[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anybody have parents that are anti fun? Do you live with them?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 214
Thread images: 27

Anybody have parents that are anti fun? Do you live with them? What is it like?

>live with dad
> super anti-gun
> usually voices his opinion and lets me be
> tells me
How anti-gun he his every time I buy a new gun
>>
>>32831817
It's like being in the closet, except for ammosexuality.

Problem is my parents are starting to think I'm homosexual.

>i just want to fuck qt guns without feeling bad
>>
File: 1480287267479m.jpg (98KB, 1024x848px) Image search: [Google]
1480287267479m.jpg
98KB, 1024x848px
>buy SKS
>dad tells me "people who collect weapons get the uncontrollable urge to use them"
>mom asks if I want to see a therapist
>never buy another gun until I move out
>>
>>32831869
OP here

> buy SKS
> dad is scared
> can't figure out how to use i
> scared.jpg
> tell mom about guns
>whatever
> fast forward to a couple weeks ago win I bought my XD
> dad asks why I need a handgun
> day self defense
> dad says I'm crazy and will end up jail for life
>>
Eh I own 3 handguns 2 Ars an Slr106 and an m82a1( got a good deal from a friend), all of which I had when I still lived with my parents.

Imagine hiding a barrett in your closet while still in high school, it was slightly hard to explain when the truth came out
>>
>>32831973
I gotta ask. How much did you get the Barrett for?
>>
>>32831817
Did you ever invite him to the range? Might change his opinion real quick. I know mine did, now he's got more guns than I do
>>
>parents think I am mentally ill and shouldnt own a gun because I dont like talking to them
>come home with a milsurp rifle
>sit me down and tell me not to buy ammo
>buy ammo
>tell them to fuck off
>nothing happens
>>
>be 16
>unironically wanted nugget
>its only $100 dollarydoos mom
>no son no guns im this house
>MOM
>Go eat your tendies
>..ok
>uncle gets VP9 a year ago
>>
My dad never taught me how to hunt or shoot, just fish. He is a fisherman, but he's also the typical baby boomer. Liberal in his heart, bigoted and conservative in his head. He always makes some stupid excuse why he won't go shooting with me either. 'I'm just not interested in guns, when will I ever need a gun'. Fuck face never wants to do anything that isn't in his interest, but I guess that's how most fathers are, right?
>>
Please keep posting.

Somebody.

I love people being shitty stories. Hatred fuels me.
>>
both folks like guns
always have
parents bought me my first and lent me money for a few more when good opportunities arose
i now have stacks and don't tell them because they are poor now (recession drama) and it makes me guilty to talk about the spare money I'm spending
kinda winning?
>>
>was in shooting club for ~3 years, parents were meh, but somewhat glad I wasn't on my computer all day
>told them I shoot with rental guns and one from my friend
>told me from the start "no guns in our house"
>bought my own guns and stored them at friends house
>passed hunting course last year, hoped they'd allow guns in house know, since hunting is socially more accepted here and we talked about me getting them nice meat now
>nowayjose.jpg
>since my buddy where I stored the guns was moving to another city (didn't in the end), I moved my gun safe into my room while my parents where on vacation
>parents not amused
>told them it was the deal of the century and I had to take it
>when they wanted to store some of my important documents in there and wanted they key, I told them I have still some leftover ammo in there and can't tell them b.c. gun laws
>in reality there's a pistol and 2 rifles plus ammo in there
>think about buying a sks while they're on summer vacation
>haven't been shooting for over a year
>situation sucks and I feel bad for lying to my parents
I'll have to come clean sometime, so I'm trying to find somewhere to hunt to kinda force the gun buying issue, but it's hard to find and I just started uni in another country and I'm home maybe 3 months a year.
>>
File: 1483804098841.png (375KB, 763x960px) Image search: [Google]
1483804098841.png
375KB, 763x960px
have nogunfag cousin

>bought my first glock
>went to his place to show it him
>discharge it
>handle to him
>"it's a toy, it's too light"
>i'm trying to convince him
>taking off the slide n shit
>showing insides
>receiver probably didn't make the right impression
>"naaah, no way"
>assemble it back
>fucking idiot puts it to his head
>>
>>32833621
nah, mine's a horse rider and spends weekends innawoods horse riding, but everytime i'm going to the range he'd join me
>>
>>32834403
Shoulda given him a loaded mag and asked him to try it again, see if he thinks its real.
>>
>>32834463
You do know where you are, right?
>>
>>32834452
Stop posting anime girls talking about living with mommy and put the big boy pants on
>>
>>32834469
You know you've fucked up when you make someone on 4chan cringe
>>
>>32834471
This entire thread is underage bannt as fuck.
>>
>Spanish
>Antigun parents in a antigun society
>I convinced them at 15 to get a gun license for long weapons for hunting
>>
>>32834472
Haha the guy who lives with mommy calling others cucks
>>
>>32831817

We had 76 guns when I was growing up. My stepdad was a prepper.

Went in debt one time buying 18 grand worth of guns, ammo, and gear. A total of 90 grand in debt because we also tried to get into buying and selling tractors to make unreported income because muh gubmint. He was also highly abusive and a drug addict.

Unsurprisingly, I ended up in the military.c
>>
>>32831817
>dad says I cant get another gun until I sell one
>desperately need carry gun, dindus keep getting worse
plz help me
>>
>be me
>16th birthday
>raised by single mom
>she takes me to walmart and buys me a shotgun

I'm now 27 with more guns than I can keep track of..

miss ya mom RIP
>>
>Canada
>Did is pretty fuddy
>Move out
>I buy a bunch of rifles over a couple years like a Norinco M1A and SKS
>Dad says nobody needs those rifles
>Buy vz58 and some more rifles
>Dad says they're cool, nobody needs ARs or handguns
>Looking into buying an AR or handgun
>Dad says nobody needs an AR, concealed carry should be a thing in Canada
>Buy handgun
>Dad asks if I'm going to buy an AR
>Tell him he can shoot my handgun when I get it
>Dad says the government shouldn't keep fucking with gun owners
>Dad looking into getting an AR or handgun

I don't understand how it worked but he got better the more I got into it.
I need to do another range day with him. It's been a few weeks.
>>
>>32832685

I just joined a gun club a couple months back and they have a 1 year probationary period where you're not allowed to get a guest pass
>>
How can those of you 18+ still live with your parents. I gtfo immediately and lived in my truck and a friend's shed for a couple of weeks before finding a rental. Guns weren't the problem but all other forms of freedom were.
>>
Mom took away a full size AK airsoft gun as a kid. Hated em.

Since moving out I have a dozen. We constantly argue. Her father killed himself with a gun when she was ten, so in addition to being liberal she has a natural aversion to guns.

I will NEVER forget one argument. I was going through the constitutional argument, and she just shouts "FUCK THE CONSTITUTION".

Well mom, fuck you.
>>
>mom is no gun funz but understands
>gma voted hillary...Nuff said
>gpa served 25 years in army collected butt loads of guns
>gpa dies few years ago, gma calls police tells them to come get all the guns
>about 50 of them
>year later find out he left all of them to me in will
>mfw gma lied to me...
>still want to kill that bitch
>hfw I told I told her I'm Republican
> I lied cause I'm neither but still kicked out of her will cause she thinks I'm a commie
>>
>>32835358
Tthat's what I'm trying to figure out... had 3 jobs at 18 a shitty '97 sentra no funz but I was my own person...
>>
>>32831817
>entire family thinks I'm mentally unstable
>literally goes full panic whenever I get close to a gun.
its pretty bad.
>>
>>32835374
>FUCK THE CONSTITUTION

Fucking women, mang
>>
>>32835656
>republican
>commie
what
>>
>>32831817
Both my parents are anti-gun, but mostly supportive of my hobby.

They would probably freak if I got a scary black rifle. Fortunately I live in CA and will never own anything but durr rifles, pump shotguns and revolvers as a result.
>>
>>32832062
Free because it's imaginary/
>>
File: image.jpg (21KB, 220x200px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
21KB, 220x200px
>>32831817
>being old enough to buy a rifle and still living at home
>being old enough to buy a handgun and still living at home
Holy fuck you have way better things to spend your money on anon.
Stop mooching off of mommy and daddy and go get your own place
>>
>>32831817
Nope. Family is progun, neighbors are progun, even coworkers are progun.
The funny part is I'm Canadian.
>>
File: lawn_b.jpg (58KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
lawn_b.jpg
58KB, 300x300px
>mom scared shitless when I bought my S&W 581
>Dad was a mechanic, programmer, pretty much a jack of all trades
>Handles my revolver, super interested in function.
>Dad spent years in soviet military and spent time in Afghan
>Somewhat anti gun for his own use
>Accepting of my hobby
>Fast forward about 2 months.
>Bought G19 gen 3
>Bring it home
>Mom scared shitless part 2 electric boogaloo
>Dad handles it
>Asks if he can disassemble it
>Surewhynot.jpg
>Dad spends about an hour disassembling and analyzing.
>Puts it together
>Says pack your things, we're gonna shoot it
>Shoot Glock
>Dad loves it

TLDR: dad was sort of antigun after war and I was able to convince him to help chip on my first AR
>>
>>32835799
Right? Why live at home when you could waste money on rent?
>>
>>32834513
>>dad says I cant get another gun until I sell one

You need a career and to fucking move. Yungmen were expected to make their way in the world in much tougher times than anything in the comfy present.

Grab both ears, pull your head out of your arse, and work on life.
>>
>>32835819
If you have to ask this question, you must lead a sad and uneventful life.
>>
>>32835358
>How can those of you 18+ still live with your parents

Because TENDIES!
>>
File: image.png (226KB, 390x389px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
226KB, 390x389px
>>32835819
>manchild defending his tendie allowance from mommy
It's cool I know you are only defensive because deep down you know your are autistic for living at home at 25.
If you think rent is a waste just go buy a house then. I bought my first house when I was 19.
>>
>>32835863
You're either rich or it was a shithole.
>>
>>32835819
>be anon
>40 year ole
>still live with mummy and daddy
>ive been a good boy but mummy left daddy and we had to move to apartment
>tfw doesnt even make me tendies but its ok because she gives me gas and food money just like when I was 17
>tfw to intelligent to get my own place because why would you when you can live at home
>>
>>32835871
Not rich at all. It was a fixer upper though.
I gutted and redid both bathrooms and the kitchen, put in hardwood floor etc. and sold it two years ago because it was only on one acre & that was my plan all along, to fix it & sell it.
Now I got more land and a better house. Not bad for a dude with a 10th grade education.
My advice for life is learn how to weld.
>>
>>32831817
>live with mom for college
>buy an SKS
>"it makes me feel safe knowing that you're armed anon" -mom
>weeks later
>"I don't feel so safe with a gun in the house. Could you possibly put it in a safe?" -mom
>buy safe and put gun in it
>"I'm glad you're enjoying your interests anon!" -mom
>"Could you lock up your ammo too? I'm afraid your brother might kill himself." -mom
>brothers not suicidal, just 13
>ammo already locked in safe
>buy lockbox to put ammo in and put it in safe anyway
>"thanks for looking out for your brother." -mom
>"im glad that you have a gun in case someone breaks in." -mom
>"could you put the safe downstairs? In the basement? I'm worried someone might break in and steal them." -mom
>Put safe in basement
>"I'm worried someone might break into the basement." -mom
>install lock on basement door.
>"Your brother has been getting angry a lot l, are you sure we should have a gun in the house?" -mom
>brother only gets mad when mom goes in his room, a.k.a. he's 14
>finally get job and move, take safe and guns with me
>"this house feels a lot less safe amd lonely with you gone :(" -mom

I'm buying this woman a dog and therapy.
>>
>>32832702
>because I dont like talking to them
>>
>>32835656
You could probably sue her for their value
>>
>>32836028
This.

If the police took them, there is probably a record on each one with her signature at the bottom.
Call up a lawyer.
>>
>>32836094
he said this like it happened awhile ago, its probably way past statute of limitations at this point.
>>
>>32836112
>Get ripped off, have guns stolen/destroyed by relatives
>Do nothing
>Wait long ass time
>Post to /k/ about it when it's way too late to do anything

Why is this always what people do?

>Almost as though none of the stories are real.
>>
> dad was in national guard
> taught my brothers and I how to shoot
> got discharged for his kidney stuff
> I start getting into guns, he doesn't like ar15s for some reason because he thinks they are military grade assault weapons
> be me, 2016 December
> buy first ar15
> he suddenly likes it, doesn't overreact when I show him
> teaches me how to clean it since I didn't know much other than how to shoot

His mentality changed quick and good thing.
>>
>>32835922
Yep. Welding, the serious sort, is very, very difficult to automate in the field, and forget about boiler repair etc because lack of access. Robofans who aren't welders have blind faith in automation. The rest of us view everything with a critical and adaptive eye.

Don't neglect getting yer CWI by the way. It comes in handy for career and anyone who studies can pass eventually.
>>
>>32836127
People are pussies. Any relative who betrays me is off my moral obligation list. I'm fortunate to have smart, loyal relatives. They are smart to stay that way if they want anything from me.
>>
>>32836169
Cool! Take him to the range and even if you know more than you let on, get him to teach you and both of you burn up manyrounds.
>>
>>32833621
That describes my dad, too, plus he's an obsessive control freak and an abusive alcoholic asshole. He knows nothing of guns, thinks "assault weapons" and full-size and/or affordable handguns should be banned, and doesn't even know where the key to his gunsafe is (my mom has it). The only guns he owns are a 9422, a French PPK, a S&W Model 36 (which he insists is "Police Special" and not a Chief's Special), and a .410 pump- all of which were bought by his alcoholic asshole dad. They have only ever been taken to the range maybe twice, and have been locked up in the safe since 1986 when his dad died. If he knew where the key was he'd probably sell those guns.
>>
>>32834714
The best cure for antigun is gun, anon.
>>
>>32836278

Haha, maybe we have the same dads. Mine has a a couple guns too. Its funny he gives such little shit about them he doesn't even know where they are. Can you believe that? Whenever I ask him if he wants to go shooting, he's always got better things to do. Hey, at least you got to go to the range. If it isn't fishing or hanging out with his bumblefuck friends, he's not about it.
>>
>>32836320
Oh no, he'd never set foot on a gun range, and I haven't taken his guns out. He's afraid of being tracked by the government that he wants tracking people. I go to the range by myself or with my college gun club with my nugget and Star Model B, which I just slipped into his gunsafe over winter break. I'm moving back in for a while because my mom has really bad cancer and they need help around the house.

+1 on the bumblefuck friends, too. It seems that if someone isn't a loser he can lord over, he doesn't want anything to do with them.
>>
>>32835819
>waste money on rent

Ever heard of buying a house?
Ever heard of being an adult?
Ever heard of not being a faggot and not mooching of your parents long after the normal amount of time?
>>
>>32835358
>How can those of you 18+ still live with your parents.

Financial security. It's much easier to not live in a shed while going to college or working full time in a shitty job if you have family to live with and kick in for a share of the bills.
>>
>>32836430
>Ever heard of buying a house?
Yes, an 18 year old kid with no credit history can get a decent mortgage right now.

>Ever heard of being an adult?
An adult can live with other people. Whether it's roommates or family is immaterial.

>Ever heard of not being a faggot and not mooching of your parents long after the normal amount of time?

You seem to be conflating someone living at home and not contributing with someone living at home who is contributing financially. Whether that's a share of bills or paying for emergency expenses or what have you.

When I lived at home after the age of 18 I paid the water bill for the house. My younger brother worked without pay at my father's business, and my youngest brother paid another bill when he turned 18.

So how about you not project your shittiness onto others.
>>
>be 14 joke with mom about getting a gun
>both laugh
>be 15 actually now want a gun
>still joke with mom about it
>be 16 looking for guns to buy
>maybe a ruger 10/22
>"mom, I'm gonna buy a gun"
>"I'm not paying for it. Lol"
>notjoking.jpg
>be 17
>i now sleep next to an ar 15
>parents totally fine with it
>mom has never not voted democrat
>>
File: IMG_2079.jpg (57KB, 732x794px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2079.jpg
57KB, 732x794px
>>32836502
>I'm smarter than you because I mooch
>>
>>32835972
waste of money. You cant fix something which its functionality is being disfunctional.
>>
>>32835972
Not being a man and putting your foot down but instead, capitulating to your mothers irrational fears. You brought this on yourself.
>>
>>32836502
>paid the water bill
>the water bill
>the fucking
>water
>bill

Well I'm glad you could "contribute" to your family by paying such a large and burdensome bill. I don't know how they would have made it without you.

I'm not shitty. Being at home and having to worry about mom and dad being mad at you for having guns without a damn good reason for still being there is shitty
>>
>>32834714
My dad was never no gunz but he never really shot or anything. Once I started arming myself and took him shooting he has been really into gun culture and even bought a g19.
>Tfw I got my dad and my best friend into firearms.
>>
>dad threatens to throw guns in a dumpster while I'm at work
>tell him that I'll report him for felony theft and that I'm within my rights
>buy a safe and put it in the basement
>he stops bothering me

>he timidly becomes curious over time and sends me gun videos
>calls me one day terrified that my tulammo was actually sabotaged ammo from the vietnam war salvaged from the jungle and resold at Walmart
>>
File: you're actually retarded.jpg (22KB, 242x285px) Image search: [Google]
you're actually retarded.jpg
22KB, 242x285px
>dad is anti-gun because i have a seven year old in the house that lives with practically no rules and does whatever the fuck she wants, goes in whatever rooms she wants, etc.

whatever, gonna move out soon anyways
>>
>>32835799
My parents had me pretty late in their 40s. I still live with them at 22 mostly because they asked me to keep living with them. They say it's so I have a chance to build up savings, but I'm pretty sure it's because they need help around the house and it's easier for them. Mostly keep to myself when I can, or stay at my girlfriend's apartment.
>>
>>32831817
>dad is fudd
>mom is anti because her uncle shot himself because my dipshit great grandparents didn't clear a gun before giving it to him to play cops& robbers with
>ask mom if i can buy a .22
>"it's small like a bb gun"
>"you're old enough to make your own decisions"
>k
>don't buy .22
>buy AR instead
>buy second AR
>buy shotgun
>finally buy 2 .22s on a black friday sale
>she doesn't like me taking pics of my guns but other than that she stopped caring after the 2nd AR.
>>
>>32834365

WOW. You take piece of shit to the next level.

Sell a couple and give your folks some cash. Faggot.
>>
>>32837480

make sure you upload pictures of yourself with your guns to social media! all your friends will think you're cool!
>>
>mom doesnt like guns
>dad is neutral
>withholding on getting license because i dont pay mortgage
spinning revolver replicas impresses no one in the house, its a lonely hobby
>>
Kraut here. So the society is massive anti gun and very hysterical.
>Be me. Be 6 years old. One of my fathers friends lets me shoot some old air rifles.
>HOOOKED!
> Not allowed to shoot air rifles due to jurisdiction. (Have to be at least 12 for a fucking toy gun. Communism yeay)
>Tinker around with medieval/primitive weapons because my people see them as a hobby.
> Get into archery.
> Fast forward. I turned 18. Still no guns allowed in the house. But now I'm legally allowed to own .22 and some shotguns because I joined a shooting club.
> Grandma jumps to the rescue. "Even Granddad had guns for sporting purposes"
> Allowed to have funs in the house now.
>Some years go by. Funs make love to each other and I need a second safe. Tell them its for ammo.
> Brother leaves to travel the world.Comes back. Had a near death situation where some Abo tried to shank him. Wants to go shooting.
>thiswentbetterthanexpected.jpg
>Dad (antigun but not as hard as mom) joins. >Thought we only had a 22 pistol and a SxS shotgun in the house. Little did he know...
>Had the car already loaded.
> Drive to the range. 6 Bags of fun. Unload. Dad is suspicious
>Start slowly with my 22 russian bitch toz 78
>10/22. "This is fun Anon and not as bad as I thought. Only normal guys around us." ( Massive fuddery in the clubs...)
>the door opens. One of my best friends enters. >Asks if he could use our target at 50m for a test.
>Suremate.jpg
> Opens his bag. Loads and magdumps 50 rounds of .223 into our target.
> Dad is in a state of shock and denial.
Fuck it. Now the need for going slow is gone
> Semi Auto Ak. M1 Carbine. AR15. And my trusty 870
1/2
>>
2/2
> Brother and father are hooked. Shoot all of the ammo and that bag was veryyyy heavy.
> Come home for Dinner.
> Mom asks about our Day. " Oh we shot some clay pidgeons and paper targets with Anons
22s." "Thats nice"
> Dads Pokerface is priceless.
> The next week he gave me close to 1k Euros in cash.
>Why Dad?
> You know that thing some other old man had at the range? That Dirty Harry gun...."
"Yes dad you mean his revolver?" " Yes I want that. Get one."
> Got him a nice used S&W Mod 19 some weeks later. ( I know it s not Dirty Harrys gun but he only wanted the style)
And thats how I converted my family.
Glory be
>>
File: 1473790723788.jpg (15KB, 374x378px) Image search: [Google]
1473790723788.jpg
15KB, 374x378px
*Glory be upon gun Jesus Ian.
>>
>>32837806
>moms against guns, this poor german woman speaks out
>Me and my husband always knew that guns were just for the police and military, but then my son his head got filled by propaganda
>later he took my dear husband and also got him hooked on that vile hobby, I still feel like crying whenever I see him cradle that death machine like a baby
>>
File: JohnLocke.jpg (42KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
JohnLocke.jpg
42KB, 1280x720px
>>32835799
>mfw I live at home
>mfw engineering student
>mfw dad helps pay for school
>mfw when i graduate ill have a good paying job and very little debt
Thanks Dad.
>>
>>32837899
Was der Bauer nicht weiß, macht den Bauern nicht heiß = What a farmer knows not, won't make him hot. ( Word by word translation and grammatically wrong)
-> she has no clue to this day and now I have my own place.
>>
>>32835358
Because college, and i have a functional family
>>
>>32835919
he isnt 40, his parents gave birth to him when they were 40, dumbfuck
>>
>>32831817
>Parents are not anti-gun, but they are "no need for salt rifles" fudds.
>Each time guns come up in convo, they say how they don't like me owning anything other than my shotgun or CC.
>Finally get them out to the range.
>Both have a blast with my AK.
>More lenient now.
>Leniency lost when my sister practically beat down the front door one night trying to get in while I was staying over.
>Startled me awake.
>Grab CC and hold at low ready, expecting one of the local nigs.
>Sister comes in, says nothing, and goes to bed.
>"Anon why did you point a gun at your sister? No more guns here."
>Simply stopped going to their house.

1-800-comon-now
>>
>>32831817

My dad used to be but he got pulled into it too. My mom also used to be but although she still finds them distasteful she tolerates them and votes pro-gun.
>>
>>32836203
mingya cooge
>>
My mother and father are both super anti gun and I'm continually showing them that I'm building an AR-15 and they're uncomfortable but allow it in the house since "it's your money anon".

I need to move out, damn. I can afford it I'm just too lazy.
>>
File: download (4).jpg (4KB, 160x219px) Image search: [Google]
download (4).jpg
4KB, 160x219px
I grew up with grandparents and my aunt. Grand dad was a hunter and a hasguns, albeit all fuddrods. Gma + aunt support 2nd amendment, but do not see the need for semi auto 'salt rifles'.
>Granddad passes away
>I bring home an AK from a gun show a few years after
>Tfw they never mention salt rifles anymore because I'm the man of the house and brought one home
>>
>>32834714
It's because youre his son. He loves you, anon, and he wants to relate to you.
>>
>>32837688
>>32837806
Very nice anon.
>>
File: Lemme off this ride.jpg (125KB, 400x519px) Image search: [Google]
Lemme off this ride.jpg
125KB, 400x519px
>Be 12 years old
>Clearing boxes of books and knick-knacks out of grandma's pool shed-converted-into-extra-bedroom/storage-space because I'm a good grandson
>Deadbeat 40yo uncle still lives with her, she's tried to kick him out for years but she's too frail and he just ignores her
>Has old rusted-to-shit rifle he shoots snakes and gators with when they crawl into the yard from the bayou
>He left it LOADED, COCKED AND LOCKED on random dresser in pool room and it slowly got covered with newspapers and detritus over time
>I come along
>Try to sweep all the crap into a trash bag
>Rifle on edge of table gets swept off dresser
>Trigger gets hung up on only God-Knows-What
>Shoot hole in pool room wall
>Ears ringing
>Parents give deadbeat uncle royal verbal ass beating

FAST FORWARD 10 YEARS

>In college
>Little brother buys Remington 700 with sweet scope
>Parents are thrilled, they are die hard molon labe fuck gommies 'Murrica Machines
>Decide to buy a nugget for myself
>Parents aren't happy at all
>Say I can't be trusted with a gun
>Dafuq?
>Remind me of the time I was 12 "when I found my uncle's gun and decided to play with it and shoot a hole in the wall."
>They've selectively changed their recollection of the past for fuck all reason
>Buy nugget anyway, they say it's my life but it's my own fault for WHEN I accidentally kill someone

A YEAR LATER

>Enlist
>Decide to buy CZ75
>Brother bought old Webley
>Brother gets CHL
>I announce I'm in the process of applying for a CHL
>Parents aren't happy with me at all
>Thinks unemployed brother who works on and off as a lab assistant is more trustworthy with a gun than an active-duty
>Brother's friend let him "CLEP" the shooting class by filling in the paper test in 20 minutes
>Florida waives shooting class for military, but parents insist I should take the longest and most expensive one possible anyway "And maybe wait a few years" before I'm trustworthy enough to CC a pistol

>mfw all this bullshit because of my uncle
>>
>>32840524

Cont'd

The worst part? Being told they believe I'm a sociopath and that's why I shouldn't have guns.

Why am I a sociopath you may ask?

Easy. I don't support Israel and think the USS Liberty was deliberate. Clearly that means I subscribe to a Hollywood-tier, moustache-twirling brand of Nazism and am plotting to kill minorities!
>>
>>32840625
http://pastebin.com/fwMxg8P1

This article might interest you.

It's the most complete, coherent explanation I've found so far.
>>
>>32835808
Your dad sounds awesome
>>
>>32840625
you should shoot your parents
or
say "you are disrespecting a MUHREEN!" that'll shut em up
>>
>>32835998
Not him but you dont know what you are talking about.
I recently stopped talking to mine because they are incredibly pushy and stubborn people even if they are dead wrong about the most obvious things.
Its either they way or no way which is bad ideology to live by for them and for everyone else around them.
>>
>>32840677

>>>/jidf/
>>
>>32837516
fuck off commie. His parent's aren't entitled to his money. If he wants to give them some money that's his business but he isn't a bad person for spending money he earned on himself.
>>
>>32836844
a dog is hardly capitulating
>>
>>32831817
Grandpa and Mom are super anti- "assault rifle"
>20 live with parents
> just started getting into guns only own 3
>i live in a pretty rural area so i have a homemade shooting range in backyard
>mom is okay with me owning guns "you do you anon"
> it about July and grandpa lives in Florida comes up in summer to visit with grandma
>invite friends over to shoot some guns
>pew pew pew
> friend brought AR-15 that's super illegal in my sate
>shits super cash
> Grandpa is sitting on patio and as we're shooting he comes down yelling at us and this dude has had two knee replacements
>asks why we need "weapons of war" for recreational use and if we wanna be big men we should sign up to fight in the army
>one friend is in army and the other in air force
> long story short my friend and my 70 year old grandpa are arguing over some guns that aren't even military grade
>grandpa tells us the government will set us straight if we rebel
>>
>>32835799
If i didn't live with my grandparents they will have to sell their home and move into an old folks home. They don't want to
>>
>>32831817
>took mom to the range last weekend and she loved it
>grandma likes guns and encourages me to get more
>uncle is this weird semi-fudd republican that believes in a lot of this bullshit gun control about "assault rifles" and pistol grips and all those bullshit gun myths like .22 being an "assassin caliber"

It's ok
>>
>>32840818
Nah he's pretty much a piece of shit for letting his family go broke when they lent him money for guns when he was a broke fuck.
>>
>>32836878
>Well I'm glad you could "contribute" to your family by paying such a large and burdensome bill.
In a house of five people on sewage the water bill went over $100 regularly. I also bought my own food and paid for my own vehicle and insurance, my own phone etc. I paid for emergency expenditures. I also helped work at my father's business for no pay regularly. Altogether I gave my parents thousands of dollars while living with them.

>>32836712
>Contributing to household is mooching.

I live on my own now, but living with family in order to afford to save and/or go to school isn't mooching.
>>
>>32836878
>Being at home and having to worry about mom and dad being mad at you for having guns without a damn good reason for still being there is shitty

Also my parents weren't anti gun and I got along with my parents because I'm not an autistic sperg. In fact when I got back from Iraq and ETS'd, and started living with my family again while I used my GI Bill, I would go shooting with my dad pretty regularly.
>>
>>32838168
This. It seems like the anons that always ask this came from shitty families, or were themselves shitty kids.

Anons, most people have good parents who don't steal their shit, abuse them, or neglect them. Just because you're salty that you're parents didn't give a fuck about your future and kicked you out of the house on your 18th birthday doesn't mean you need to take it out on the internet. You should see a therapist.
>>
>be me 18 in 2013
>always loved how things worked
>kind of want to get into guns
>only time I'd ever shot was in Philmont new Mexico with the BSA
>was a bolt action 30-06
>decide to buy the cheapest bolt action I can find
>MOSIN NAGANT TO THE RESCUE
>buy it and a spam can for $180
>shoot in the backyard of where I was living
Publicwood.mp4
>decide to tell dad
>figured since he grew up in Arkansas and had to hunt for his food he'd be ecstatic
>nope
>says there's no reason to own one besides to hunt

Fast forward to about 5 months ago

>I have since increased my collection
>up to 13 firearms now
>2 AR's
>grandpa on my dad's side passes away
>get a Lee Enfield passed down to me
>keep it in dad's safe since he doesn't trust me to not break it
>up until this point only thing in my dad's safe was a .22 and a 20 gauge pump

2 months later
>about to deploy for a few months
>want to keep my guns in my dad's safe
>he asks how many I own
>tell him 13
>expecting him to freak out
>instead he says to just bring them over and we can figure something out
>bring all of my guns and ammo over
>he looks at them
And he says the last thing I would have expected to hear from him
>"hmmm, pretty sure I have more than you now"
>WUT
>turns out my grandpa passed down all of his firearms
>my dad now has 16
>he shows me all of them
>crazy old ruler target .22 still with box and manual
>old school palm pistol that felt like it was made from magnesium and fired a 36 gauge or something
>pump action .22 rifle and a semi auto where you filled the tube mag through a tunnel carved in the stock

After all of this my dad plans on going shooting with me when I get back home. Would have never expected this to happen.
>>
>>32843776
Agreed
>>
>>32837974
Same here, love you dad
>>
>>32835799
>>32835846
>>32835863
>>32835919
>>32836430
>falling for the "move out of the house at 18" meme
having fun with that debt? :^)
>>
>>32838457
>this
He may not be 100% on the gun ownership train anon, but he is 110% on the good dad train
11\10 would accidentally call dad
>>
>>32833621
My dad taught me too shoot, fish and survive. Then he always supported my interests and hobbies financially and was there to learn with me
My dad is awesome, often tells me he kisses when i lived with him. He likes having someone who likes shooting coyotes as much as he does.
>>
>>32844632
Misses*
Stupid phone
>>
>>32837528
Make sure to also point them at the camera and show off ALL of your tattoos as well!
>>
My parents are pretty /k/.

>visiting home for Christmas
>find smoking deal on a USP in lgs
>dad offers to straw purchase it for me

>be reading newspapers about Trump protesters
>talking to mom about paid protesters
>remark on cops' remarkable restraint
>she unironically asks why I don't become a cop, since I'm so good at shooting
>>
>>32835972
>could you put the safe downstairs? In the basement? I'm worried someone might break in and steal them
>I'm worried someone might break in and steal them
isn't that the whole point of putting it in a safe?
>>
>be 19 living with liberal multi relationship parents
>buy first gun 320 savage shotgun mom said she really doesn't want me to have it
> nottrustingme.jpg
>step dad likes it and has had plenty of guns before
>A little bit later get asssalt weapon and a nugget
>buy mom a .22 Henry survival since she likes guns but didn't trust me.
>she tells me how her father left her a Berreta when he died but her brothers sold it on her.
> about to get a 10/22 sks and a hand gun when I get more money
>>
>Get ar-15
>mom anti gun as fuck
>take mom to range shoots gun
>Im gonna take this for myself
>she is now /k/
>>
>>32837806
Also Kraut
>Be me. 13 years old.
>Don't have friends, don't go outside, play Vidya all day.
>Have massive boner for anything military related.
>Mom wants me to find a hobby, signs me up in a DSB shooting club.
>I was basically an ideological reincarnation of Honecker(apart from being always pro-gun, but very firmly) this time, mainly because my mom only voted green.
>Despite massive fuddery, I slowly turn into a libertarian over time.
>Now I'm having weekly political debates against my mother, but stepfather supports me(has pro-gun-relatives in 'murica), try to get into a BDS club, and loking for my first 10/22.
>>
File: 1470164769324.jpg (11KB, 222x385px) Image search: [Google]
1470164769324.jpg
11KB, 222x385px
>>32831973
>>
>>32835656
Seriously dude, fuck blood sue the bitch. She has disrespected her husband and offspring. Fucking take what you deserve.
>>
>>32831946

Asian fob girlfriends of mine who know nothing about the law complain less than /k/s cuck parents.
>>
>>32831817
>dad has guns
>live in ausfailia so have to have a license
>trying to get mine
>both parents discourage me at every turn
hypocritical cunts
>>
>>32837057
>because I have a seven year old that etc etc
>I have
>I
Then educate and discipline your fucking kid you lazy cunt don't just let it wander
>>
>>32837806
>>32837688
I didn't know you guys could even hasguns
Still can't look at swastikas though haha
>>
File: 1485266546794m.jpg (115KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1485266546794m.jpg
115KB, 1024x1024px
Mom used to be anti back in the day. Father was uninterested until Obama, then he panic bought hard and he and I both got into it. Truly father/son bonding over mutual distrust of the government is one of the best kinds.

My mother was pissed at first but figured it out. She still doesn't understand why firearm rights are so important to me though, or why I usually use them as a thermometer to judge how free a place is in general. I'm not really the "type" in a lot of other ways and really don't like actual violence at all, so perhaps she sees it as a sort of corruption, or simply a diachotomy. I'm a photofag, writefag, and I like cute animals; I guess she didnt expect me to go so far to the bottom right of the spectrum and isn't clear on why I did. My father and grandfather were part of that, but not all of it. I've been into rocketry, various forms of flying, and building from the beginning. My state and county was fairly hostile to those things, so I started hitting everything -i-want-to-do-is-illegal walls pretty early on. I think that's what really built my sociopolitical philosophy. The other influences were mostly ways of describing and understanding it
>>
>>32845437
>Ausfag
>Into military stuff, including guns
>Parents put up with it with an air of 'son I am disappoint'
>regularly told games we played (irl and vidya) were too violent
>~11, dad gets me to come out bush for his 35th
>Meet his mates and their kids an hour from the nearest town (WA norwest, mostly desert)
>Hand out earplugs and start unpacking the ute
And that was how I shot a 22 rifle and my dad's heirloom 12g coach gun for the first time. Also when I learned he had a shotgun passed down from his great granddad
>best friend got scope bite
>I dislocated my shoulder from accidentally firing both barrels
>us kids were annoyed they wouldn't give us a turn with the Lee Enfield
>good day
And yet, because this was 98 and post NFA, no options for me to take up shooting as a hobby in buttfuck nowhere

Fast forward 20 years, 10 of them trying to understand how gun laws work, I have my own pistols and have introduced family to shooting. They're mostly uninterested but they've lost any antigun opinions

Bad end
>family moves, dad wants to leave the shotgun with me
>I'm paranoid about trying to keep within the law because handguns are heavily regulated and I don't trust coppers
>end up turning it down
>he gives it to his brother to hold onto
Guy's a farmer and is definitely profun, so it should stay in the family. Doesn't change the fact that Johnny Eyebrows done fucked this country
>>
>>32831973
So you went to some black market arms dealer bullshit or got your estranged uncle to buy them for you. Seems fishy
>>
>>32837057
Teach the kid gun safety.
>>
>>32840524
Did you go to the shooting class? Otherwise, fuck it.
>>
>>32842617
> friend brought AR-15 that's super illegal in my sate
what
>>
>>32831834
Tell them you're gay and need a gun to stop queer bashing.
>>
>>32831869
>"people who collect weapons get the uncontrollable urge to use them"

He is kinda right. Ever since I got my funs I have a strong urge to go to the range all the time.
>>
>live with dad
Wastes money on toys when he could be building a manly independent life.
>>
>>32840625
>>32840524
Sounds like we're only getting your side of the story, sociopath.
>>
File: kys.png (224KB, 782x639px) Image search: [Google]
kys.png
224KB, 782x639px
>>32834403
>discharge it
>>
>dad actually believes that modern bullets have improved to the point where they bounce around inside a person and destroy them from within upon entry
>tell him its just a fast piece of metal
>he doesn't believe me
where do people come up with this outlandish bullshit?
>>
>>32831817
My mom has mixed emotions about firearms
She hated when I got an AR because it's scary and black
But when I bought an AK she said she was okay with that cause it had wood furniture and that made her feel comfortable like it was a simple hunting rifle
>>
>>32837516
When you give them the first payment, they'll only be looking for the second.
>>
>>32840697
Agreed.
>>
>>32831817
>dad grew up with airshit
>he was known and the village gangsta
>pushed the pigeons to the verge of extinction
>heavily into outdoors practically grew up in the woods
>fast forward
>he is very anti gun
>under no circumstances type of person
>also very selfish one
>made big family but the money he earns are only his
>"you were born the rest figure out yourself"
Needless to say growing up was difficult
>>
>>32835842
To be fair, in this current era, rents have gone way up and wages haven't kept up. The job market is also worse. Not really an excuse, I moved out 1 month after graduating high school. Just saying, in the past getting a job and being able to afford rent and other essentials was much easier.
>>
>>32836502

When I turned 18 I started renting a large house in the suburbs with five of my friends. We saved money for it during high school and were barely able to afford it whilst also all pursuing our interests.

Living in a house is pretty great, especially when you're a group of teenagers that yells a lot.
>>
it was actually the other way around at first for my family.
>Be me
>about 6
>Single mom
>meets stepdad
>they get married
>Im 12 at this point
>for their wedding, he gets me a shotgun
>single round, break action
>took it shooting
>kicked like a mule and loudness triggered my autism
>he got it for hunting
>learn that I hate hunting
>when I couldn't hit the deer target he yelled at me
>hate guns for a while
>get another shotgun
>regular pump action
>go bird hunting
>love it
>shoot my stepdads sks
>use tanerite target
>I love funs
>buy more guns
>now one of the cool father-son things I do is go to the range
>>
File: 1464117614210.png (50KB, 396x388px) Image search: [Google]
1464117614210.png
50KB, 396x388px
>>32844895
>>she unironically asks why I don't become a cop, since I'm so good at shooting
God I hate this one especially.

>Anon why don't you be a cop or join the military, you're so good with guns?
>Anon why don't you be a chef because you're so good at cooking?
>Anon why don't you become a particle physicist because you somehow figured out how to put together that newfangled computer thing for me with all the beepboops?
>>
File: 1483422136191.gif (984KB, 542x498px) Image search: [Google]
1483422136191.gif
984KB, 542x498px
>>32845449

this
>>
>>32833621
nah mine sat me down when was 8 and told me not to vote democrats because they dont want me to have these. "Shows me guns"
>>
>my parents are shit because they don't like guns
A parent's child will always be a child to them, so I could see why a parent wouldn't allow their child to get a gun. They think they're doing the right thing, which is alright I guess. Luckily my parents were redpilled
>>
>mother is little hippy woman, used to think muskets should be all we get
>Hillary runs for president
>during the time that it looked possible that she could win, mother becomes pro-gun
>begins buying guns
>now owns and built an AR
>commifornia ban on features of said gun
>she buys a "come and take it"

>dad now afraid of her because she refers to the AR as her baby and problem solver
>dad doesn't argue with her anymore
>>
>>32845793
woah man are you me?
>>
Hoplophobia is a serious mental illness.

It's due to xenoestrogen in everything and low testosterone.
>>
>>32848348

Two of those actually make sense.

Give me a shitty reply and I'll give you some life advice.
>>
>>32831817
>but sks and Shotgun
>wake up a morning
>guns missing
>uh nuuu
>go upstairs
>parents finger fucking my guns
>dad bayoneted an apple
>mom tells me when she used to target shoot
>dad shills 3 naught 3, 7mm and 22 250 to me
>parents now want to get thier licenses

Your parents are cucks. Get better parents.
>>
>>32848735
Enjoying things as hobbies doesn't necessarily mean you'll want to make careers out of them though. I like cooking like that anon, but like hell I would want to be a chef with the insane amount of work they have to do.
>>
My dad has essentially no interest in guns, and seems a little bit antigun.

My mom grew up shooting, but stopped for decades until last week when she wanted to try out my 9mm.

My grandfather on the other hand, has quite a few guns, and gave me my first and third guns.
>>
File: ChineseCartoons.jpg (116KB, 743x605px) Image search: [Google]
ChineseCartoons.jpg
116KB, 743x605px
>>32849023

tell ur dad to stop being a cuck
>>
>>32835358
>How can those of you 18+ still live with your parents.

>No rent, giving me a good place to stay at while I go to Uni
>Gun positive
>Still have my little sister here, and I help out/babysit while they go out
>Just help with chores a bit and they won't mind that I'm halfway through college and still here
>Teaching them how to shoot bows/guns
>Be the biggest and heaviest one here, have an obsession with guns/knives, and know taekwondo, so mother feels safer with me here (not that much happens here)
>She feels better knowing I'm not off doing stupid shit like my brother

Lots and lots of reasons to stay home past 18
>>
just had this conversation 2 minutes ago

>how do you feel about firearms mom?
>believes everyone should have the right to protect themselves
>but shouldn't give a gun to every tom,dick and harry without training

bretty cool mom
>>
>>32848904

It's all about how you can make shit work for you. It's all about how much you really like the technical subject and what you're willing to do to involve yourself more with it.

If you're willing to work your way higher and higher in LE, you can play with LE-only guns and shoot stuff and kick doors.

If you're willing to work hard enough as a chef, you can also achieve a cushy position in a big-money player or start your own joint.

It varies by personality type, experience, personal preferences, etc.

But it's not all retarded shit.
>>
>>32835998
It's not uncommon. When I was 13 or so my mom told me I was going to grow up to be a serial killer because my teachers all said I didn't talk much.

She can chew glass.
>>
my grandmother is anti-gun because her dad threatened to shoot her when she was kid or something idk. My mother is pro-gun, but doesn't really care for them.
My dad is also pro-gun despite having an older sister who ended up accidentally killing herself while playing with a loaded pistol.
>>
>>32837480
>parents gave kid actual gun to play cops and robbers

I kek'd
>>
File: 1458722161276.png (273KB, 270x551px) Image search: [Google]
1458722161276.png
273KB, 270x551px
>>32831817
Thank god no. My dad has a pretty fine collection (although he doesn't seem to like shooting as much), and he pretty much enabled me to get into guns. My mom doesn't care what we own, but she used to be pretty against "assault weapons" being legal. About 75% sure I've managed to change her mind with my autism though.
>>
>>32850986
I believe they call that a felony
>>
>>32835358
College. And the fact that they don't want me to move out for another couple years so they know I'm ready. I'm not complaining much, we mostly get along and I won't refuse free cooking and housing.
>>
>>32834365
pay your parents back the money they lent you
>>
File: Absolutely Perfect.jpg (124KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Absolutely Perfect.jpg
124KB, 640x480px
there is a reason why when you see a glock
you think
>PERFECTION

>babyhands will complain

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gT2DdFSuMi8&t=329s
>>
>>32835358
because i have a good relationship with my parents
>>
>>32851180
fucking normie
>>
>>32848059
How long did it take for one or more of them to stop keeping up their share of the bills?

I'm a little older than my roommates but I wouldn't trust someone who wasn't family (or very very close life long friends, so like my best friend of 21 years) to that level. Luckily the complex I live in does individual leases.
>>
File: I was only pretending guys haha.jpg (295KB, 900x681px) Image search: [Google]
I was only pretending guys haha.jpg
295KB, 900x681px
>mother robbed at gunpoint at young age, scared by guns
>"I want to try skeet shooting!"

>dad is just scared by guns, by his own words
>whenever I'm cleaning them after a range trip he'll come down and fuck with them
>one time he grabbed my arisaka, snapped the bayonet onto it, and then ran outside with it to stab the fuck out of watermelons in the garden, to the horror of my mother.

I don't fucking get them. I had to fight them tooth and nail to allow me to keep the guns I've bought myself in the house until I move out. Now my mother is trying to get me to take her skeet shooting and my dad does banzai charges on fruits.
>>
>>32851623
gib arisaka pls
>>
>>32851641
What
>>
>>32851679
give me the arisaka please
>>
>>32851700
Why would I give you my great-uncles war trophy. Fuck that shit nigga, heirloom status.
>>
>>32851721
alright well I hope you enjoy it thoroughly pal
>>
>>32851811
Oh trust me, I do. It's a tack driver at 100 yards. Only complete is the ammo prices for 7.7x58
>>
>>32848735
As someone who has worked in restaurants, and enjoys cooking. I will never work in another restaurant if I can help it, restaurant work is hard, disgusting, unthankful work, 8 hour shifts actually mean 11 hour shifts where you get no breaks and are expected to perform flawlessly at a speed that makes usain bolt look like a 400 pound guy looking through every shelf in walmart
>>
>>32831817
My dad is the type where
>you only need a gun for hunting
>Conceal carry is wrong, it isn't Christian to kill people even in defense
>Nobody needs a semi automatic(rifles and pistols), they make me sick with the damage those things can do

mfw I want an AR15 sbr with an Echo trigger, plate carrier, a D3CR chest rig, etc.

mfw I am not even allowed to own a Ruger 10/22

It is just me and my nugget until I can move out.
>>
>>32845449
I don't think it's his kid anon
>>
>>32831817
My stepdad is anti gun and my dad is a fudd. My stepdad freaks out about me just owning a nugget and a Steyr ruckzuck, I wonder how he would feel about the fact that I plan to buy a 1911. When I was younger my dad and I used to hang out and talk about guns but he is really a total fudd and knows very little about how they really work or what different rounds are capable of. My mom is very pro gun but she has very little practical shooting skill.
>>
>>32833804
Same, it's addicting.
>>
>>32834365
You are seriously a piece of shit.
>>
>>32834365
You piece of shit, pay them back.
>>
File: 1418808494213.jpg (28KB, 335x333px) Image search: [Google]
1418808494213.jpg
28KB, 335x333px
I leveled up my dad from total anti to fudd, but honestly I think that's as good as it's gonna get.

Rest of family is stereotypical braindead anti.
>>
>>32844277
Been out of the house since I turned nineteen four years ago. Don't owe anyone a god damned thing.

It's easy to be self-sufficient if you're not an absolute fucking train wreck of a human being.
>>
>>32837516
You never, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, EVER give money to relatives.

Nothing good EVER comes of it.

Don't give money to someone you want to continue having any sort of positive relationship with.
>>
>>32837806
>>32837688
It's god damned amazing that after less than a hundred years, German citizens ACTUALLY believe they're safer if only the military and police had guns.
>>
>>32855203
God damn, I wish that show was good after the first or second season.
>>
>>32849844
Not this anon but I have no intention of pressuring my kids to move out. Quite the contrary, I want them to stay with us forever.
>Buy land in the country
>Every year purchasing more to expand
>by the time my son is of age plenty of room for him to purchase a home and put it on the land
>when I am old I can stay in my home but have the security of having my kid check on me
>Kid has privacy and security in owning his own home
Honestly families used to stay together, it's high time we went back to that.
>>
>>32845449
not my kid dipshit, it's my step sister
>>
>>32855896
Krautanon here. Well german citizens also owning a blank gun is legit self defense....
Don't feel sorry for us Germans if we get royally fucked over. It was hard work to fuck shit up so badly.
>>32845455
Well it's regulated as hell but as a law abiding citizen the (full auto) sky is the limit.
Altough carrying your funs is a nono and if you use them in self defense you might also lube your ass for some huge federal dragon dildos.
>>
>>32846572
well who in their right mind just buys a sports car and looks at it in the garage all day?

damn right I want to use my guns, that's why I bought them. sometimes liberal logic astounds me.
>>
File: WP_20170110_17_28_07_Pro (2).jpg (2MB, 4809x2715px) Image search: [Google]
WP_20170110_17_28_07_Pro (2).jpg
2MB, 4809x2715px
>>32831817
my dad was exmilitary and appreciated my guns, but he was also kind of a fudd (he honestly believed that piston driven ars are unreliable and faulty compared to di). overall he was supportive, or at least as supportive as he ever is, he was kind of a bitter, neurotic cunt. he's dead now though, so it doesn't really matter.

my mom on the other hand is pretty liberal. she likes to act like she's open minded and fair, but at the end of the day she unabashedly consumes liberal media and it shows. she's pretty quiet about my gun hobby, but I get the feeling she just hopes I "grow out of it" someday.

bad news for her, I'm looking at gunsmithing courses. pic unrelated, I took it for another thread that died before I could post it.
>>
>>32840625

Shit like that makes me so mad anon. Sorry you had to deal with those two chucklefucks.
>>
>>32857513

>he honestly believed that piston driven ars are unreliable and faulty compared to di

Your dad wasn't a fudd, he just did more research than you.
>>
>>32857545
I'm not disputing that he was correct or not, maybe I wasn't clear.

He had perceptions and opinions that weren't based on personal experience or research, but rather "oh, that's garbage, you should only ever use this it's perfect anyways"

Basically if he didn't agree, you were wrong
>>
My parents don't tolerate firearms in their house. It's not unreasonable, though. One of my brothers is pretty unstable.
>>
>>32831817
>Both parents be from the country, but moved to the city
>Both relatively anti-gun
>Go to the country to see my grandpa
>"Anon, time you learned to shoot shit"
>Have a fucking awesome time
>Go home
>Expect parents to be mad
>"Did he teach you gun safety? Yes? Good."
They're OK with guns as long as I'm not a fucktard basically. I'm currently planning to start hunting, and they're slightly uneasy, but seem to be allowing it. Pretty fkn awesome. As long as I don't shoot myself in the foot, and do everything legally (which I'd do anyway), they don't really give a fuck.
>>
>>32845793
It's always puzzled me why women in general seem so universally predisposed against firearms rights. I wonder from whence that comes. 'S a shame, since they compose half the electorate.
>>
>>32835799

>moved away
>lived on my own
>went to school for a while
>joined military
>decide to try that NG life (sucks)
>family in shitty situation, mom and sister finally leaving abusive step-dad, grandfather has dementia and had to move in as well
>move back in so they don't have to struggle
>pick up good portion of rent, bills, attorney fees, recreational stuff for my sister, help my mom make it on her personal expenses

I've got a good enough job with some amazing offers on the table. The divorce is almost over, so I don't know if I'll go back to active, or accept one of the government jobs I've been offered and we can all work on our project, which is buying a nice farm that just came up on a lot of land with one main house and a smaller bunkhouse. The idea is that we all go in, then use the land for profit and recreation. Since they don't have anything anymore, I'd love to help build a legacy for my little sister and mother, as well as returning my grandfather to his natural habitat (he raised me on a cattle farm).
>>
>>32833621

My Dad is supportive of myself and my choices, but he's the same weird liberal/conservative mix

He also has zero survival skills, being from California

But I don't have any either

>At least I have my guns
>>
>>32834546

I like these feels
>>
>>32831817
European here, father is pro-guns, mother is afraid of guns but was ok with me owning weapons while I lived with them. She's also afraid that I snap and go blast mudshits in the streets since she know I hate them so much
>>
>>32831817
Oh god yes and OH GOD, YES. Not for too much longer, though.
>genuinely believes civilians shouldn't be allowed to own guns
>guns kill people
>muh salt rifles
>muh 30rd assault clips
>muh chilluns
And the hilarious part is she used to be a crack shot when she was a kid, but now she's the quintessential liberal soccer mom- 5 kids, shitty tattoos, landwhale, drives a minivan (and has done so since back when there were only 2 kids), muh genders and muh body positivity. At least she's retained enough sense to be against the "kill all men" bullshit and doesn't buy into muh patriarchy, at least not any more than what's mostly true. Still, she's beyond saving.
>>
>Be /k/anuck with American blood.
>Guns and military fascinate me.
>Parents cool with my interest, dad also into World War II stuff.
>Uncle takes me shooting, instant want.
>Get books, get my PAL and RPAL.
>Parents not cool on the idea of buying guns.
> Abide their wishes, will always have cool uncle with guns.
>Fast forward to 2015
>Taking friend to gun range for his birthday.
>See perfect condition Mosin Nagant at their shop.
>190.00 for it, comes with all the bits.
>Know parents wouldn't approve but it's WW2 gun and classy af.
>Go shooting to think about it, fire off M4, buddy fires a bunch of hand guns.
>Know I have money to burn, so I finally break down and buy the gun.
>PAL comes in handy, I get gun, can't find case as they only have Uber expensive ones.
>Have gun in cardboard box, can't get the fact I bought a Soviet rifle out of my head.
>Have trouble getting it into car, have to drop seats and cover with blanket.
>Get home after dropping friend off, stash the gun under bed.
>Realize that might not work and toss it into shed outside.
>Don't speak a word of it for a year.
>Mid 2016, finally decide to tell parents.
>Smart with dad, he's cool about it and surprised I did it.
>Says I have to tell mum.
>ohboy.jpg
>Muster super courage and tell her, she asks to see it.
>with dad support, show mum big rifle.
>Dad is amazed at it, mom isn't too happy.
>Explain to her what it is, history and care required, tell her I will not buy ammo and had bought it because history.
>She agrees to let me keep it, no ammo for it.
>Move out end of 2016, take glorious rifle with me, now have a lock and rifle bag for it, still no ammo.
>too pristine, feel bad to shoot.
>bought a good Bubba sport lee enfield to shoot.
>Next need a safe.
>uncle says he might sell me a classy SKS for money needs.
>Feels good.
>>
>>32834365
I hope a squib blows up your favorite gun.
>>
File: 1449434811883.gif (1MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1449434811883.gif
1MB, 320x240px
>>32831817
>Lived with both
>dad doesn't care as long as I don't do stupid shit
>mom is against it because of irrational fear
>still gave me the enlistment paper for the shooting range even though she could have put it in the trash without me ever knowing
>she even comes to my shooting competitions
Well I guess I'm okay
>>
>>32831817
Mom
>used to go deer hunting
>had abusive ex husband who pointed her rifle at her at one point
>sold it
>her brother still took me hunting
>she still totally supports it, it's just not for her anymore
>bought me a 10/22 last year
>has me shoot rabbits because they fuck around in her garden
>her husband is fudd extreme

Dad
>was always the rich guy type of conservative
>not sure if he even handled a gun before I did
>never thrilled about them, never hunted
>has a brother in Cali with sizable collection (I've only heard about it)
>snackbars start snackbaring
>his church friends all convince him to get CC so he doesn't get snackbar'd
>now he occasionally skeet shoots, and CC's a Glock 43
>his wife wears a S&W M&P hat errywere

I much prefer the huntin fudd side to the a-rabs are gonna get us side. Because at least they're not all cringy about it.
>>
>used to go to idpa/uspsa matches with dad as a kid
>guns were me and dads thing, riding around the state to compete in matches or buy a gun we found on armslist
>stock up and thousands of rounds of ammo and mags for days
>eventually get older, grow distant from parents for a while
>reconnect and start talking to parents again
>parents have shifted further left and I have gone more conservative.
>get into a conversation with family about gun control
>mom starts asking why I need anything over a 10 round mag
>dad joins in agreeing with her
>the same man that years earlier would drive clear across the state with me to go buy a new gun or buy a case of mags at a time
>my heart just broke in that moment

Life is suffering
>>
>>32837641
Revolver Ocelot?
>>
File: Revolver Ocelot.png (308KB, 680x682px) Image search: [Google]
Revolver Ocelot.png
308KB, 680x682px
>>32859110
Revolver Ocelot
Thread posts: 214
Thread images: 27

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.