[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Cutlass or saber

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: CS-Cutlass-Machete.jpg (65KB, 699x171px) Image search: [Google]
CS-Cutlass-Machete.jpg
65KB, 699x171px
Hey K bros, I have been angerly thinking about buying a cold steel saber or cutlass (or more probably a cutlass machete, because done been broke as donkeys dick in a pagan festival).

Convince me to do so, or NOT to do so, and if not, please provide a different option taking into account how easy it is to find proper use info and praticality while violently engaging hostiles.

Top Zozzle
>>
OP honestly, just do yourself a flavor and pick up a handmade katana. Not some machine made shit your looking at now. Standard blades can't even compete. I'm talking about true blue Damascus Steele Nip shit.
That shit is folded over 6 million times.
You ever folded metal. Yea it's a pain in the ass, but now imagine doing it over and over again for millinia like true Japanese blacksmiths have done. If I ever saw someone with a cutlass coming at me I'd grab my trusty blade and cut there fucking sword in half just to show them what a pussy they are. I got my katana in an auction on eBay for a steele of a deal at $1700. Never again will I be defenseless. I usually carry it with me concealed in my car so it's never too far away. Trust me on this and make the right decision.
>>
some guys on the internet told me CS a shit
>>
>>32853277

Really lacking in funds for something like that at this point...
>>
>>32853277
new copypasta
>>
>>32852983
Pro tip:

If you're close enough to engage them with a sword, they can also cut you. And there are no winners in a blade fight.

Also won't do shit against a gun (or crossbow whatever) under normal circumstances.
>>
>>32854485
>And there are no winners in a blade fight.

I love how it's always said like it's a goddammit tournament. So tired of hearing this shit. Producing a weapon often ends altercations, producing a bigger weapon ends altercations and in some cases the other asshole isn't even armed.
>>
>>32852983
>a cutlass machete
Cold steel cutlass machete is too lightweight.
>>
>>32853620
Kek
>>
File: DSCF0251.jpg (1MB, 2848x2136px) Image search: [Google]
DSCF0251.jpg
1MB, 2848x2136px
>>32852983
Do what I did. Buy it - lick it - than sell it.
Like - I wanted this "ninja sword" for a long time, than I fulfilled my dream, bought it, than I played with it a little, and it's fucking completely impractical, and then I sold it.

Done - your dream is fulfilled with minimal financial damage.
>>
If you want a machete, buy a machete.

If you want a cutlass, buy a cutlass.

Don't encourage CS' business model machetes in a drag. Because their [sword] machetes are not in any way the [sword] they claim to be. They're lying to you, don't reward that.
>>
>>32858142

Good point, anyone got a budget cutlass they know of that they could direct my boner towards?
>>
>>32852983

Cold steel is an AWESOME value for the money, that said, it is kinda shit.

I bought a magnum kukri machete, all of the reviews online are good, and it is made out of pretty good (but not amazing) quality steel.

The pros are that with proper care it will fill its role for a very long time, and it is made of quality steel, and VERY cheap (price-wise I mean).

The cons are that the anti-rust coating appears to be little more than black spray-paint, which flakes off easily, and the blade is extremely dull and very rough. I will be taking it to a knife store later on in the week for a professional sharpening and possibly a polishing and re-coating as well.

tl:dr, they are very affordable fixer-upper blades that perform their task really well.
>>
File: IMG_1427.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1427.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>32852983
I own a Cold Steel Cutlass machete along with the Chines War Sword Machete.... Just buy it, you can get it for like $35. Note they come with horrible edges, you are going to want to sharpen it.

If you are looking for a sword though, it's not a good option. The Condor Cutlass is much more sword like, and at $80 it's still pretty damn cheap at lest for a sword.

pic related is the only picture I could find of mine, I would take a new pic, but it is at my gf's house.
>>
>>32853620
kek yes
>>
>>32858142
It's more machete than sword for sure... But Cold Steel machetes are great (if you are good at sharpening). I have the Cutlass machete and it's really a good machete.

The whole point of a swordchete is to use it for things you would not want to use a real sword for, they can take a lot more abuse that a real sword.

It's worth considering the Condor Swordchetes though, they are much more sword like.
>>
>>32859462
Pretty much my exact thoughts. 1055 is a good machete steel and they do a very good heat treatment. But they come with bad edges and the coating does not look that great, although in the years I used my 24" Latin machete and the few years I've used my Cutlass machete, the coating has functionally held up just fine.

And also, they are starting to actually properly sharpen some of their machetes. Of course it's still not perfect, but their swordchetes do come with a decent edge now.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.