[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Help with essay

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: be4ad8119ea047eb88aad0b562919410.jpg (270KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
be4ad8119ea047eb88aad0b562919410.jpg
270KB, 1280x1024px
hey /k/ does anyone have any good arguments or sources against fun control? Thanks komrades
>>
Call them a cuck
>>
>>32841151
FBI crime stats page and some common fucking sense.

We're not here to do your fucking homework for you.
>>
>>32841245

come on man get the pole out of your ass dude
the kid just wants to cuck everyone and prove any gun control shills in his class wrong and piss them off

amirite OP?
>>
>>32841267
I believe in a great uncuckening
>>
>>32841267
That's no substitute for not doing your damn work.

You'll learn more if you do your own research, rather than parroting what people tell you. You'll be able to do a better job presenting and convincing people. When you actually KNOW and BELIEVE the facts you researched.
>>
>>32841634
I do, and i'm not asking for a guide, just any sources you trust. I have been using the FBI data base and CDC but sometimes they are ambiguous.
>>
>>32841151

You can start with what is essentially the natural right to want to fight for your own survival. Fight or flight response, and all that shit.
>>
>>32841151
>SHALL
>>
>>32841777
Thanks
>>
>>32841730
The DoJ also has some statistics as well.

Really though, the FBI and CDC are going to be your only sources. Anything that comes from any of the news agencies will be biased. Anything that comes from any of the pro or anti gun institutions will be biased.

It's insanely simple. You take the data state by state. Look at the states with the highest assaults with a deadly weapon and homicides involving firearms. You break the data down on which states have loose and strict gun laws. Go from there. You can see the trends on what the real cause of homicides involving firearms. Make sure to compare states of similar size and cities of similar sizes. do the math on it all.

Hint, it's not gun laws. It's poverty levels.

Don't forget to mention how crime involving firearms has been on a steady decline since the dawn AND sunset of the national AWB.

There, now go do some fucking thinking and research on your own.
>>
http://www.factcheck.org/2012/12/gun-rhetoric-vs-gun-facts/

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/gun-facts/

http://www.americanfirearms.org/statistics/

The Pro-Gun Guide: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1mBrxjLcuygRlG9Tgdw2CiHtV9g1kgUwZGRnieYBpwSo/edit
>>
>>32841835
Thanks a shit ton, I'll take it from here
>>
>>32841841
>>32841151
Also: a playlist of videos I have been assembling.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLQeY8RFrfPupA7RBkUtfpvRuPbqz_cT7L
>>
File: 1441321068280.jpg (70KB, 885x765px) Image search: [Google]
1441321068280.jpg
70KB, 885x765px
ive done my fair share of these, and came to /k/ for help, so its only fair it I help. this is how I usually go about it
>break down what gun control "actually" is
basically point out ow disorganized it really is, and despite people claiming "nobody is coming for your guns" that has been proposed Numerous times
>call out the hypocrites
celebrities, politicians, How they demand gun control and think they can speak for the every man, when they live in gated mansions, have ARMED guards and they themselves have been known to carry. There are even a few dirty politicians to toss in (see Leeland yee)
>this isnt only a US problem
show recent mass shootings outside of the us. I honesty wish I had done my presentations after the Paris and Germany, but you can find a bunch before these. Also China/Japan have a huge problem with deadly school stabbings sprees. Also look up the hebei tractor rampage. Show this isnt anything new, and its not just us for being a "gun toting" country. Humans are just fucked up some times
>crime stats
building off of the last one compare crime stats per capita in the US and to other countries. This is a double edged sword, because many criminologists argue you cant fairly compare crime states between countries due to different laws and record keeping. Argue some countries are individually not safe havens liberals think but do in fact have crime, but those crimes also cant be compared to other countries
good video for this, though a bit dated
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ooa98FHuaU0

>show personal crime stories
a bit tongue in cheek, but show stories of rapes, robberies, ect especially those on campus and how having something for protection isnt a bad thing. Look up amanda collins Uni of Nevada for example.

Basically the conclusion that I came to is dont try to argue against gun control. Offer a different opinion on why somebody would want a gun or how gun control is some magic fix all, or how the people who push for it are hyporcrties
>>
Copy and paste after me

hay teach, you be talking all this smack about gun control like we need to control our guns, like it's the guns themselves doing all the shooting. Well let me tell you something. It's not the guns that are doing mass shootins. It's NIGGERS! NiGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER!

The End.
>>
>>32841241
/thread
>>
>>32841151
United States Bill of Rights:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Shall not be infringed, in black and white, clear as crystal.
You literally cannot misinterpret this statement. Imposing regulation on firearms infringes on the individuals right to keep and bear arms, which shall not be infringed.
>>
>>32841151
No, you lazy retard. Do your own goddamned research and write a good fucking essay.

t. guy who wrote a good pro-CCW essay and changed his English teacher's opinion on guns because he wrote at college level and did his own work
>>
>>32841151
Reflect about what would be happened if Tutsi tribe they would have had guns to defend itself in 1994 when happened the genocide on Rhuanda.

It would be the same genocide?
Violence just spawn more violence?
What Would Foucault Do?

Also:
You could talk about the monopoly of the "Power" related with the Governments, you know, about how a State want keep to self the right about guns and any kind of weapons. For example Waco:
You can reflect about the reaction of American Government when his authority was broken when a bunch of citzen decides challenge this monopoly related with the guns. That shit was like: "Get the hell out of my lawn Mr.Government, I don't give you a single shit if you are the most powerful shit on the earth, this is my fucking propiety and you are trespassing".

TL;DR:
God made men, Sam Colt made them equal.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.