[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Whats a good price for a functional polearm?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

I have no experience with the pricing of martial weapons and I figured /k/ would know.
>>
As opposed to a dysfunctional polearm?
>>
Depends on who makes it. Why does it need to be functional? Just buy a bloody knife or a sword or something. Where would you even use that? Please don't say home defense... seriously though, what do you want it to be capable of?
>>
>>32866757
As opposed to a polearm that is non-functional IE if it bumps into something too hard it the edge or spike chips.
>>
>>32866779
>Please don't say home defense... seriously though, what do you want it to be capable of?
Fighting off groups of people who have bats and sticks, I own a small business and I'm getting increasingly nervous about these wannabe bolshevik punks thrashing around the city and I don't want mine to be smashed up.
>>
>>32866796
Is your country noguns? Do you have space to swing it?
>>
>>32866817
Firing my gun into a blended crowd of leftists that may or may not be violent is not viable, especially with complicated city-ordinances regarding using lethality in self-defense. A good polearm will make them bleed but only kill them if thats what I'm going for.
>>
>>32866817
I currently see anywhere from 200$ US to 1500$ US for something that appears functional. Really though, without some training you may as well use a long piece of chain and a heavy piece of lead or iron...
>>
>>32866835
Dude, against crowds you're gonna need like a line of pikemen.
>>
>>32866845
Flails are just fluff against unarmored targets

>>32866861
Not necessarily, just a few friends. Polearms are superior weapons to improvised ones like flagpoles and clubs, especially with mixed-unit tactics involved.

>>32866845
>I currently see anywhere from 200$ US to 1500$ US
Thats the problem, i KNOW $1500 US is too much.
>>
>>32866982
tfw: Not already owning a multi-purpose Helvetian Militia Halberd
>>
>>32866737
>I have no experience with the pricing of martial weapons and I figured /k/ would know.

get a gun and bear spray. with no practical exp with swords and the like all you'll end up doing is get them more angry, make them disarm you and then they will killy you with your own sharp stick....
>>
>>32866737
Generally, a weapon/bladesmith is the way to go and there's a few of them about who can make you pretty much anything you want.
For something like a halberd, really depends on the complexity and type of the head itself. So you're looking about $450-600 for one that's got a basic finish, uses quality steel, hardened & tempered where it needs to be and will fuck people up.
>>
>>32866737
Go Cold Steel if you want a cheap functional polearm.

The majority of their swords are shit in the sense that while sturdy, they're grossly unbalanced and unnecessarily heavy.

For polearms though, it's fine. A lot of historical polearms weren't even hardened, so really any smith who can make a polearm that looks a polearm is already halfway there.

If you want to get better quality and are willing to spend more, look into Lutel, Arms & Armor, and Albion.
>>
Abstaining from sins of the flesh.
>>
File: 1397347880095.gif (117KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1397347880095.gif
117KB, 500x375px
>>32866737
Been playing chivalry a lot lately, where can I find a decent pole arm, warhammer, or bardiche-type weapon for not too much money? Cold Steel?

I probably won't use it for war purposes, but I guess the type of reliability I'm looking for is: being able to fuck 1 or 2 people up.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.