[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm practicing my handgun aiming with a airsoft spring pistol.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_20170201_132836671.jpg (3MB, 2340x4160px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170201_132836671.jpg
3MB, 2340x4160px
I'm practicing my handgun aiming with a airsoft spring pistol. I bought it because it cost as much a single trip to the range, and I can practice a lot of basic stuff before I waste money on real bullets.

I fired 60 plastic BB's today. I shot a 5 cm radius circle from a distance of 6 m.

Almost half of my BB's hit this big hole right above my target.

Should I correct this error aiming lower than my target or improve my trigger control (which I thing is the cause of my error)?

Also, when do I know I'm already taking the most out of the airsoft pistol and should start practicing with real guns?
>>
>>32846292

I think the value of the airsoft pistol really comes in with draw training, target acquisition, changing targets, and trigger control. If you'e got a gas-operated one, that might help with recoil control. BBs are inherently inaccurate, so I wouldn't worry too much about that.

Keep aiming at the center of teh target, because the issue is probably from the gun and bb hop-up instead of from the shooter.
>>
>>32846292
Airsoft aside, practicing with a particular gun is not wholly applicable to another gun. Sure there's general stance, alignment, etc... things. But all guns (as in beyond 'all guns' which are a certain model, I mean each individual gun) have their own little quirks, so even if we both have the same model of gun, and we swap, we're not going to be shooting as well as we would with our own.

Airsoft is ok I guess if you want to practice your stance, or grip, or draw to fire or something. Although If you have a 'real' gun, you're better off practicing with that. Also like mentioned earlier, beyond the very basics, 'shooting skill' is not directly transferable between different guns of the same model. So practice with real guns.
>>
>>32846344
This.
I know ace Glock shooters who can't even get the safety off on an M9.
>>
File: groupfirst.jpg (3MB, 2340x4160px) Image search: [Google]
groupfirst.jpg
3MB, 2340x4160px
>>32846344
I'm a beginnerly shot oonce with a m8. I'm practicing really basic stuff. I only shot 50 shots with a real pistol. This is was my group.

As you can see, I improved a lot with four days shooting my airsoft, and it cost much less to have this progress on the range.

Maybe I'm getting the most out of the gun, I guess. Time to go back to the pistol.
>>
>>32846385
Sorry about the bad first paragraph. My notebook is cliking randomly while I type for some reason. So sometimes a part of a sentence ends up in the middle of another sentence.
>>
>>32846385
If you were a total beginner, then as you can already see yourself; practicing the basics with a different gun like object can be fairly valuable.

And there is absolutely nothing wrong with being a beginner; nobody springs forth from their mother's loins fully grown with perfect marksmanship and zeroed personal firearms.

However, now that you have had the marked improvement which goes along with understanding the basics of stance/grip/aiming etc... (What I would consider basic general shooting skills; as in the types of things which makes someone who has fired or handled a gun before a better shot than someone who has never touched one. I want to reiterate, this is definitely a thing, and there is value to basic weapons training even without live-fire exercises, however that's only going to get you to a certain point) Now you need to start practicing with your own guns. And if you carry; I would strongly recommend practicing with that. It might be 'expensive', but putting a few hundred rounds downrange with your cheap 9mm plinker isn't giving you much practical experience if you carry a .45 when the day comes that you need to pull it out.

Just like airsoft; general shooting skills are always something to practice; so I DO highly recommend getting a plinker chambered in something cheaper if the main reason you don't shoot is the cost. That is still useful experience. but The most valuable training for a particular firearm, is training with IT specifically.
>>
>>32846385
That's pretty terrible, you need better control.

When you pull the trigger, the gun shouldn't move at all. Then, you can work on the rest.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.