[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

PTSD thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 10

File: 1470420155376.jpg (117KB, 682x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1470420155376.jpg
117KB, 682x1024px
>Be me
> riding home after 12hr shift at work
>about to take turn to home stretch of road
>see bumper laying in road and a car stopped by it
>The "bumper" is a motorcycle that had crashed into an oncoming car
The car i normally drive had broken down the day before and i hadn't taken the time to swap my get home bag (that has my first aide kit) into it. I also couldn't find my flashlight that morning before i left.

>find some latex gloves in center console of loaner
> hands shaking like a beta male talking to Taylor swift
>get over to guy
>guy is seriously fucked up. He had a full face helmet and all his front teeth were smashed out, lips ripped up, 1" wide gash on his knee
> try to help him
>dude does nothing but cough up blood and scream
>I try and fail to keep him calm until the ambulance gets there
>dude ends up dying in the hospital from trauma

I still feel holding him in c-spine as the EMT's put the neck brace on him and feeling the bones that were his jaw grinding together and seeing how much blood he had lost.
Worst part is, i couldn't do anything for him as most of the bleeding was internal.
>>
One time my mom didn't bring home chicken nuggets when she said she would so I had to cook up ramen myself like a fucking caveman.
Haunts me to this day
>>
File: NJ wut.jpg (7KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
NJ wut.jpg
7KB, 480x360px
kek
>>
Another white boy dead
>>
>>32865621
I know it doesn't help but I wouldn't beat yourself up over it. If it was really that bad there probably wasn't too much anyone could have done for the guy. You tried to help - a lot of people would have just kept going.

>>32865676
>le tendies maymay xd
>>
>>32865621

DON'T FUCKING MOVE PEOPLE AFTER AN ACCIDENT UNLESS SHIT'S ON FIRE. If they have a broken back or neck you can fuck it up more or even kill them.
>>
File: JohnMclane-300x408.jpg (36KB, 300x408px) Image search: [Google]
JohnMclane-300x408.jpg
36KB, 300x408px
>>32865621
Are we just using PTSD as a catchphrase now?

Vet diagnosed with PTSD, just curious.
>>
>>32865777
It's urban slang for "something actually happened in my life for once". They think it's PTSD because they feel somewhat uncomfortable remembering it.
>>
I grew up in a set of projects that were pretty fucking bad in '03 to 0'5-ish. Influx of cocaine caused serious tension between two rival gangs that wanted to control the place.

Around 4PM a shootout happened, niggers went at it with pistols. Was over in about 20 seconds.

I saw a toddler get shot in the neck.

Can't sleep properly to this day. Don't like to talk about it. going to get drunk now.
>>
File: image.jpg (49KB, 645x771px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
49KB, 645x771px
A vary similar event happened to me.

>4 years ago
>walking to my lab on school campus, 8am
>listening to music with headphones in
>walking over 60 foot bridge
>see guy looking over guard rail, sees me, starts waving at me
>I take out headphones and hear the screams
>I look over the guardrail and see a guy writhing and screaming 60 feet below
>shit.fug
>run off bridge and scale down side of cliff (it wasn't sheer, but at a good angle)
>make it to the screaming guy
>he's bloody
>I can hear his crackling bones as he writhes
>I can hear fluid in his lungs as he screams
>I try to get his name, calm him, keep his c-spine immobile
>another guy climbs down to help
>some onlooker called paramedics. They came quickly because their station was a quarter mile up the street.
>I went to my lab afterward, apologized to my PI for being late, and went to work
>later noticed blood on my red sweatshirt

He jumped off the bridge. Suicide. I found out he died on helicopter transport to Stanford. I was later interviewed by the chief of police because aparently he lived two doors down from me. I still don't know what his name was.

Typing that out brought that back. Fuck.
>>
One time I fired an AR-15. The recoil bruised my shoulder, which can happen if you don't know what you're doing. The brass shell casings disoriented me as they flew past my face. The smell of sulfur and destruction made me sick. The explosions — loud like a bomb — gave me a temporary form of PTSD. For at least an hour after firing the gun just a few times, I was anxious and irritable.
>>
>>32865777
>>32865806
>a condition of persistent mental and emotional stress occurring as a result of injury or severe psychological shock

It's not just a soldier thing, it's incredibly common in emergency services. There's always that one kid you can't save, burning to death in a car, or that one guy you have to shoot that you have to relive every night of your life. Usually the first, after that you kinda tune it out. It's not a good thing, but they all kinda slur together.
>>
>>32865676
Wtf, she let you use the the stove?
>>
>>32865776
This, unless they specifically need to be moved, or ask to move to clear airways, don't move people. You can make neck and back injuries worse and fuck them up from the inside.
>>
>be in photoshoot at a fan meetup
>taking pics with my fans
>everybody is having fun and thanking me for my content
>photoshoot is coming to an end and some regular looking guy asks for a photo
>he wraps his arms around me, making me immobile
>he then looks to the camera and says "Say nigger!"
>am speechless, literally shaking
>he turns to me and gives me the most evil of smiles
>he was stare raping me
>everyone was looking at me, expecting my reaction
>too shocked to do anything so I walk away from the crowd

I am in tears and literally shaking. I hope none of you ever have to go through what I did.
>>
>>32865777
>>32865806
This desu.

>>32865621
Op if its a PTSD you would feel it more. I've helped about 3 people in different crash scenarios and just because someone dies and you dont feel like you could have done anything is just a natural reaction. You had to see someone who soon died, and so what?

A PTSD from this would be something like being unable to drive from fear of this happening to you or freaking out when you see a motorcycle because all you can think of was the dead guy with crushed jaw or whatever.

Grow up.
>>
>>32867663
hahahhha

Nice youtube drama meme m8
>>
>>32865621
dude that's really fucked up. I honestly wish I could help in some way
>>
>>32865962
Jesus. Hang in there anon.
>>
>>32865962
holy shit bro thats fucked
>>32865777
war isn't the only thing you can get PTSD from. Civillians aren't used to death, so somthing like that could have quite possibly been the biggest sense of dread OP has ever experienced. Problems shouldn't be ignored because they aren't as severe as one might think they should be.
>>
>>32865621

>20
>Was working for my bother's girlfriend's mom.
>Her mom was hoarder and I was helping clean the house.
>They have over 30 cats
>She talks about kittens that are missing that crawled under this old church pew they had in the basement
>Clean, clean,clean
>Finally get under the pew
>4 liquid, rotting fucking kitten with ribs exposed
>Smoke more free weed.
>Me and my brother scoop them off the ground with shovels and bury them in back yard in mass kitten grave
>Ended up getting more free weed, 500$ and a 60's russian officer's unifrom. (Its random I know)
>>
File: FB_IMG_1485837468050.jpg (28KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1485837468050.jpg
28KB, 480x480px
>be 7 go fishing with dad at a friends pond
>get hungry his gf takes me to get burgers
>little kid runs in the middle of the road and we hit him going 50mph
>dead

>be 9 grandma gets frantic call from mom blah blah suicide
>rush over there no idea why I had to go or what was going on
>locked herself in room bust door open
>about 14 cuts down both arms bleeding everywhere
>didn't die

>be 11-12 come home to grandma in coma multiple times and have to call 911
>be 11 aswell over at grandma's friends sick home from school
>be best bros with 3 brothers. The youngest is 7
>7 year old sick for about a week, friends mom getting him ready for the doctor
>pancreas burst
>dead

>14-19 live in shitty ghetto area I am white nigger but educated
>lose 4 close friends two to suicide, two to shootings
>was standing right next to friend when bullets started hitting building and then him

Can't sleep without extremely vivid nightmares of me dying. Only sleep 3 hours a day to avoid nightmares. Have a nightmare every time I sleep.

Tell me more about how bad your ptsd is from your one occurrences pussies.
>>
>>32867681
This guy gets it. PTSD isn't just "I feel slightly uncomfortable when I think about something bad that happened".
>>
>>32867877
It's sleeping with your back against the wall and waking up shot full of adrenaline several times a night if you manage to sleep at all. It's always sitting with your back to the wall and your eyes on the exit when you go out to eat. It's covering your gf's legs with bruises from flailing around in your sleep after you quit smoking weed. It fucking blows.
>>
>>32867902
Isn't it standard practice to sit with your back to the wall and eyes on exit after scanning the people in the restaurant for potential threats?
>>
>>32867686
What is the reference here?
>>
File: Chris-Pratt-e1422428534712.jpg (472KB, 1689x950px) Image search: [Google]
Chris-Pratt-e1422428534712.jpg
472KB, 1689x950px
>>32867437
>>32867681
>>32867723

I never meant to downplay people who can get PTSD from situations other than war. It's just my experience, and I've also seen a lot of dead children.

If it helps, I could never be an EMT or first responder. I hate the sight of blood. I could kill a man with a shot from 100 yards out, but I hate the sight of wounds. I dread when they take blood from me at the hospital.

Also why did they take 3 vials of blood when I was in the Marines? I swear to fucking god they sent 1 of those shits to Area 51 to clone me or something.
>>
>>32868875
Yeah, they did, but not as a super Soldier, but as training fodder for the genetically enhanced super soilder.
>>
>>32868902
>Soldier

Nice attempt. Check your spelling before you try to mock people's intelligence. I'm hungover and beating you at your own game.
>>
>>32867858
>look at me i had so much happen to me im so much worse than anyone else

fuck off faggot
>>
>>32868851
idubbbz being his usual genius self and making people play into making themselves look bad while bringing in a ton of publicity for himself without putting in any effort
>>
Don't drive motorcycles
Most drivers would rather hit them than avoid them in a accident
>>
>He had a full face helmet and all his front teeth were smashed out
>Full face helmet
>Teeth still smashed out

Shit, was he going 100+mph into oncoming traffic? Thats brutal.
>>
>>32869027
>Most drivers would rather hit them than avoid them in a accident

Not sure about that, anon. I've seen drivers put their car into ditches to avoids racoons/rabbits/deer. I don't think they would react to motorcycles any differently.
>>
Haven't thought of this in awhile, I want to get it off my chest

>Grown up in the outskirts of Lowell by the Merrimack River
>Only white kid in the apartment complexes I used to live
>Used to be friends with some decent black and Hispanic kids when I was 7
>We would play Star Wars Battlefront and play in the Walmart parking lot after school
>Me and my mum move out but come back 3 years later
>Excited to see my old friends again
>I see them sitting on a curb, sitting and talking
>They recognize me immediately
>They invite me to follow them, which I happily agree to
>We go to some nearby apartment parking lot
>They say we are waiting for something
>I start to get nervous as one of them grabs a empty liquor bottle from the floor
>Some Asian lady and her toddler walk out the building
>The one with the bottle says to us
>"Yo, check this out!"
>He fucking pegs the bottle at the women and her kid
>They take off immediately but I stay, shocked
>The woman's face was so hurt, angry, and confused
>I must have said "I'm sorry." Or something
>Walk back home by myself
>I saw them time to time but neither party would talk to each other
>Thankful my mom meet some nice guy and we left that shit hole

I can still remember that woman's face
>>
>>32865776
Doesn't sound like OP moved him holding him in c spine is just holding their head still so they don't fuck themselves
>>
I don't what kind of a faggot I am, I didn't even deploy and was just a pog MP.

>but the hyper awareness remained
>Can't stop myself from consistently checking my surroundings when out and about
>always know who is where on the street and never drop my guard even if I want to.
>cars go past, always glance to see who is behind the wheel and how many people are in the car
>palms are sweaty
>knees are weak
>moms spaghetti
>>
>>32865621
Prior Ambulance crew member here.

Put it away and forget it. You don't have ptsd, you just saw what lies on the far side of humanity that most people don't get to witness. What you saw is human to see, just know you did what you could.

Alcohol helps too.
>>
>>32870269
after spotting someone the first thing I glance at after their face ass and tits is what they are doing with their hands and if they are printing.
>>
>>32869070
You underestimate the contempt a lot of people seem to have for motorcyclists. There are people who deliberately try to run motorcyclists off the road, for God knows what reasons.
>>
>>32868611
It isn't to start having an anxiety attack when it isn't an option.
>>
>>32871758
>>32871758
>for God knows what reasons.
Don't act like you don't deserve it.
>>
>>32865621
You did what you could. You eased his suffering a bit and gave him company, thats more than he would've gotten without you stopping.
>>
>>32872085
>Two weeks ago
>Stopped at a red light
>typical day, driving my car on my way home
>two motorcyclists pull up on both sides about 20 seconds after
>can see that they have brand new bikes by the lack of plates
>one of them flips me off at the light
>wtf.jpg
>he then turns to the other one and says something I can't hear
>both of them are just flipping me off for the duration of the light
>first guy pulls out some paper trash and throws it on my car hood
>light turns green
>they maintain a constant speed just ahead of me, and keep on flipping me off and laughing
>this goes on for maybe 30 seconds? (a few blocks on the road)
>second guy then does a wheelie and takes off, first guy follows him

god i wanted to run them over so fucking bad, i never hated motorcyclists until that point but i seriously hate them so bad now
>>
>>32867778
hoarders have the best stuff. i was helping my mom's fried clean out his dads house. i got a Mossberg 500 (missing all the internal parts), a taxidermy deer head, 2 pairs of really expensive binoculars, a case of 12 gauge high velocity waterfowl hunting shells, 2 boxes of .30-06 AP M2 ball, a small boat, and lots more cool shit
>>
>Be EMT
>3 am
>Tone drops
>Go to piss
>Hop in the ambulance and pound a 5 hour energy
>Motorcycle and 2 vehicle MVA
>Arrive on scene
>Just getting out of the ambulance i hear a woman screaming
>One car overturned, on fire, the firefighters are spraying it with water
>The other was a minivan T-boned
>2 year old child not buckled in
>Tfw you see the broken limp corpse mangled on the side of the road, cast aside like an old ragdoll
>>
>>32872268
>that spiderweb tat
>>
>>32872085
>>32872204
>being annoyed by a couple of individuals gives you the all-clear to road warrior anyone on two wheels

For the record, I've never been on a motorcycle, and never had a motorcyclist dick with me.
>>
>>32865621
First off, you did what you could, stop beating yourself up over it. It's ok.

It's normal, after something like this, to second-guess what you could've done differently. You have to understand sometimes you can do everything right and it doesn't make a damn difference. It sounds to me as if you did what you could, and your first-aid kit wouldn't have made a difference.

What you're feeling is more like 'survivor's guilt,' not PTSD. Go exercise, play vidya, do something to get your mind off of it. Current studies are leaning away from CISD (Critical Incident Stress Debriefing - where immediately after you get pulled into a group meeting to run through it, with colleagues and maybe a mental health pro if you're lucky.) Current thinking is that it's okay to push it out of your mind for a bit, and if you need to revisit it later to work through it, so be it. I recommend you just keep busy for now. If you absolutely *need* to revisit this, I recommend finding a First Responder (who isn't busy at the moment) and talking to them. Regular mental health people you can find in the phone book don't always 'get it.' Whereas a first Responder (or they might refer you to a Police or Fire chaplain or counselor) will get it.
>>
>>32872204
>be driving to a friend's birthday party out in the sticks
>directions were kind of vague, don't have GPS, sun is setting
>see the mailbox I'm looking for
>brake suddenly so I don't overshoot it and have to find somewhere to turn around on a narrow country road
>hear honking from behind me
>first thing anyone said to me at the party was "you almost wasted that biker"
>apparently there was somebody in a motorcycle tailgating me at like 40 miles an hour

TL;DR almost killed a guy but he deserved it for being a faggot
>>
>>32872268
Ah, that artist. I like the subject of the paintings, trying to get all that across to the normies, but something about the textures and the lighting always make it so Uncanny Valley for me~

...I hope you're not dealing with that call too badly. Stay strong, bruh.
>>
>>32865777
Pretty much. Layperson doesn't differentiate between actual PTSD and the way your mind temporarily works to handle abnormal events.

One of my first partners on the truck was a fellow vet with actual PTSD. Sitting around at the station after a bad call and just kind of brooding, talking out what just happened or just chatting about it over a beer a week later, is nothing compared to suddenly getting glossy eyed, starring at the floor and shaking because even though he knows he's not in Fallujah his mind is fully convinced that he is. He was a Forward Observer, so you know it's bad when he starts mumbling numbers along with it all.

One thing to learn is that what effects you the most is almost entirely subjective. I know guys who's worst calls of their entire career was just a 3 year old having seizures because all they could see was their own kid, not someone else's. And these are guys who ran on plane crashes where we had to sift through wreckage to find body parts, or transport a bunch of dead teenagers after a bad wreck, or run on old ladies and young girls who got flattened by a drunk driver.Hell, I've ran on severe child abuse cases, a suicide-murder where the mom hung her 3 kids then killed herself yet the 8 month managed to live. Carrying that kid out of there definitely wasn't fun. And yet my worst call was a young veteran pleading with us, with tears in his eyes, to just let him kill himself because he was so tired of everything and felt like no one cared for him because his family was so anti-military that they disowned him, and his baby mommy convinced a judge that because he was a veteran that he's a danger to her and their child so he only gets to see his kid a few times a month to the point that she doesn't even recognize him much. There's nothing bloody about it, it's just for me personally as a veteran that really strikes close to home.

Now is OP a little bitch for being affected by the event? No, but it sure as shit isn't PTSD.
>>
>>32872512
Pretty sure that was a photo at one point before it got shooped.
>>
>>32870283

I look for these things regardless of gender or age...

I thought I was the only one
>>
>>32865621
Not PTSD, but a funny story

>at the time I had a brand new honda civic Si, a lot of people had been fucking with me about it
>revving their engines at me at stoplights
>cutting me off
>brake checking me, just being dicks
>I'm in texas so I'm guessing a lot of it was because of some dude in a lifted chevy or something similar wanting to punk a "ricer" (my car was stock)
>anyways, on my way back from job site to the office, car full of expensive tools I'm liable for
>job site was in a very poor and rural part of town known for meth and cartel activity
>On 2 lane road
>PIECE OF SHIT honda civic comes up behind me
>Lays on his horn, flashes brights, all that (already going 5 over)
>hops in the oncoming lane and cuts me off
>ok, fuck this guy. idk what his problem is but whatever
>turn off onto another road, I can see him a block or 2 ahead
>he slows down to let me catch up, then brake checks me again
>I can see it's some scrawny meth-monster dude with long pink hair
>I guess he was mad I had a nicer version of the car he had? I honestly have no fucking clue and it still baffles me why he was so hostile
>so now I'm fucking pissed off and feeling the road rage
>I figure I can time it right to fly past him, brake check his punk ass and immediately get onto the ramp that corkscrews up to the highway before he has a chance to react
>do exactly that, fly past him doing 90 and cut him off
>he's now even more pissed and tries to catch up to me, but his car is such a pile it's futile
>he's accelerating while looking at me, trying to catch up
>doesn't notice traffic is at a standstill in front of him
>he crashes into the back of a ram pickup doing probably about 50-60
>>
>>32872661

>at this point I'm already on the entrance ramp, and I can see from the exit ramp there's a cop right there, lighting him up
>hahahaha faggot, shouldn't have fucked with someone minding their own god damned business
>get back to office, don't tell my boss
>later hear there was a fatality on that section of road

whoops

Pretty sure it's my fault
>>
File: nigger question.jpg (25KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
nigger question.jpg
25KB, 256x256px
Retarded question:
I can get PTSD for playing videogames like INSURGENCY or Shellshock nam 67?
>>
>>32872728
only if it's an HDTV
>>
File: 3800.jpg (66KB, 896x407px) Image search: [Google]
3800.jpg
66KB, 896x407px
>>32872661
Similar story, anon
>have a really cool as shit neighbor who we bonded over our hatred of things
>we'd just hang out in one of our backyards with some friends and drink beer etc.
>really get to know each other, both had rough early adulthood years as we both tackled shit head on and were too stubborn to ask for help etc.
>he was really into cars
>about a year into our friendship he says he wants to show me something
>go to his garage, that I've never seen and it's a 1970 Oldsmobile 442 that he's been restoring
>tells me he needs to take it out for a drive and says might as well take it out with his closest friend
>says he'll let me drive
>get out to the loop around the city and we're just rockin out laughing at all the jackasses trying to bait us into racing with their ricers and shitty trucks
>taking it easy
>watch some dude in a giant Dodge get pulled over because he kept stomping on the gas
>exit to turn around and go back
>some dude in a Chrysler Crossfire starts trying to mess with us
>He's in the outer lane and waits for us at the stop sign
>when we start to turn he guns it, cuts us off, brake checks us
>casually move to pass him to get on entrance ramp
>he cuts us off again and tries to take on ramp at high speed
>it's a circular on ramp
>watch as he spins out and almost slams into a County Sheriff Tahoe and gets pulled over
>his face matched perfectly with pic related
>>
>>32866147
You should write an article about that experience.
>>
>>32872677
Hopefully it was the methhead faggot.
>>
>>32872788
It's so nice when someone like that gets their comeuppance. Idk what that dude had against me. I'm an extremely polite driver, never been in a wreck or been issued a ticket
>>
>>32872847
Oh most definitely.

Imagine a small 90's honda civic crashing into a newer dodge ram. Im sure his head was right at tailgate level lol
>>
>>32872860
GG anon, you've done the public a service by removing a degenerate.
>>
>>32865621
>be innairaq 2014
>bad thing happens due to some info we gave
>dont want to get into details
>sometimes look at wiki article on it wondering if we couldve done something different
I know that we couldnt of done much /k/ but it eats at me when i feel down that maybe I couldve saw something more and stopped what happened. I dont want to go into details, but still just wanted to get it off my chest.

TL;dr Something bad happened, think about it alot.
>>
>>32867858
ur life sucks lmao

>making out with my girlfriend
>she sits on my lap aggressively
>i fart

i still get nightmares to this day
Thread posts: 66
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.