[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Wait for HPA or no?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

File: Omega-9K-SU1544-4.jpg (580KB, 1200x604px) Image search: [Google]
Omega-9K-SU1544-4.jpg
580KB, 1200x604px
Looking into a suppressor for my nightstand gun and for funzies. Should I just get started with papers now and pay stamp, get reimbursed later, or is the HPA even considered this year at all?
>>
I would get the stamp and pay be reimbursed later on.

Because legislation, no matter how surely it seems like it can pass, can fail and die at any moment, anywhere. I won't hold my breath for the HPA until the president's pen meets the paper signing it into law.
>>
>>32836498
I'm debating the same thing desu. I really want a 5.56 can and a 9mm can but that's $400 out of pocket that I don't have to spend if HPA passes.
>>
>>32836508
This. The bill would reimburse you if it passes, so just do it.
>>
>>32836519
unless that part gets scrapped, which it could.
>>
HPA will fail
>>
>>32836498
The current HPA does not have any refund provision.
>>32836511
>5.56 can
Silencerco Omega, it's the same size as the 556K but doesn't lock you into ASR and 22 caliber.
>5.56 can and a 9mm can
Liberty Mystic X, 5.56 rated pistol can.
>>
>>32836527
Exactly.

But let's say it doesn't get signed into law, then what? You gambled hoping it would and then lost so now you still have to pay the $200 and wait the 8 months when that time could have been spent while the bill was in session.
>>
>>32836528
Find a rope and kill yourself, commie. Everyone is coming out of the woodwork, and the fascistcrats don't have the political capital to stop it.
>>
>>32836528
Trump will never get the nomination
>>
>>32836528
>Kildawg WILL be YOUR president you better get in line and out of HER way.
>>
>>32836508
This basically, but I will say that during these two years it had the highest chance of passing than it ever will have.
>>
>>32836551
Hey, retard:
(a) What makes you think you'll still have to wait for Form 4 approval once the HPA passes.
(b) cancel form 4 = $200 refund
>>
>>32836498
>>32836508
>>32836519
>reimbursment
Ha good luck getting that within 5 years, at best they might give you a credit on your taxes for .20c on the dollar/
>>
>>32836585
>(a) What makes you think you'll still have to wait for Form 4 approval once the HPA passes.
What are you talking about? He's saying if it doesn't pass.
>>
>>32836585
My point was that if it doesn't pass. You're retarded.
>>
watch this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9MoCyr4-F0
>>
>>32836498
Here's to hoping
>>
>>32836630

Just what I was looking for. thanks
>>
track it here

https://www.congress.gov/bill/114th-congress/house-bill/3799/all-info

if you need one, buy one. whats 200 bucks 1-2 years later?
>>
I expect that the cost for a silencer is going to dramatically rise in the aftermath of a HPA, as the demand quickly consumes the existing supply

In the longer term, as companies ramp up production and more get into the business, I expect it to fall.

It's not expensive to manufacture a silencer. It's all about the artificial constraints on the market
>>
>>32837524
>2015 version

https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-congress/house-bill/367/
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.