>>
>>32872167
As I mentioned earlier I'm only planning to bug out 1 to 2km to a location then moving to a staging area then assaulting my home so probably only one largeish firefight
>>
>>32872466
> I'm only planning to bug out 1 to 2km to a location then moving to a staging area then assaulting my home
That's pretty close. I would probably go with 3, 5 mags tops.
>>
>>32872513
In addition to my 7+1 I'm already carrying?
>>
>>32872521
Nah, 3/5+1.

Let's be realistic, if the whole journey is 2km, how and where exactly are you going to shoot 8 mags worth of ammo, yet alone more?
>>
>>32872583
Well if I'm carrying 7.62 8 mags is only 160 rounds and that's in I'm running 20rd mags.
>>
>>32867547
It always depends on the situation.
Tornado or some other natural disaster hits your area? Minimal because order should be restored quickly.

World goes belly up? I'd rather carry as much as feasibly possible.
>>
File: 41V2eYT+HhL._SY300_.jpg (11KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
41V2eYT+HhL._SY300_.jpg
11KB, 300x300px
>>32872465
>get pic related for cartridges
that's one problem out of the way.
>>
>>32867678

That is a lot of stuff to cram into your Mom's minivan.

Don't forget that you will have cousin Kevin's sleep apnea machine in there as well.
>>
>>32873100
I might do some tests but I doubt waterproof containers are enough if it gets submerged in water. Black powder is hygroscopic as fuck, it attracts water and moisture very easily. That and they are pretty delicate.

Crossing the river without swimming would be preferable.

But thanks anyways.
>>
>>32873548
Waterproof means waterproof. If you get wet, you will lose what's in the revolver, but will have however many in the bag as you can put in there.

As far as crossing the river... Kayaks are 20lbs and can store a ruck (plus you can just drag them). Remember to camo it with spray paint and move at night.
>>
>>32873051
What about if just going out on a supply run or area patrol?
>>
>>32867678
I like your system, but I'd recommend levels 1 to 4 be bumped up a tier, and the new lvl 1 be "minutes to several hours", being your old lvl 1 + small personal hydration/snack material.
>>
>>32875860
Wouldn't that just be EDC?
>>
>>32872087
>implying a gang would come out on top wiyh enough surviving members to still be effective and functional

Nigro please, you really think human society will fall and a couple groups of faggy black teenagers will out-last it?
These "gangs" would die if MTV shutdown for more than 6 hours.
>>
>>32873548
If you're carrying BP you should get a waterproof container anyway. Rain, humidity, sweat, plenty of things besides crossing a riving could dampen that power.
>>
>>32877618
>What is Somalia
I dunno blacks have a way of surviving
>>
File: defcon-table.jpg (76KB, 620x268px) Image search: [Google]
defcon-table.jpg
76KB, 620x268px
>>32867678
DEFCON goes the other way though lol
>>
File: 1485321675358.jpg (1MB, 1920x1304px) Image search: [Google]
1485321675358.jpg
1MB, 1920x1304px
>>32867547

All your Bug Out Bag should contain if you live anywhere within 20 miles of the groid.

-Ammunition
-Ammunition
-Water
-Water purification
-Ammunition
-Ammunition
-And more ammunition.

Oh yeah, bring more ammunition and plenty of magazines to shoot it and keep shooting it.

If you are in the white people lands and woods/mountains, then it will not matter. Bring fucking space blankets, tactical fire starters, snuggies and tampons.

But if you are anywhere near the groid, bring more fucking groid hole manufacturing devices.

If you are within 20 miles of a U.S. city with a groid population of 25% of higher (Like I am near Charlotte N.C.) be ready to shoot and keep fucking shooting until nothing moves.

Once Trump begins ground breaking construction on the southern border all, all hell is going to break loose.

Fight to survive first and foremost.

They don't call this a battleground state for nothing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWAhVbayGv4
>>
>>32878088
Somalia is hardly operated by gangs which existed pre-war.
Obviously people would eventually unite into warlord factions like in Somalia, but that is definitely not an example of street gangs surviving the apocalypse intact.
>>
>>32867547

enough to get you out of a tight spot, but not so much that you need to compromise on other areas. if you're bugging out, you should already have some safe destination where you've stored most of your supplies anyway.
>>
File: Fun.jpg (73KB, 432x253px) Image search: [Google]
Fun.jpg
73KB, 432x253px
>>32867747
there is a special place for you in a shtf-scenario
>>
Bugout bags are the dumbest shit ever. Grow the fuck up.
>>
>>32878244
that's a lot of ammo. I feel like I should have an ultra light .22 and some 500rd bricks for that much shooting.
>>
File: image.jpg (105KB, 257x589px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
105KB, 257x589px
>>32867678
How you must look like
>>
>>32868658
Israeli piece of crap. Non-modular design, has straps and shit designed to get stuck when crossing brush, buckles on the shoulders make shouldering the rifle more difficult, and it looks hot as hell (no mesh). 2/10 wouldn't operate with.
>>
>>32872465
>Not hiding your guns before SHTF and claiming a boating accident or Romanian burglar.
>Not using the money from insurance to buy more ammo.
>2017 and still being dumb and naive
>>
File: 6234723475.jpg (80KB, 525x389px) Image search: [Google]
6234723475.jpg
80KB, 525x389px
>>32867547
Combat simulation games have determined that I would most likely not shot more then 40 rounds out of a possible 200 round 7.62 combat load for at least killing more than 5 people. This would be determined by how long I lasted until I got killed or by how long it would actually take to ether clear a hot zone with no more enemies that have not lost the will to fight. But this is if there was no way out, such as being ordered to clear the whole area out or a battlefield with a skirmish underway.

So I would actually have 4 magazines prepared and have the rest of the ammunition reserve be in lighter boxes of storage or offhand for magazine loading, like speed-loaders. Unfortunately none of the combat sim games allow you to do that, and make it so ammo weight is also affected by the magazine weight in which it is stored. This is mostly by the actual clothing that is worn and not a full on chest rig, because no rig means no reason to have more magazines prepared. The weight reduction offsets the weight of tools or medical care in which could be useful on any easy day.
>>
>>32878542
>games
Good god....
>>
>>32878549
The closest thing to dying for real and realizing everything you had went to waste, I know.
>>
>>32871696
Enjoy ur autism
>>
>>32871708
>Barrier penetration is

Reminder that you don't have unlimited ammo.
>>
>>32878542
>So I would actually have 4 magazines prepared and have the rest of the ammunition reserve be in lighter boxes of storage or offhand for magazine loading, like speed-loaders.
Why not just have all your ammo in mags already? You're carrying it anyways, why waste time with clips and speed loaders if you don't need to?
the weight of an unloaded magazine is negligible, imho
>>
>>32878416
Stop it mooom, I told you not to bug me when I'm talking with my cool friends.

Sorry guys she's always like this at this time of the month
>>
>>32878698
depends what magazines he's talking about. I looked up weight, the tl;dr version is that mags are 0.5-0.6lb for steel, a hair over 0.3lb for polymer, a hair over 0.2lb for aluminum. 20rd rifle round mags are nearly identical weight as 30rd intermediate round mags of the same material. I think 0.6 is significant, that'll add up, but 0.2-0.3 lb mags are light enough to not worry.
>>
>>32878416
>Bugout bags are the dumbest shit ever. Grow the fuck up.

well, yes, and no.

you live in tornado alley, or on the florida/gulf coast where hurricanes roll in? or you live near a river with a history of flooding? a recently active volcano? Or right on a major geological fault?

A go-bag with clothes, spares etc stored pre-packed in a wardrobe, ready to pick up if the weather strikes and your home's liable to be flooded, or whatever is a fucking good idea. Especially if its something regular like hurricanes that go past.

a "SHTF" bag for "teh zombie apocalypse" with full ammo camo clothes etc to go live operationally operating innawoods tactical combat situation?

I agree. that's fucking pitiful paranoid fantasists' nonsense.
>>
File: 3e3.jpg (84KB, 488x516px) Image search: [Google]
3e3.jpg
84KB, 488x516px
>>32879488
>>32878416
>>
>>32867547

I hate to be "that guy" but if it gets to the point where you are walking in the shtf scenario then the absolute LAST thing you want to do is get into a shootout with hostiles.

Stealth, concealment, proper situational awareness, these are the things that will keep you alive, not those extra 8 fully loaded mags.

Do yourself a favor. Get a solid .22lr rifle and a few hundred rounds for your bob. You should only be hunting small game because lets face it, unless your got some established hunting camp waaaay out in the wilderness, you should never be hunting anything as big as a hog or deer.

You can carry a sidearm for those impossible to avoid confrontations, but just remember that the moment you have to pull it in anger you're probably already dead.

I get that the whole SHTF fantasy is just that, a fantasy. So it's fun to talk about the 8 guns and 5,000 rounds that you're going to lug around when you become a modern day knight. I'm just trying to splash a little cold reality on this conversation.
>>
>>32867547
Assuming that you have a BOL other than away from where you are, seal some ammo in mylar and pack it in ammo cans. Then cache those cans along your 2 most likely routes.
Carry what you can, but having extra available is always good. If you end up not needing it,you can just leave it for another day. Offsite stashes are always good to have.
>>
>>32867747

>Neighborhood quickly figures out what you're doing and your location.
>Sets your building on fire
>You burn to death screaming like a bitch while clutching your war spoils
>>
>>32879886

This guy.

I'd also point out that everybody else has the same idea (hunting innawoods). Bambi will be in short supply.
>>
>>32873548
Just seal whatever you want waterproofed in a vacuum bag. Problem fucking solved.
>>
File: I have achieved my final form.jpg (76KB, 280x192px) Image search: [Google]
I have achieved my final form.jpg
76KB, 280x192px
>>32879886
My nigga.
My go-to is a Model 60. I can have 500 rounds in my pack inside a water bottle, and never feel the weight.
Fuck running gunfights. My biggest concern is going to be squirrel or possum with my rice & beans.
>>
>>32867547
Load your pack with how much you want, go hike up some hills, and then subtract or add.

It depends on how much you can carry. I'd rather not be wheezing and taking breaks every 5 minutes.

t. minimalist fag
>>
>>32879886
>>32879993
Absolutely, stealth is key I'm not going into a situation looking for a fight however I would want to be somewhat prepared if the need arise.

Oh don't worry the people who believe they can live off Bambi will die off very quickly.
>>
File: WIN_20161018_15_51_31_Pro.jpg (147KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
WIN_20161018_15_51_31_Pro.jpg
147KB, 1280x720px
>>32878432
>How you must look like

how I really look like
>>
>>32879963
>Neigbourhood

Why is it there have to be these artificial groups introduced to deal with people who will prey on others during the apocalypse?
Why can't you lot just come up with something to prepare for that eventuality, instead of praying to god that gangs/neighbourhoods/army/leo kills me? Seems kinda unprepared if your major strategy for dealing with hostiles is hope.
>>
>>32883436
Because a lot of us have the plan in place to not live in the city like a daft cunt as mentioned earlier.
>>
>>32867547
Why would I tell you when you'll probably be the fucker I have to fight innawoods against huh?
>>
File: DSC_9282.jpg (3MB, 3008x2000px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_9282.jpg
3MB, 3008x2000px
22lr for days. I can carry thousands of rounds.
>>
>>32880039
Not him but that would crush paper cartridges
>>
What would be a good bug out weapon for a 5'3 100lbs girl. I need it to be light preferably.
>>
>>32867547
>actually having a BoB
>actually planning to leave the vast majority of your supplies to live in the woods or some retarded shit.
>>
>>32887076
>Actually reading the thread
>Actually realising I've repeatedly said I'm not planning on doing that
>>
>>32884458
My goal is to avoid people not actively seek them out
>>
>>32869126
>not aiming exclusively for dicks come shtf
>implying anyone is surviving a gunshot wound without immediate access to emergency services
top pleb

also
>shtf
>not making handloads out of wheel weights and tungsten drillbit shanks for your pistol
sabot penetrator 9mm+P will go through a IIIa vest like it isn't even there. But for the ban on AP handgun ammo the most common handgun loading in the US would be a hybrid penetrator-hollowpoint that would petal out if hitting flesh but strip the lead and copper to propel a steel/tungsten sub caliber penetrator right through soft armor.
>>
>>32878426
you better stock up, I hear the limit is one bulk pack but if you get 3 friends, your wife, several homeless people, and your adult children to come to walmart with you within a few months you'll have enough .22lr... maybe.
>>
File: blowout.jpg (985KB, 2592x800px) Image search: [Google]
blowout.jpg
985KB, 2592x800px
>>32883436
>be full LMOE longpig diet urban sniper on day one
>basic services reestablished on day 2-7
>the lethal injection drugs that are supposed to knock you out just paralyze you and you're entirely conscious while painfully dying of forced organ failure.
or
>the road were declared
>be a little turd in a big pond and die when more than one person with a gun shows up
>get turned into longpig by longpig
>>
File: 1320793421356.png (469KB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
1320793421356.png
469KB, 450x450px
>>32888805
Out of curiosity what's the best reasonably priced bulk ammo for 5.56 and 7.62 NATO?
>>
>>32888852
Honestly trying to reason with him is like trying to argue with a retarded goat.
>>
File: image.jpg (79KB, 780x653px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
79KB, 780x653px
>>32883097
Is that you?
>>
>>32867747
Being only 2, means you'll die because that's by far not enough. You should be at least a half-dozen, so you can have people foraging, others standing guard and the others be resting.
>>
>>32887053
An AR obviously.
>>
>>32889852
Thanks for narrowing that down to possibly the second most common firearm in America, any particular one? If possible I'd like to try and avoid having to build it
>>
If you plan to bug out, your BOB should be lightweight. You should have most ammo, guns, medical supplies, food and spare clothes at your bug out place. A BOB is only go from where you are to your retreat. It's not a survival bag or a fighting load.
>>
>>32889844
You are assuming he has any sort of logic
>>
>>32889873
It doesn't matter, they are all light. A Colt LE, or some good S&W will do the trick. Just don't overload it with useless crap. An AR and an ACOG is probably the best combination.
>>
>>32889883
Honestly I was only thinking of a small RDS, I have a 308 with a browe BCO on it so I'm not expecting her to do any long range shooting
>>
File: 1485729046535.gif (1MB, 300x332px) Image search: [Google]
1485729046535.gif
1MB, 300x332px
>>32867547
That's a loaded question.

Where are you going? What are the conditions? What weapon(s) are you carrying? Is there more ammo where you are going? How long will you be gone?

Bugging out in general is a terrible fucking idea and if shit has gotten bad enough that you have to leave your home for an indefinite period, there's much more important stuff to have than ammo and firearms.

If you are talking indefinite survival, a sidearm with some magazines and a couple hundred rounds and reliable .22 rifle with as much .22lr as you can feasibly carry along with the more important stuff is what you need.

Anybody "bugging out" with the intention of sustained gun fights is dead already.
>>
>>32889896
US forces in Iraq where doing CQB with ACOGs. They made so many head shots that rumors said they were executing prisoners. If a red dot is all you have, give her that.
>>
>>32889913
Well I have one but she isn't an amazing shot, she doesn't shoot as often as I'd like her to, I'm just not going to shell out on a magnified optic if she is going to be about as accurate with one as without one.
>>
>>32889919
Then the RDS is fine.
>>
>>32888915
Bump
>>
>>32868658
900 shekels
>>
>>32867547
Post entire bug out bag and I'll instruct you on what to get rid of, and what you need more of.
>>
>>32889913
Do you think the results were because of them just point shooting instead of trying to an optic/irons at something 5 feet away?
>>
File: IMG_20170125_162233_207.jpg (172KB, 618x1058px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170125_162233_207.jpg
172KB, 618x1058px
>>32893419
I've posted this before and I have the kit Im just debating ammo
>>
File: IMG_20170125_162254_647.jpg (103KB, 720x603px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170125_162254_647.jpg
103KB, 720x603px
>>32894194
I also have tweaked it since and added some cyalumes
>>
File: IMG_20170125_162346_645.jpg (114KB, 720x775px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170125_162346_645.jpg
114KB, 720x775px
>>32894211
>>
>>32894194
>>32894211
>>32894225
And if you hadn't noticed it's for two people.
>>
>>32867747
>anyone with any small semblance of situational awareness and common sense notices shots from the "AK sniper" (who will absolutely miss every shot he takes because he's an edge lord kid who's dad doesn't let him practice enough) and throws a few molotovs into the building
>you literally die in a fire
At least you tried.
>>
>>32888752
I've made AP 9mm from hardened 10xx series steels by swaging them into a copper jacket for barrel and feed ramp wear
>>
>>32867747
>>32867722
Assholes like this guy are why you have a single food item on your person laced with poison and discretely marked
>>
>>32867547
I don't understand the whole "bugging out" mentality. I'm digging in. Home is where my supplies are. I don't have to worry about lugging anything around.

In a last resort scenario, I can see having a small bag. Enough to get to point A, where you have another bag hidden to get you to point B and another bag. So on and so forth.
>>
>>32867747
>we eat the bodies
Enjoy your Kuru
>>
>>32896999
True but should my home be attacked or I want to go out for a couple of days hunting or scavenging you'll need a bag to support you, so maybe it's more a 3 day pack
>>
>>32881526
then get in better shape

how is that not obvious to you
>>
>>32896865
Responding to this retard only fuels his retard stalker fantasy. He will never listen to logic
>>
>>32888752
Use TIG welding tungstens for penetrators. It comes in a variety of diameters.
>>
>>32878426
Not a bad idea!
>>
>>32884591
It wouldn't apply much pressure, but one could always place the cartridges in open ended tubes if wanted then vacuum pack the lot.
Thread posts: 194
Thread images: 31

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.