[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Special Forces

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 8

File: special-operations-soldier-data.jpg (243KB, 2500x1664px) Image search: [Google]
special-operations-soldier-data.jpg
243KB, 2500x1664px
Which country has the best special forces? What makes them the best?
>>
>>32831906

Most of the major western powers probably have near-identical SOF in terms of training/gear/etc. America wins simply because they have the best support/air support/satellite intel/etc to back up their troops.
>>
File: 2005_Indonesia_Kopassus.jpg (126KB, 1200x630px) Image search: [Google]
2005_Indonesia_Kopassus.jpg
126KB, 1200x630px
>>32831906

INDONESIA KOPASSUS IS THE BEST SPECIAL FORCES IN THE WORLD. History already spoken, KOPASSUS save the American DELTA in Mogadishu. Austrailian SASR begging us to teach them the art of jungle fighting. GIGN asking us to capture terrorist responsible for Paris Attack. Indonesian KOPASSUS actually advising the GSG-9 during Operation Fire Magic. Even Israeli Sayeret Matkal fears Indonesian KOPASSUS. Indonesian KOPASSUS is winner of numerous Special Ops competition like Warrior Challenge, Asia Armies Rifle Meet and Discovery Channel Deadliest Warrior. Enough said. Indonesian KOPASSUS is THE BEST in the world!
>>
>>32831906

That depends on what job you need done.
>>
>>32831906
Spoke to a member of the Australian SASR.

He stated that the top tier special forces are:

British SAS
British SBS
Australian SASR
American Delta Force
American Devgru (Seal Team 6)
>>
>>32832010
dident the sasr own them in east timor
>>
File: 20160211ad8588365_095.jpg (2MB, 3600x2400px) Image search: [Google]
20160211ad8588365_095.jpg
2MB, 3600x2400px
>>32832010
Actually we were teaching you, until one of your monkeys chimped out over a poster.

Pic related is the manlet that represents your pathetic forces.
>>
>>32831967
And the best because of the facilities and amount of air time they get.

Favorite quote from some European unit training in GA. "We were in a chopper headed to Benning. After about 30 minutes I asked how long until we get there. Response was that we've been flying over it for 20 minutes."

US SOF is spoiled with their budgets and Bragg/Benning.
>>
>>32832817
Well, I'm convinced.
Sounds like an objective assesment m8s.
>>
>>32833284
Wouldn't it be more subjective?
>>
File: special forces.png (382KB, 1306x5702px) Image search: [Google]
special forces.png
382KB, 1306x5702px
>>
>>32832817
>tfw my dad was in Delta
>didn't tell me anything cool about it before he died
>>
>>32833458
topfuckingkek

thanks for brightening my morning anon.
>>
>Let me tell you my opinion on this organization thread
>>
>>32833473
>feelsbadman.jpeg
>>
Uganda
>>
File: 1394358914352.jpg (21KB, 539x454px) Image search: [Google]
1394358914352.jpg
21KB, 539x454px
>>32833458
JTF-2 actually made me laugh. This pic is surprisingly more nuanced than it ever should have been.

10/10
>>
>>32832010
indonesian special forces
what do they do? advanced street begging?
>>
>>32833458
>seals

kek
>>
>>32833458
>GIGN
>wait them out
I don't get it.
>>
>>32834247
Beat up half starving, rioting villagers, terrorise west papuans and all the fun things their government wants shot up without any subtlety
On a good day they can also shoot foreign journalists

Think of them as sort of advanced riot police to try and keep the local populace from completely chimping out 24-7
>>
>>32832010
Faggot confirmed.
>>
>>32831906
Most Western special forces have the same training. It doesn't matter if it's American, German, French, British, they are all very skilled. The difference is that the US put much more money in their soldiers than other armies. Therefore US spec ops have the better gear and the better support - but this isn't limited to special forces but to the military in general.
>>
>>32834287
Special Forest?
>>
>>32831906
Latvian Special Operations Group, they're so good a lot of people never heard of them, because they're rumo
>>
>>32833024
hey now, dont diss on the manlets, audry murphy and mike vinning would like a word with you
>>
>>32833458
There should be also a mention of Algerian G.I.S. liberating hostages with rocket fire from Mi-24 helicopters. Only 39 hostages got killed on a total of about 700. A record for the region.
>>
File: 1000xvx.jpg (175KB, 1000x668px) Image search: [Google]
1000xvx.jpg
175KB, 1000x668px
Fsb alpha. Who else can you rely on to get rid of 25 out of 8 suspected terrorist?
Their ak's are pretty sweet looking all jokes aside
>>
There is no best special force, unless there was a particular force that could do missions nobody else could do. How do you even meassure the best when most have very different tasks.

Delta
Devgru
SEALs
SAS
KSK
FSK/MJK
SASR
SOG
Spetznas

All good, same shit different toilet
>>
North Korea, duh. They are simply the best.
>>
File: 915885.jpg (49KB, 245x400px) Image search: [Google]
915885.jpg
49KB, 245x400px
What are your thoughts on this book I bought?
>>
>>32831906
These threads are always filled to the brim with intelligent discussion from experienced individuals...

As a lowly intel dude who spent a majority of his active duty career in a TOC in Afghanistan, Iraq and a few other beautiful locales I have some opinions on who the cream of the crop is, but there ostensibly is no "best."

I can say that without a doubt, bar none, no if ands or buts about it, the US Army's SMUs and the British SAS are as squared away as any group of combat arms dudes can be. Adamant, well seasoned, incredibly intelligent professionals.

That being said there's a reason organizations like JSOC and USSOCOM exist. There's not a lot of individual effort these days and a high speed SMU has many gears and moving components. Watching Rangers, top shelf Army SMU members, USAF STS bros and SAS operators working together is a god damned thing of beauty though. Not much that can't be accomplished with those folks working together jointly with good intelligence and air assets.

I've got nothing against Naval Special Warfare and the USMC's brand of special operations, but they beat their own path. I've seen my share of clusterfucks and tbqh a majority of them came from poor leadership and planning on the Navy side of things.

All incredibly talented and hard working men though.

Honorable mention to the Australian SAS. I didn't get the opportunity to be involved in more than a few operations involving those guys, but they don't seem to fall far from the British SAS tree.
>>
>>32835118
Do you have experience with other European SF units?
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.