[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

US Military Bootcamps Ranked

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 9

File: idealmalebody.png (373KB, 540x684px) Image search: [Google]
idealmalebody.png
373KB, 540x684px
how would you rank different american military bootcamps in terms of intensity and difficulty, /k/?
what i've generally heard is:
1. Marines
2. Coast Guard or Army
3. Army or Coast Guard
4. Navy
5. Air Force

your opinion?
pic related: it's the ideal male body of an american soldier.
>>
Air Force goes above Army.

They have stress cards and we don't. Also our MTIs cuss when Quality Assurance isn't looking.
>>
>>32840560
Navy doesn't have stress cards either, and the RDCs cuss no matter what, especially in front of the "Profanity is not quality leadership" posters.
>>
>>32840560

>our di's cuss
>we hardcore

Jesus fuck.
>>
>>32840511
Army depends on a lot.
If it's OSUT it will almost always be harder.
If you are just doing BCT at Jackson it's Air Force shit tier.
>>
>>32840630

>The Joke
>
>
>
>
>
>Your Head
>>
>>32840511
Hardest bootcamp is definitely Air Force. Especially if you're talking about pre-STS indoc. That shit sucks
>>
File: FB_IMG_1485910921327.jpg (41KB, 540x960px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1485910921327.jpg
41KB, 540x960px
Navyfag, and while I wouldn't say my bootcamp experience was anywhere near troubling, Army and Air Force definitely fall behind us on this list. No "Please RDC, you're stressing me out." and no personal belongings at all in any point in time. The second you get there shit is boxed up and shipped back to where you came. Never met a coastie before so no clue where they fall.

That being said into 2nd month of bootcamp RDC's loosen up and try to buddy buddy you.

Not the case for everyone but since we get no boot leave after graduation there's a chance you can ship out to MOS school next morning. Which happened to me, which sucked.
>>
The only ones still discussing bootcamp are faggy boots or that fag whose entire military career consisted of sitting and staring at a blank spot for 16 hours a day.

Bootcamp should be the least interesting part of your time in the military.

Go do something with your time.
>>
>>32840750
I like how the boots don't rate getting their eyes fully drawn.
>>
>>32840560
There are no fucking stress cards. For fucks sake stop spreading this boot shit.
>>
File: just beat it.gif (129KB, 300x232px) Image search: [Google]
just beat it.gif
129KB, 300x232px
>>32840560
the stress cards meme needs to die
>>
File: 1387406355510.png (222KB, 406x382px) Image search: [Google]
1387406355510.png
222KB, 406x382px
>>32840511
I'd put Navy below AF. But that looks okay to me.

But I don't know anything about the US military beyond what I've seen on TV, browsing the net, and heard at McDonalds.
>>
>>32840511
Don't know but post some more Delicous trap catbois
>>
>>32840560
>le stress card myth
>>
>>32840603
Fuck, they had those same posters, with the same word-for-word text on them, when I was there in 2001. And yes, my master chief RDC loved to stand in front of it and cuss like hell.
>>
File: 29 Palms.jpg (78KB, 960x717px) Image search: [Google]
29 Palms.jpg
78KB, 960x717px
Anyone else here barely remember what happened to them in boot camp?

All I remember was my DIs name and maybe two instances of funny shit happening but all my memories from my service was from deployment, stupid shit I did as a boot and doing salty shit out in town or on libo.
>>
>>32842929
Same. I remember SOI a lot more than boot camp. Mostly things from the fleet and deployments. Pretty sure that's the way it should be, or your enlistment must of been pretty dull.
>>
File: Gator Schoolhouse.jpg (91KB, 716x960px) Image search: [Google]
Gator Schoolhouse.jpg
91KB, 716x960px
>>32842961
I remember MOS school more than SOI or boot camp just because all our instructors getting forced out and were Fallujah/Ramadi/OEF vets, most of whom deployed together and treated it like on last get together, at our expense of course.

It never bothered me but were adamant on giving us the "fleet experience" throughout schools.

It was the best of times, worst of times till I actually hit the fleet
>>
File: 1468889262728.jpg (148KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
1468889262728.jpg
148KB, 600x450px
Anyone been to OSUT before? What should I be training for and how hard is it in comparison to normal basic?
>>
>>32840603
>>32842905
I remember my Chief telling us that "shit is fucking bullshit" in 2007
>>
Going to Air Force pretty soon, shooting for Aeromedical Evac, any of you guys got tips or advice?
I mean I've heard the majority of basic for the AF is class work, but I've also heard theyve changed a lot
>>
>>32843226
Hey buddy first off, you chose the right branch. Dont let the boots teel you otherwise we got chuck norris and we got the nukes.

Af basic is considered "easiest" (over navy for some fucking reason) mostly i think because of the pt standard being low. And it is laughable. Dont be a chow runner. Dont say you want to improve your cofidence. I was one and when i told my army friends about it they thought it sounded terrible. Learn to fold. Pratice facing movements. Go with the flow.
>>
>>32843226
Laundry crew is chill, but if you're not great at getting laundry out every day, people will hate you. Being a latrine queen isn't terrible. I did watch someone put their hand in a plastic bag and pick up a massive turd from a toilet that broke. EC monitor sounds great, but you'll get woken up at 3am by some retard who forgot the procedures. Probably the easiest job is dayroom crew, or if you're in alkatraz, chrome cleaner. Don't be scared to volunteer for KP, you can get cake and coffee and shit like that. If you're in good shape you might be made PT monitor. Keep your nose clean and know before you go that everybody captain and lower is a massive faggot. If anybody mentions anything about BAS, do everything you can to stay away. If you walk through those doors, they will find some bullshit to kick you out. That's how I got kicked out after my 6th week.
>>
>>32843059
only thing harder is it's basic for 13-15 weeks instead of 8,start doing pushups now, and start running, you aint looking to become a superman, just be ready for the minimum. basic will take care of the rest.
>>
File: FelixArgyle-Cosplay.jpg (341KB, 650x975px) Image search: [Google]
FelixArgyle-Cosplay.jpg
341KB, 650x975px
>>32840511
Where have I seen that before...
>>
>>32843226
learn how to fold stuff/hospital corners.
i was EC monitor so i just traded shifts with dudes who would fold my shit. Didnt get much sleep but i never had to stress about having a fuckin wrinkle in my sock.

Its literally all a game, just go day by day. Youre a grown ass man, worse these guys can do is yell at you or make you do pushups.

I went through a couple of years ago now so im not sure whats changed. i heard yall get backpacks now instead of web gear
>>
>>32840750
Fuckin this. Basic is easy and stupid. Basic stories are all the same and most of it is forgotten as soon as you actually fucking deploy.
>>
>>32844289
Yup, black backpack stuffed with 180 dollars worth of shit you don't need that they hand you when you get off the bus (you have to pay for it all whether you need it or not). Buddy of mine stole some web gear he found in the supply closet, shoved it in his civvie luggage.
>>
>>32843930
Not that Anon but what is BAS?
>>
>>32842929

FUCK CAMP WILSON

Except for the heckin' burgs at the Warriors' Club.
>>
>>32840511
I am retired army, and I barely remember anything about my time in basic. A few odd stories stick out, mostly to do with some idiots, but even the day to day routine is fuzzy. If I had to rate its difficulty, I would place it around a 6-7 out of 10. Getting into shape is tough, but not impossible by any means and getting used to all the routine can be a shock at first.
>>
>>32844951
Battalion aid station if I remember the acronym right. I might be wrong though just what we call medical in the Marines so I'm assuming its similar for the Air Force.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.