[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone know what kind of degree you need to become part

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: Sugar my tits.png (477KB, 2400x905px) Image search: [Google]
Sugar my tits.png
477KB, 2400x905px
Does anyone know what kind of degree you need to become part of a bomb dismissal team?
>>
>Males and females are eligible to apply to become enlisted Navy EOD Technicians. No college degree is required, but a high degree of difficulty and satisfaction is standard. Training is tough and ongoing. You can apply for the Navy Challenge contract for EOD Technicians at any time during your first enlistment.
>>
>>32862070

lol degree, get out of here kid

if you got to ask that shit it ain't for you
>>
>degree
Gotta love the millennial liberal's fascination with higher education as a means of accreditation rather than a means of - oh I don't know... education.
>>
>>32862070

LOL, a degree never hurts but you will be resented by most techs because enlisted doesn't need a degree. If you want to be an EOD officer then any degree is ok. But within the realm of bomb disposal electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, chemistry are very helpful.
>>
>>32863667
It's literally just a piece of paper to qualify for job interviews these days. Everyone just memorized questions and answers. They come out dumb as rocks. I teach a post graduate course and let me tell you, education is a failure. Simple concepts boggle their mind, there is almost a total lack of logic, reasoning and higher order thinking skills. They even fail at simple math. Such as addition and subtraction of double digit numbers. I have college graduates who 9/10 times cannot explain to me the concept of hydrolics for leverage. Had one just the other day when asked described it to me as "You force liquid down a tube that gets smaller and smaller then you get more pressure at the other end." Like seriously niqqa, that's the best you can do after completing a four year degree? That's not only factually incorrect as the pressure of a liquid is constant throughout said liquid but conceptually it is the opposite of how hyrolics provide leverage to do work.

Oh but they can tell you all about micro aggressions and various genders. They can explain in depth how whites be racist no sheeit. They know all about how Hitler personally gassed to death over six trillion Jews.
>>
>>32862070
Enlist and do EOD. Navy has the best program but the Army and Marines also have good programs. You want a degree? Go Officer and do that shit but you won't be the one doing the fun stuff.

It's going to be hard to find an EOD job in or out of the military because there is a glut of people who did that in the sand box for years.
>>
>Went to Community College
>Got General Tech Studies degree with specialization in Electrical Engineering (basically the same as a two-year Electrical Engineering degree, but I overclocked my credit hours and had to change my course of study on paper to still get financial aid)
>Working in a completely different field than my degree
>Always toyed with the idea of going into EOD, but I don't particularly want to join the military or get blown up, and I enjoy my cushy mundane civilian life
>Sometimes wish I had gone into EOD

Feels neutral, man
>>
>>32863869
This only applies to liberal arts majors. And it's hydraulics, not whatever the fuck you posted
>>
File: 1486077299258.png (35KB, 805x556px) Image search: [Google]
1486077299258.png
35KB, 805x556px
>>32862070
This is all you need to know.
>>
>>32862070
I don't know, i never finished college. And I suffered a lot of head injuries growing up. Also some lost some brain cells from other stuff, but I made it through.
>>
>>32862070
after I took the asvab they said I could go into EOD if i did some interview with a EOD sergeant and passed some secret clearance and I only had a high school diploma
>>
File: What EOD thinks of k.gif (3MB, 360x188px) Image search: [Google]
What EOD thinks of k.gif
3MB, 360x188px
>>32862070
EODfag
If you want to actually do EOD, you go in as an OR and won't need a degree just a good highschool result in maths and science.
If you go the degree/officer route, you might command a platoon for 3-4 years tops but won't be doing the handson just the paperwork then you'll promote up and out.
>most postAfghan/Iraq armies are scaling back their current EOD numbers so recruiting is low.
Check your different services for recruiting.
>>
>>32862070
Start with learning how to spell disposal.
>>
>>32862070
Depends on reuseability
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.