[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Chiappa Survival Rife

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_1767-900x600.jpg (129KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1767-900x600.jpg
129KB, 900x600px
What does /K/ think about this dainty little survival rifle with it's x-caliber inserts? I think it's quite a innovative idea, but I'm not sold on the quality of the gun itself.
>>
>>32839868

Survival rifles are usually shit.
>>
>>32839868
how much does it cost
>>
>>32839917
Can be found for around $650 with all eight adapters.
>>
>>32839868
I like them, especially the factory AOW, but they're fucking dumb.

Why would you take a single shot "survival rifle" when:
- an Ares SCR with an ARMagLock/BulletButtonReloaded and 10 round mags gives you a Fifty State Rifle that can be taken down to ~24" and can shoot super dense rimfire ammo with a CMMG ARC22
- Keltec Sub-2000 with a loctite red thread protector, a bullet buton, and either a pistol grip blocker or the grip cut down to the trigger guard gives you a -4LBS- pistol caliber carbine that folds down to 16"x7".
- one of those hatfield $99 folding 12 gauges with a pack of adapters, and you can cut it down to fold to about 18" x 8"
- any fucking handgun
- a non-nfa pump shotgun

You have so many options, and you choose the one people pick in Australia because it's about as cool as they can get without leaving Category A.
>>
I would rather have ammo equal to the weight/space/price of those dumas adapters because I doubt I'll be able to hit shit with anyone of the ammo I'm stubble across since non of it is regulated to the sights. A cheap as shotgun and a H&R rough rider cost less combined
>>
>>32841419 gets it
An Ares SCR weighs as much as a single shot 12 gauge, and you could even bore out part of the stock to fit an extra ~100 rounds 22LR.
>>
>>32839868

I had it and it was pretty good, I loved the shit out of it.

I am kicking myself that I sold it, I had bills to pay.
>>
What is 10/22 Takedown?
>>
The rifle itself was found to be cheaply made and fragile. You're better off buying the inserts with a better made but relatively cheaper single-shot shotgun. Trust me I'm a doctor. They are "hella" fun as the youngs say. I bought the dual-caliber inserts for maximum fun. My recomendation is the .38/357 and the .410/.45 long colt.
>>
Also, you'd be surprised at how accurate a rifled barrel insert in a 12 gauge shotgun can actually be. The inserts are made in Italy by Chiappa and are of decent quality, just stay away from the proprietary rifle that comes with the insert pack.
>>
everything about it is bigger than I'd want on a single purpose 'survival' gun. I mean look at that fucking paddle of a buttstock and all the snaggy square-looking bullshit attached to the thing that goes up. what even is that shit?

grip look uncomfortable too. I want an easy to handle and use gun for survival situation. good luck shooting groups when you're tired / hungry / cold ... why handicap yourself if you're already going to take the trouble of carrying gun? why not carry a good one?

fuck that thing

and what is that, fucking foam inserts?

foam? really? fuckofff
>>
>>32842477
I can tell you what it's not- it's not a rifle that can shoot 8 calibers easily
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.