[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ballistic Implications of a 6' 8" 400 lb Dude

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: BigDude.png (572KB, 898x539px) Image search: [Google]
BigDude.png
572KB, 898x539px
Sounds kind of fucked up, but would there be anything different about shooting this dude compared to the average person?

I imagine his organs have to be fuckhuge.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-ewhh6qM94
>>
File: 1479966924030.jpg (7KB, 220x165px) Image search: [Google]
1479966924030.jpg
7KB, 220x165px
Irrelevant. They all fall, to Hardball™
>>
>>32833945
Muscle and fat would slow down the bullet somewhat, so pistols might not penetrate deed enough to hit vitals in the torso from every angle but if you'd shoot a big guy from front it won't be much different from shooting a small guy. For long guns it really wouldn't make a difference in any situation.
>>
>>32834018
>so pistols might not penetrate deed enough to hit vitals in the torso from every angle
meant to say "so all pistols might not penetrate deed enough to hit vitals in the torso from every angle"
>>
>>32834025
Unless you use 10mm.
>>
>>32834034
Well, I meant that some pistols don't penetrate deep enough while others do. English isn't my first language.
>>
Any thoughts on rifle calibers?

5.56 is not the most powerful of cartridges, but a 55 grain pill going mach 3 isnt gonna care if you weigh a dense 400 lbs, right?

On the other hand, doesnt more mass mean softer distribution of energy?
>>
File: R716-16B-P-FDE-2.jpg (73KB, 989x335px) Image search: [Google]
R716-16B-P-FDE-2.jpg
73KB, 989x335px
>>32833945

A shooting buddy of mine is a retired SWAT cop. I asked him about this.

He said. "A pistol is basically a long distance knife to poke holes in someone.... If you need to shoot someone do it with a rifle. If you need to kill them, use a .308."
>>
>>32834098
If you need to kill them at close range use buckshot
>>
>>32833945
Even intermediate rifle rounds are sufficient to kill the largest humans.
>>
>>32834081
>On the other hand, doesnt more mass mean softer distribution of energy?
Bullets dont kill you through energy transfer like a car crash or a fall. You can easily absorb all of the energy of a bullet and survive. What matters is shot placement and penetration to destroy a small relatively small amount of vital tissue. Unless youve got significantly more dense muscles and bones or have literally tens of extra inches of flesh in front of your vital organs, it wont make a difference.
>>
>>32834081
It would literally not make any functional difference. Chunks of the bullet will still fly out of his back after lancing through his torso.
>>
Unless you're packing multiple feets of muscles in front of your vitals, being ripped vs being somalian skinny wont do squat.
/r/ing that video of the mythbuster shooting tubes of meat and fat and stuff just goes zipping trough.
>>
File: 17-cigarette-smoking-man-153073.jpg (80KB, 990x661px) Image search: [Google]
17-cigarette-smoking-man-153073.jpg
80KB, 990x661px
>>32833945

honestly it is better to be super skinny in terms of getting shot as the bullet may not have the time to yaw/fragment or otherwise react to the density change significantly before exiting, whereas if u r a big guy it is pretty guaranteed that if it is going to tumble/yaw/frag/expand it is going to do so while traveling through you.
>>
>>32834177
Noted.

>>32834177
>>32834252
What I figured. Just curious.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.