[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

You capture your own Star Destroyer

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 117
Thread images: 10

File: Errant_Venture.jpg (55KB, 588x298px) Image search: [Google]
Errant_Venture.jpg
55KB, 588x298px
What do you do with it?

Keep in mind, its crew requirements are huge at 37,000.
>>
>>32831715
Crash it with no survivors.
>>
>>32831715

I'd use it for cargo transport.
>>
How much of that crew is actually necessary though? Terrorize an earth like planet into submission probably, even without a crew Just the scrap value alone should allow me to live like a king.
>>
>>32831715
Figure out how to glass the middle east and turn my attention to the following countries/areas in po particular order; china, india, pretty much all of africa, and any place with a high concentration of liberals so california would burn then maybe do some other fun things.
>>
Sell it to Boeing/Lockmart/whichever U.S. defense contractor offers me the most so they can reverse engineer and mass produce them. We United States of Space nao.
>>
take put hutts and space israel
>>
File: what_am_I_looking_at.png (253KB, 1033x732px) Image search: [Google]
what_am_I_looking_at.png
253KB, 1033x732px
>>32833017
>>
it would be easier to sell it if it's after endor and I can get in touch with a warlord or NR.
>>
>>32831715
equip it with weapons, shields, transporters etc. found in Daedalus -class & use the ship to capture a couple more, then after fitting them with the same systems take out Russia's whole nuclear arsenal from orbit & force Putin to return all of the lands Russia has annexed in last 100 years, *without* the current population because we have already seen what happens when neighboring countries find themselves with a Russian minority.
>>
>>32831715
Put the 4chin servers on board (upon threat of vaporizing Hiroshimoot) invite all of /k/ aboard and have a giant floating death /k/ompound. Float around, jerk off, and loom like a spectre over various countries until they either create better laws or get lit up.
After the world is free to be hasguns, rip around the solar system and have sweet spess adventures with /k/.
>>
>>32833702
>take thing, equip it with things from a separate fictional universe

Replace the reactor with a Green Lantern power battery while you're at it.
>>
>>32831715
Paint a giant penis on it.
>>
File: 1479883445733.jpg (55KB, 640x663px) Image search: [Google]
1479883445733.jpg
55KB, 640x663px
I would use the massive power generator to establish an energy company and make tons of money. Once I have enough money, I hire and train the best soldiers/technicians/engineers etc. to man the star destroyer and use it to dominate the world and unify it under my military dictatorship. Then the world starves and there are violent uprisings because I don't know how to lead. After that, I dunno. Hookers and blow, I suppose.
>>
Threaten bombardment unless the Hughes Amendment is immediately repealed.
>>
>>32831715

First thing I'd do is try to enlist the droid workforce aboard the destroyer to try and rig it to be as automated as possible. Obviously I'm not going to be able to launch ground assaults or waves of TIE fighters, and I'm not even touching the hyperdrive without a team of astrophysicists helping me out; I just want to be able to get this bastard to fly where I want it, establish communication with Earth, and work the turbolasers and shields.

Then it's a simple matter of giving the nations of Earth an ultimatum: You're running things my way now, or you die. I can rain hellfire down on whomever I choose, and the entire human race is powerless to stop me.
>>
>>32831812

Skeleton crew is only 5k.
>>
Paint it red. Make it a mobile black market in space. Some sort of arrant venture, if you will.
>>
>>32831715
I'll need more context.
How the hell did I capture a Star Destroyer ?
Do I have allies ?
What happened to the previous crew ?
>>
>>32831888

I really doubt Earthlings could reverse-engineer Imperial tech.
>>
>>32834239
Watch out, we got a wild Karrde over here.
>>
space /k/arrier
bombard the middle east
hide it in the urals or siberia
>>
If it's armed with a skeleton crew of imperial engineers and officers, I'd SeaLand the fuck out of it and fill the rest of the crew roster with /k/ommandos
We will eventually become a self sufficient society
Shit, I'm sure some of you faggots know enough botony to turn the hangers into part time gardens. We could even set up trade deals to receive things we need to survive in exchange for not blowing the fuck out of everyone.
>>
>>32836103
You'll need to tone the turbolasers down a bit, their output is in the gigaton range.
>>
All this talk of people hovering over Earth threatening countries and shit. Guys..what if bullets and missiles just punch through deflector shields like they were nothing? Shields in Star Wars are designed to deflect energy weapons..
>>
>Assemble crew however possible, from 4chan if necessary.
>Grab SKS
>Go innaSPACE
Resources, discoveries, and cartography sold back to Earth governments

Do I get a tie fighter compliment?
>>
>>32836734
>tfw my star destroyer is knocked out of orbit by some goatfucker's rpg.
>>
Develop transporter technology like in Star Trek. Beam opposing forces into space before battles even begin.
>>
Why does it need a human crew? They have droids.
>>
>>32831715
>Keep in mind, its crew requirements are huge at 37,000.

We need droids, thousands of them
>>
I'm a get some space weed, then some space pussy, then I'm going to go kill those fucking Ewoks.
>>
>>32833702

Fuck off, Russia is pretty cool. USA, UK and France are the real faggots
>>
>>32831715
Happened in extended universe.

Some smuggler got a hold of one somehow, obviously it would be equivalent of if a guy suddenly owned an aircraft carrier (no way to maintain it whatsoever)

So he just parked it in orbit along a busy trade route and set it up as an orbital trade outpost that was the only refueling and resupplying outpost in a pirate infested area, since its guns, shields, and armor made it impervious to pirate raids.
>>
>>32836936
Rodger rodger
>>
File: 1482505699843.jpg (26KB, 540x960px) Image search: [Google]
1482505699843.jpg
26KB, 540x960px
What about finding a crashed Star Destroyer, hiring a bunch of mechanics to restore the reactors just enough to provide power to the ship, and just use the remains of the ship as a fortress?
>>
>>32836091
kek i see what you did there
>>
>>32836968
Kill yourself, Igor Ivanslav
>>
>>32836018
U wot mate?
>>
>>32836968
>russian detected
>>
>>32836734
stay in orbit and keep moving. obliterate their sats if necessary.

If they threaten to nuke, target their silos. Their locations are pretty easy to find, and are even published.

You set an example, make them fight each other (use your scan to do a dick move like reveal all Chinas sub locations, or pick a civilization to be your sponsor and give them unfair advantages just to play the earth against itself)
>>
>>32837523
Give a caveman an AR15 and he'll use it as a club.
>>
>>32836734
>forgetting about particle shields
Did you think they just let their shit get torn up by proton torps and micrometorites?
>>
>>32831715
Do whatever I can to the best of my abilities that will kill as many Muslims as possible.
>>
>>32836734
>>32837565

Our weapons are useless against an imperial star destroyer. There was a story in the old expanded universe about a destroyer that came across a world that was populated for the survivors of a crash long ago and had only reached a 20th century level of technology. They just hung out in orbit, letting the people of this world fire nuclear ICBMs at them, splashing uselessly against their shields.
>>
>>32836968
>t. Slavcuck
>>
>>32836734
You do know they have shields in the star wars universe that can easily deflect bullets.

Small chunks of rock flying though space at thousands of miles per hour are basically bullets anyways
>>
>>32836018
It would take a while, but I think we could do it
>>
>>32837627
Why was the Super Star Destroyer in Empire reluctant to enter the asteroid field then?
>>
>>32837823

Size and shear volume of asteroids.
>>
>>32834239
>paint it red
Where are you gonna get the money for all that red paint?
>>
sell it to the government for a gorillion dollars and use that money to retire and shitpost on the internet all day
>>
>>32837823
probably hiding fighters and shit
>>
>>32837601
Nah man its the japs you gotta watch out for
>>
>>32831715

>get star destroyer
>keep all turrets/weapons online
>reduce it to only a couple squads worth of fighters
>use all that room to put in strip clubs, bars, brothels, shooting ranges, restaurants, etc.
>install sheriff's office
>star destoryer is now a mobile town
>call it "freedom land"
>cruise from place to place, allowing anyone with enough space cash to come on board and enjoy freedom
>what happens in freedom land, stays in freedom land
>20-30 thousand permanent resident of freedom land living the fucking dream
>>
>>32831715

Piracy.
>>
File: 1485374284653.png (139KB, 497x317px) Image search: [Google]
1485374284653.png
139KB, 497x317px
>>32831715
i dunno take over earth have sex with hot celeb women

rule over earth with a fare but iron fist
>>
>>32836386

>their output is in the gigaton range

Haha, uh, what version of Star Wars did you watch?
>>
Are we restricted just to ISD's here? I've always had a strange hardon for the Victory class myself
>>
"Attention, United States government. The right of the people to carry and bear arms shall not be infringed, or I turn D.C. into a glass parking lot."
>>
>>32837945
>bars, brothels, strip clubs
Disgusting.
>>
>>32831715
reverse engineer the hyperdrive and the engines.

then explore space with lots of smaller, more practical vessels. Conquer the galaxy.
>>
>>32837823
because

A: Hoth asteroid field is ridiculously packed and hazardous by irl asteroid standards

B: its a lot of time to find them

C: even minor damage is a hassle.

Consider that in the following scene later the bounty hunters were on the bridge of Vader's ship, which means those hunters had to come from all over the galaxy to bumfuck nowhere, while Luke was doing P90x with Yoda. Those asteroids were probably bombarding the ISDs for at LEAST hours, or even days straight.

Even an m1 abrams crew would probably be hesitant to let their tank just sit and get plinked by random calibers for literally days non stop.
>>
>>32831715
>>32834232
>>32831812
Boba Fett flew one by himself.
>>
>>32838093
Getta load of this faggot over here.
>>
>>32831715

Sell it
>>
>>32837872
>not using seemingly infinite power to run the government

It's almost like you want to be a normal civilian.
>>
>>32838332

No amount of cash would be worth the power you'd willing be surrendering.
>>
>>32838452
This.

Here's the plan:

1- Send an asteroid towards Earth. This will be important.

2- announce to the people of Earth that I am here. This will not be a threatening message.

3- Destroy the asteroid effortlessly, just wipe the floor with it. Demonstrate to nations the awesome power of this battleship while low-key making citizens think I'm a hero.

4- Make under the table agreement with the government of my choosing. The next day, while I can still keep the ship in relative stability (ie., it hasn't broken down yet) I wipe the capability of enemies of that nation, and perhaps a nation or two of my choosing. In exchange, I demand infrastructure to being making a droid army.

5- Droid army is now crew. They are supervised and QC'd by the existing droids I have to ensure no funny business from Earth Monkey-model droids.

6- I chart nearby cosmos, return and sell maps. Offer to take small groups of colonists to other worlds. Slowly sell of the technology. By the time they can build their own ISDs, I'd have already achieved life goals in shaping the earth in my image.

I then retire to some wild-west colony with robots and gats and /k/ommandos and drive the ISD on sundays.
>>
>>32831715
Post princess Leia's tits with timestamp.
>>
>>32833702
Or just have a bit of fun with it by turning the following countries into glass in no particular order: Romania, Ukraine, Latvia, Lithuania, Estonia, and Poland. That solves two problems, gets rid of all the trash in the area and removes the only reason for Russia's military buildup.
>>
>>32839047
filthy Russki detected
>>
>>32833744
nah, go with a yellow. it'd recharge simply by parking itself in orbit.
>>
Ooga booga where the green women at?
>>
>>32839047
You'd accomplish the same thing by just glassing Russia proper.
>>
>>32838008
that one.
http://www.stardestroyer.net/tlc/Power/

literally autism: the page, but it's a fun read.
>>
GUYS

How the fuck do you get people up to the Star Destroyer? Rockets are fucking expensive. 5,000 people is 1,666 Soyuz flights assuming you can send them down unmanned. Not to mention all of the food and other supply launches necessary to support a crew of that size.
Phase 1 would be to send all your information and parts to NASA or whatever and tell them to start building craft that can supply you or else you will vaguely aim it in the direction of the United States
>>
>>32839435

Star destroyers have a lot of support craft in their hangers, including shuttles.
>>
use the unimaginably powerful navigational systems on board to position it perfectly so that my old neighbour doesn't get any sunlight in his garden.
>>
>>32831715
you need 37,000 highly qualify people i dont think you can find them that easy
>>
>>32839450

Specifically 72 TIE fighters, 8 Lambda-class shuttles, and 15 troop transports.
>>
File: InvisibleHandStarboard-FF.png (514KB, 1550x720px) Image search: [Google]
InvisibleHandStarboard-FF.png
514KB, 1550x720px
>>32831715
I'd sell it, then buy a providence destroyer and the droids needed to operate it. Boom. I win.
>>
>>32839450
>>32839482
It just says you get a Star Destroyer, not a Star Destroyer with everything that is inside (since you apparently don't get the crew either)
>>
>>32839476

37,000 is the full compliment, including troops, pilots, support staff, the whole deal. You don't need that many to just run the ship.
>>
First thing, have a true CIC that mirrors the bridge built deep inside it by the droids so no A-Wing or stolen TIE ruins my day.
>>
>>32839543

Why? That's a bizarre restriction to put on this scenario. An imperial star destroyer is just as much an aircraft carrier as it is a, well, destroyer.
>>
>>32831879
I would nuke the entirety of the USA for lulz.
>>
>>32839476
Then sell it for money to hire 37,000 people.
>>
>star destroyer
>can't even destroy stars
>>
>>32839578
I don't see why it isn't just as reasonable, if not more reasonable, to find and "abandoned" aircraft carrier without the aircraft complement than it would be to find it with all the planes and helicopters stowed aboard.

Also it definitely had to have been abandoned if you were to capture it. Presumably the crew had abandoned ship, likely taking all the fancy small craft in addition to the escape pods.
>>
>>32839637

The title is that we captured a star destroyer, not found it. Let's assume we found a way to depressurize the ship, killing everyone aboard.
>>
>>32836091
I guess I'm just a bit Jaded.
>>
>>32839790
I guess Phase 1 would be to start hauling the 37,000 corpses to the nearest airlock before they start rotting
>>
>>32839829

Probably a good idea. Maintenance droids could help out. And you'd want to get the code cylinders off the officers, anyway.
>>
>>32833702
You sir. Have a severe case of autism
>>
>>32831715

droid crew

its not going to take many actual people to command and maintain it

> the crew of the Serenity could handle it most likely
>>
>>32840377
I imagine a Imperial Star Destroyer is like a MEU here on Earth. Many of the crew compliment would probably be divisions of storm troopers for raiding parties, tie pilots and maintenance crew, gunners, etc.

A skeleton crew could manage it for a bit, but probably couldn't maintain it.

>Serenity

As long as they don't curse in that weird hybrid Chinese.
>>
>>32831715
I would activate its basic automation and take it to high orbit. From there I would obliterate all non-western major cities, cripple India and China's supply network to incite catastrophic famines, de-nog all of Africa, and level Toronto.

It wouldn't matter if the subsequent nuclear retaliation destroyed me (would nukes pen SD shields?)
I would have already saved the human race from itself for another 50-100 years.

Victory.
>>
>>32840873
>de-nog Africa
>level Toronto
The hero we need
>>
>>32840873

>(would nukes pen SD shields?)

As previously stated, no. As long as you've got those shields up, you're safe from anything Earth can throw at you.
>>
File: 1362671640243.jpg (5KB, 126x126px) Image search: [Google]
1362671640243.jpg
5KB, 126x126px
>>32834239
>>32836091
I love you /k/
>>
Clone tanks... Answer is all ways clone tanks...
>>
Okay, assuming I just kinda find the friggin thing under my house so we can ignore the insane kinda force I'd have to muster to capture an active one in the first place as well as avoid thinking about how to live in another galaxy, and assuming it's in pristine condition for some reason so I don't have to figure out how to fix, fuel, and arm it, I'm sure I could convince enough angry dudes from all over the country to run the thing while I use it to blow up buildings owned by corporations I don't like while some financier bets against them in the stock market.

Provided the thing doesn't get hit by a billion jillion nukes from all the countries who don't want to be held hostage by a flying cheese wedge.
>>
File: 1481765180756.jpg (35KB, 716x716px) Image search: [Google]
1481765180756.jpg
35KB, 716x716px
>>32831734
Was that the next part of your master plan?
>>
>>32831715
Putt my pinky near my lips and tweet at Trump demanding $1 million billion qwagilion million dollars.
>>
>>32836018
>earthlings
Plot twist: the Empire sittled Earth ALONG time ago

>what do you have to say now, faggot?
>>
File: 1484486936929.jpg (29KB, 400x558px) Image search: [Google]
1484486936929.jpg
29KB, 400x558px
>>32831715
Sell it to the US government on the terms that I get a lifetime full commission in the as an admiral, a penthouse in the ship, and wooks on call to appease my desires.
>>
>>32831715
glass Africa and Southwest Asia, reduce populations of China and India
>>
>>32831715
Take it to the fringes of civilized space and use it to capture any vessel we come into contact with. Then we take that vessel's crew, rape them to death, eat their flesh, and sew their skins into clothing. And, if they're very, very lucky, we'll do it in that order.
>>
>>32837939
Jew detected.
>>
>>32831715
If i came into ownership of such a marvelous vessel, I'd do the only thing thats worth doing.

>Rape some rebels in a galaxy far far away.

I'm a Empireboo and would enlist today if they came by and recruit from earth.

Now on to a serious answer to a relatively serious question: i would make the empire great again. The empire died out long ago, and deserves a noble ship and crew to being her to life again. It's only right for such a ship to come to life again, roaring 80's rock and bringing justice and peace to the galaxies once again, in the hands of a mighty crew.

And who better than the entirety of the NFL, NBA, and the U.S Army. We don't want any gay fucks aboard our ship. I'd then build a star base with the money I'd get by selling off parts of the hull as large space billboards (sort of like a NASCAR), and slowley raise an empire greater than the Rockefellers. I would then proceed to skull fuck EVERY nation's navy as Space Bombardments would be my new ad campaign.

>"Come see the galaxy, with the NeggroMancer! Watch as the worlds navy's are destroyed from space! Witness the rape and murder of alien civilizations!
Join the Nigger Space Navy now!"

Speaking of which, right after i got it, i would name it the Nigger Space Ship, or NSS for short. It would be primarily a white fleet, but other races and species of aliens are welcomed to join, too. They should just know that i will be keepibg to the Empires tradition of White males as Higher ranking officers.
>>
>>32839627
It's called that because it travels the stars destroying stuff, not because it destroys stars. God you're dense.
>>
>>32831715
Disassemble. Research. Build something less stupid.
>>
>>32841781
don't forget to glue their bones to the bow
>>
I'd assume the Empire will come looking for their ship once it fails to report in. It would be prudent of me to prepare for their arrival and try to get in their good graces. Maybe if I'm lucky, they'll make me regional governor of the Sol system when they inevitably conquer it.

Unless, of course, I find a way to contact the Rebel Alliance. I bet they'd pay a shitload for a captured star destroyer.
>>
>sell it
>buy private moon innaspace
>shoot full auto laser funs for rest of life
>>
>>32841781
>2017 + X
>Flying without core containment
>>
>>32837945
You forgot the drug labs and the terrarium with synth dinosaurs
Thread posts: 117
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.