[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

1911s

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: Springfield_Armory_M1911A1.jpg (20KB, 455x271px) Image search: [Google]
Springfield_Armory_M1911A1.jpg
20KB, 455x271px
Why should I invest money into one / avoid doing so?
>>
>>32862652
So you can be a fudd and talk down to people at your local gun store like you know anything about anything.
>>
>>32862652
I love my Tisas
>>
>>32862951
My point being, you don't really have to invest a lot of money to get a feel for the platform.
>>
Same reason you buy a Garand. it's a very cool piece of industrial design history and it will go bang almost every time you pull the trigger.

get a Bersa .380 and a Savage .308 for actual self defense and hunting tho
>>
>>32862652

Ask yourself if you like 1911s

If you do like 1911s, evaluate what you can afford and buy one within your budget

If you don't like 1911s, don't buy one

>also questioning your wording, if you mean "invest" literally guns aren't really an investment. They don't lose much value, but rarely do they gain any, and if they do it usually isn't much, at least that you would be alive long enough to appreciate
>>
Because it's a gun, and you like guns.

You DO like guns, right?
>>
>>32863066
I consider any purchase I make to be an investment, whether I'm getting money, enjoyment or something else out of it.
>>
>>32863066
>>32863413
This exactly, the term "invest" is used in such a blanket way. "You should invest in a new toaster"
>>
>>32862652
The 1911 was designed for one purpose: shooting people. Do you want to shoot someone? If so, then I suggest you buy one.
>>
Are there any 1911's for $500? It seems the starting rate is $750, and since I'm not in love with the platform I have a hard time convincing myself to spend that much in one
>>
>>32864949
if you go for rock island then it;s under 500. it's made in Philippine but as a 1911 it performs as it should
>>
>>32864982
Is it gonna blow up in my hand?
>>
File: czFi7lr.jpg (738KB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
czFi7lr.jpg
738KB, 3264x2448px
>>32862951
this. It's a 350$ GI 1911 that I can beat on and upgrade until it's perfect. I just dropped in a new hammer and grip safety, and they feel absolutely perfect. It's just a really nice 45 platform.

Also, just made that front sight from JB weld and some sanding. bubba as fuck, and I don't care. it's fucking great.
>>
>>32865001
no. from what i heard some parts make it a little harder to clean, but that's what you get for cheaper guns. It shoots fine and some range have it as their 1911 since they are cheap so you know they would hold up at least. check out their GI model which was modeled after WW2 model and they look nice
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.