[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Redpill me on the Panzer 4 Ausf H

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3

This is one of my favourite tanks aesthetics-wise of WW2, but how did it fair in combat? Would it BTFO T-34's and Shermans? I sure hope it did. Its my tank-fu

Also German Armour thread.
>>
PzKpfw IV 103,462 Reichsmark[
PzKpfw V 117,100 Reichmarks

Panzer 4 was good but the Panther tank was a better investment.
Tigers were too expensive.
>>
AFAIK (I'm not an expert, so tak what I write as you will) the crews hated the sideskirts due to their fragile attachment points. While the gun was good, the armor was behind par by the end of the war. This was the result of a series of increases in thickness that led to the engine being overburdened by the end of the PzIV's production cycle. By far the best feature it had was its magnificent sighting system (both periscopes and gun sights), giving it a superb situational awareness and a good edge on long distance shooting when compared to the T34.

Compared to a Sherman, I don't know enough about the differences between Ausf. A-H to tell you, but it had the advatage of a much lower silhouette (with a much less broad front glacis, even though that helped crew survivability in the M4) and the disadvantage of lacking a stabilised gun.

There is no objective best or worst when it comes to tonks. Just enjoy your tankfu.
>>
File: T34_hist.jpg (93KB, 1002x684px) Image search: [Google]
T34_hist.jpg
93KB, 1002x684px
>>32857425
Anything with Schürzen is very aesthetically pleasing. The Panzer IV probably rocked it the best.

I liked that caged shit they did around the T-34's though.
>>
>>32857511
Did it work though? Slapping a fence around your tank doesn't seem effective.
>>
File: 9485038_orig.jpg (39KB, 718x424px) Image search: [Google]
9485038_orig.jpg
39KB, 718x424px
>>32857462
I wonder if those few Panther Fs they built in the last moments of the war saw some combat
>t. war thunder pro.
>>
>>32859419
>Slapping a fence around your tank doesn't seem effective.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slat_armor

>Slat armor, also known as bar armor, cage armor and standoff armor, is a type of vehicle armor designed to protect against anti-tank rocket-propelled grenade (RPG) attacks. It takes the form of a rigid slatted metal grid fitted around key sections of the vehicle, which disrupts the shaped charge of the warhead by either crushing it, preventing optimal detonation from occurring, or by damaging the fuzing mechanism, preventing detonation outright.

>The German Wehrmacht was the first employer of cage armor during World War II, using Drahtgeflecht-Schürzen (English: "wire mesh skirts") to fortify its tanks against shell fire.[2] It was found to be just as effective as the steel plate schürzen also being utilized. In March 1943, Adolf Hitler ordered all new Sturmgeschütz, Panzer III, IV, and Panthers be outfitted with schürzen of either the wire mesh or steel plate type. However, the wire mesh was not as easy to mass-produce as steel plate schürzen or armored skirts. Soviet Red Army tanks, faced with the new and highly effective German Panzerfaust, were similarly outfitted with "bedspring" armor made from expanded metal mesh grating panels.
>>
>>32859545
I know what slat armor is, what i meant is that is a soviet quality fence enough as slat armor?
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.