[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Talk me out of it.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: md2vepr76.jpg (546KB, 1000x540px) Image search: [Google]
md2vepr76.jpg
546KB, 1000x540px
>>
>>32839583
I had one and hated it. Get one in a bigger caliber to fill a DMR roll.
>>
File: vepr23inch54r (12 of 10).jpg (190KB, 1000x540px) Image search: [Google]
vepr23inch54r (12 of 10).jpg
190KB, 1000x540px
Better?
>>
>>32839639
Make it a .308
>>
>>32839824
This. Cheap 54r is gone, and have fun with long-ass and low capacity single stack mags if you go with 54r.
>>
>>32839639
Yeah, either that or the .308 depending on what other guns you have or plan on getting. For example I have a couple of Mosins so I would get the 7,62x54r version to have common ammo.
>>
>>32839594
This is the stupidest comment you have ever made and in many cases I agree with you. AKs are not DMR guns.
>>
>>32839639
No don't listen to those retards, get a regular VEPR that doesn't have a thumbhole stock.
>>
>>32839907
>AKs are not DMR guns.
The history of guns used in conflict zones adamantly disagrees with you. See guns like the PSL and m76 etc.
My psl shoots roughly 1in with surplus, I don't see why the other ak flavor dmr rifles couldn't do the same.
>>
>>32839907
VEPRs are very accurate guns especially with match ammo. VEPR is great for DMR role.
>>
>>32839583
I have one in 5.45. Love it.
>>
>>32839583
My one complaint about the intermediate sporters is that the barrels are ~4mm thicker than they need to be, and the receiver is overly thick for no good reason. Too much pointless weight, with the exception being eric's torture test proving what we all knew, heavier barrels and beefier parts will handle heat better. .
They're comfy with the thumbhole stock though and built very well.
>>
>>32840046
Well, Veprs are RPKs, so that is why they have the thicker receiver and barrel.
>>
>>32839583
Stock is comfy AF. The 223 magazines are impossible to find cheaply, go 762 or 545 and use surplus.
>>
>>32840078
There's only one vepr "rpk", and that's the vepr-1v that was imported briefly.
The rest are just sporters with heavier receivers and barrels.
>>
>>32840102
Except they're still built off of RPK specs for its receiver and barrel. They're still closer to the RPK than they are to the AK.
>>
>>32840102

Molot builds RPKs for the Russian military.
VEPRs are made in the same factory to the same specs.
>>
>>32840146
>>32840170
They have glaring similarities, but don't fit the actual definition of RPK.
I feel like vepr owners just tell themselves they have an rpk as some sort of feel-good psychological validation for their purchase.
>>
>>32840244
Not really, just pointing out that they're closer to the RPK than they are to the AK, given their overall specs.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.