[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Califag AK

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 5

File: 123170-004-E7FBD22B.jpg (14KB, 407x450px) Image search: [Google]
123170-004-E7FBD22B.jpg
14KB, 407x450px
I'm sure this has been asked before but I'm a funs n00b so please forgive me.

I'm an 18 year old living in California, and all I want is to own an AK. I have a .22 for plinking, I know how to handle guns, I'm familiar with gun safety, etc.

I know I'm in one of the worst states for gun ownership. Once I get my B. S. I'll hopefully get the fuck out of here. In the meantime, however, can I buy an AK? I know I can't ((((legally)))) own the 30 round magazine, but other aspects (like the pistol grip, bullet button) had me confused as hell. Nothing online or in the sticky helped.

Also,
>inb4 buy an AR

I've shot them, I get the love for them. But I want an AK.

Thanks /k/omrades
>>
>>32858209
>getting a non neutered AK in California
You'd have better luck winning the lottery 5 times in a row.
>>
>>32858225
What does 'neutered' mean?
>>
>>32858236
It's not going to have a pistol grip. Its going to have a faggy ass stock or anti child killer grip. Hell, I don't even know if you can get a legit AK in Cali, they're probably banned by name. So a neutered Saiga is what you can get which is a neutered neutered AK.
>>
>>32858236
Bullet button, mag limits, no pistol grip....
Anything that makes the gun legal in Cali.
>>
>>32858209
Move.
>>
>>32858245
>>32858248
So if the gun isn't going to be worth buying, what options do I have?
>>
>>32858254
Pretty much this
>>32858251
>>
File: kommifornia.jpg (7KB, 286x100px) Image search: [Google]
kommifornia.jpg
7KB, 286x100px
>>32858236

http://www.calguns.net/caawid/flowchart.pdf

bullet buttons are now illegal. ignore the part about bullet buttons making a gun not an AW.
>>
>>32858209
AK's are now basically impossible to get in California. they banned the magazine lock and american AK makers don't really make the rifle stock version like Saiga did so you're shit out of luck son
>>
>>32858254
SKS holds 10rds of 7.62x39mm and has it's fixed magazine loaded with stripperclips.

The Ruger Mini-30 is basically an M14 scaled down for intermediate calibers, make sure to get a Wolff hammerspring if you want to shoot cheap-ass steelcase. Since it has a 'normal' stock it can have detachable mags.

The Czech Vz58 is a gun that looks vaguely AK-ish but has zero in common mechanically, it's a bit lighter, arguably more accurate (if you take off the slant-cut muzzlebrake).
It can be had with 10rd detachable mags and a fag-grip, or you can have it with a pistol grip and the mag fixed to the gun, you see, the Vz58 can have it's magazines loaded from the breech by the use of SKS stripper clips, as well as loose rounds indivually.
>>
https://www.atlanticfirearms.com/california-legal.html
>>
>>32858251
Like I said, leaving ASAP. Hoping to move to Arizona or Texas.

>>32858309
Thanks. One question, how is a mag not detachable? Isn't that the whole point of a magazine?
>>
>>32858209
And if this is the only """AK""" I can get in Commiefornia then I can wait. Jesus fuck I hate this state.
>>
>>32858209
Since everyone else replying is either retarded or uninformed, you CAN still get an AK in California. You will need to either get it with a magazine lock, or get it featureless. I would check out Atlantic firearms, I believe you can order featureless AKs from them.
>>
>>32858440
Like I said above

I don't want to own a fucked up faggy AK. If that's all that's available then I'll wait it out for like 2 years.
>>
>>32858384
All a mag does is hold rounds, whether it comes off or not isn't relevant
>>
File: akbar.jpg (74KB, 912x540px) Image search: [Google]
akbar.jpg
74KB, 912x540px
let me tell you how i got mine, socal here

altantic firearms, npap was like 650 ish
$45 for lock (rip off)
$30 shipping
$30 ffl trasnfer
$25 background check

taxes and other shit ended up being around $800-$850

this was back last year before the election during fall. decided to buy it in case everything went to shit.
pic is for lols, i do have the stock and everything
>>
>>32858508
Then how do you load the gun? I'm fuckin confused m8
>>
File: red ak.jpg (32KB, 539x960px) Image search: [Google]
red ak.jpg
32KB, 539x960px
>>32858535
how it is now

REMOVE KEBAB

op if you have any questions, ask me mate, not a lot of people outside cali know how it is
>>
>>32858440
This. Atlantic is your friend.

>>32858489
A featureless Vepr is still an AK beneath all the (((california-required modifications))), don't punish it for the transgressions of your traitorous (((politicians))).

Buy one, have fun with it now, and when you move away you can always order the parts to restore it to the condition that god himself intended it to be.
>>
>>32858571
Is the pistol grip completely banned?

>>32858579
The mag locks, ugly ass replacement grips, those all come off the gun if I want them too?
>>
File: 1__86268.1482947850.1000.1000.jpg (81KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1__86268.1482947850.1000.1000.jpg
81KB, 1000x1000px
>>32858612
yes. now you need this as a stock even for AR
>>
>>32858663
OK. But you're saying that even I, with limited knowledge of anything gun, could take this off and replace it with a normal stock somewhat easily.
>>
>>32858612

i think the law is if you already own one with bullet button you have til 2018, if you want to buy a new one, it has to be featureless, so in your case you can not buy a new one with bullet button

a method you could do is buy a featurelss one, then just convert it to normal one with bullet button but that will only last until 2018.
after that, idk whats going to happen

honestly fuck the laws, they can suck it, fucking hippies
>>
>>32858663
>And they said that the Ares Defense SCR was the most a e s t h e t i c that a cucked gun could get.

Hot damn does the CQR stock make my dick diamonds.
>>
Also, I mean, I definitely wouldn't do this, EVER, trust me... but what about converting a CA legal back to a normal rifle while still living in CA?
>>
>>32858538
in guns with a fixed magazine like an SKS ammo is fed from the top of the gun, through an open bolt.

This also applies to guns like bolt actions that have detachable magazines, since you can just pull the bolt back and insert ammo into the magazine without removing it
>>
>>32858750
just don't tell anybody :^)
>>
>>32858768
Thanks anon
>>
>drive across the border of California
>buy a regular old AK
>drive back into California

This board asks like the ATF is hiding behind every cactus or something.
>>
>>32858801
I know that's not true, see question here >>32858750
I mean, I honestly could.
>>
>>32858801
Does the ATF even enforce state-level gun laws?
>>
>>32858808
>>32858808
I think it's just that if you *did* get caught you'd be fucked over nothing, so maybe it isn't worth doing jail time because you wanted to own an AK. It's not like you need it, after all.

That being said you could very well have a tank in your garage and no one ever find out about it.
>>
>>32858860
Jail time is a possibility? Fuuuck...

I'll mull this over. As it is I don't think I'd want to buy a CA legal one. Hard to even call them AKs.
>>
>>32858876
Just finish your degree an wait until you move out of Cali. It's not like you're going to regret missing out on "Those two years I didn't have an AK sitting in my closet"
>>
>ak in Cali

You're better off getting an SKS, Rasheed Carbine or a VZ 52 in 7.62x39.
>>
>>32858893
I know, GAS just hit me hard as fuck yesterday and this morning. If I wait until I finish my degree I'll have more money to spend on it too.
>>
>>32858876
If you are planning to move, just buy an original SKS for now. It is quite possibly the best (legal) rifle you can get in CA without conforming to bullshit

I'm in the same boat buddy. I don't plan to move in the foreseeable future though
>>
>>32858916
It's not just that I want to buy a rifle. I have my little tube loaded .22lr for range and plinking shit. I don't hunt. I just want an AK. And that probably sounds retarded but it's true
>>
>>32858969
Bubba your SKS until it's 95% of an AK. Problem solved.
>>
>>32858579
>order the parts to restore it to the condition that god himself intended it to be.
Most of the wraps are just one screw you need to take out.
N-Not that I ever would without first moving out of the state of California.
>>
>>32858681
yes. as long as the grip you have is not pistol grip those dirty politician don't think you are a danger
>>
>>32858489
Dude, just get the faggot AK and remove the bullshit and don't tell anyone. Only comply when in public.
>>
>>32858309

>make sure to get a Wolff hammerspring if you want to shoot cheap-ass steelcase

This is a myth. I have a 583 Mini 30 and I feed it nothing but Tula and have never had malfunction. The only thing a more powerful spring will do is break your firing pin. All the complaints about Minis are only with the old ones. Ruger fixed all that shit.
>>
Just buy a shotgun its cheaper too.
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.