[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it dumb to have a flip rear sight with a non-QD optic mount?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: PAC3X-ACSS-5.56_08.jpg (303KB, 2000x1333px) Image search: [Google]
PAC3X-ACSS-5.56_08.jpg
303KB, 2000x1333px
Is it dumb to have a flip rear sight with a non-QD optic mount?
>>
>>32832560

well...yea
>>
>>32832560
What is this meme optic?
>>
Yes.
Having backup irons at all these days is pretty dumb. You'll literally never be in a situation where you need to transition to them, and even at that modern optics will outlive you anyway.

They're only good for checking your optic's zero.

But, yes, if you literally can't even use the damn things without a tool to remove your optic you are a grade A retard.
>>
>>32832560
If you mount it like this - yes, it is.

If you mount it so it's clear of the optic when up - not so much. RDS' battery can die, optic can shatter, but BUIS will still be there.
>>
>>32832560
May as well have a set on there anyway in case you decide to remove the optic you'll already have a zero'd sight.
>>
>>32832582

I'd think if you have a latched optic having BUIS isn't that dumb.
>>
>>32832582
>checking your optic's zero
I had a reverse situation - got a decent AR-15, and then Aimpoint CompM4. I installed it before I went shooting the first time, was really surprised to find that it is zeroed in out of the box (even though the mount is not QD)- and then even more surprised to find that BUIS was off out of the box.
>>
>>32832601
This.
>>
>>32832560
It's sub-par to be sure, but not nearly as fucking retarded as that RD setup in your pic.
>unlimited eye relief
>mounting it that far back
Wew
>>
>>32832601
>>32832649
>>32832650
it's a 3x magnified prism scope
>>
>>32832673
That's just fine. You can still shoot with both eyes open (Bindon aiming) at 3x.
>>
>>32832650
>mounting it that far back
that might work on AR-15, but you'll get a black eye on AR-10 for sure.
>>
>>32832582
Probably true but I enjoy feeling ready. Its not like they're an inconvenience especially if you can afford em
>>
File: 1485840244691[1].jpg (12KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
1485840244691[1].jpg
12KB, 480x270px
>>32832730
yeah, they're like 20 bucks.
>>
>>32832560
You're pretty stupid for setting things up like that, but it's not the worst thing.

If you're in the field and your primary optic breaks, you'll have an easier time finding something to remove your broken optic so that you can flip up to your BUIS than you would finding a replacement sight.
>>
>>32832711
>Never Shot an AR-10: The Post
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.