[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Oxygen-reacting toxic gas ?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (30KB, 250x200px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
30KB, 250x200px
Ok, I found this today :

In 1995 in France, Normady, about 15 guys died in an old bunker near Rouen. The whole case is shaddy.

At first, kids went in to play and died.
Then the fathers with a volonteer firefighter went in and died too. They did not had masks or respirators.

Then 3 firefighters and a SAMU medic went it without masks or respirators and died there. Only one got out, but he was in a coma and died 3 days later.

Then the firefighters tried to ventilate the whole bunker and cave. A second team went it and they got out with the corpses. Among the team was 1 guy that fell into a coma too but got treated with oxygen and woke up.

The second team survivor got treated for carbon monoxid intoxication and lived. His medical record got "lost". The medic said at first that it was some toxic gas. The next day he said it as carbon monoxid.

On the first team, one was found comatose by the second team. They treated him for carbon monoxid intoxication too.
But the more they oxigenated him, the less stable his condition was.

Oh yeah, and the army was there, cordoning everything.

So my question is :
Is there a gas that was engineered to react to oxygen and thus increase his lethality when the victim is being treated ?
And did that gas exist by 1995 ?

And if you want to have fun, you just have to search for the Monterolier cave and bunker incident. It's in french obviously, but I did a little summary of what happened.
I'll had more infos later on, I'm searching as well
>>
>>32859874
https://www.statter911.com/2017/01/16/florida-firefighter-critical-trying-to-save-3-men-who-died-in-manhole/

Protip there are any number of toxic gasses that can build up in enclosed underground environments. Few of them more sinister than fumes from our own poo in the loo.

TLDR it's nothing
>>
File: WP_20170124_13_51_54_Pro.jpg (3MB, 5344x3008px) Image search: [Google]
WP_20170124_13_51_54_Pro.jpg
3MB, 5344x3008px
>>32859874
neat thread op, I'll bump it

pic sort of related
>>
Little more details I found.

In the first team of firefighters, none came out alive.
One of them was found in a deep coma the day after.
He was oxygenated to treat him of carbon monoxyd and died because of that (or despite that, as you wish).

In the second team of firefighters, which was equipped with autonomous respirators, only one went into a coma because he took off his mask.

They treated him for cyanide and saved him.

Now the fun part :
When they learned that the second team went missing, they had to wait for the following morning to try to save them.
Why ? Well the army was there cordonning everything and nobody could enter the zone.

Oh and the "prefet" of Rouen officially stated it was CO intoxication BEFORE the analysis were even done.

The Monterolier complex is about 200m deep and was composed of 3 branches. One vertical, 2 in half-circles. Like an umbrella.
>>
>>32860327
There was dissenssion between volunteers and officers in the barracks of the firefighters.
The volunteers were saying that if they went there faster they could have saved them.

One of the "faction" most vocal supporter was arrested because he was suspected of being the author of graffitis and tracts but was relaxed because they lack proofs.
What's not said is that most of the guys complaining were sent to barracks in bumfuck nowhere and nobody heard from them since.

Oh and last piece until I find more :
Geological analysis of the site showed there was a "geological anomaly" on top of the complex.
The "caves" were cleaned post-war but it was not said where the wastes went.
The ground near the complex and on top of it made the metal detector react.
>>
>>32859874
There's an entire section in OSHA on how to not get killed by nasty shit that builds up underground and in small spaces. You should never go into a confined space without at least some kind of oxygen meter, preferably a self-contained oxygen mask.
>>
There are lots of highly toxic shit that builds up, same reason you need to ventilate your house to get rid of shit that seeps up from the ground

Could have been some old WW1-2 munitions sitting around too
>>
>>32861139
So old shells could let out some toxic gas by degrading ?
>>
File: jack krauser.jpg (638KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
jack krauser.jpg
638KB, 1920x1080px
>>32860327

> one vertical, 2 in half-circles, like an umbrella

Goddamn Umbrella Corporation
>>
>>32861192

Not an expert but there is a good chance of that.

Most propellants more powerful than gunpowder are at the very least toxic and can range up to 'you will die even with prompt medical attention' levels of toxicity under the wrong circumstances. Degrading in a sealed environment, possibly alongside other sources of toxic fumes, would certainly be conducive conditions for creating an unbreathable atmosphere.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.