[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Knuckle duster CC?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

Got into an interesting legal debate today with a buddy and a good question came up (and I know this will vary state to state)

Does a CC permit cover something like brass knuckles (assuming your state has not banned them)?

For instance in Montana it is not illegal to own something like a set of brass knuckles, its just illegal to have them hidden on you and adds to charges if used in a crime.

The concealed carry law wording regarding permits here doesnt ever outright say you cant, but that doesnt always exactly mean its legal either.

So, does CC cover something like knuckle dusters? Could you get away with actually using them assuming you had a CC permit? Or would the reputation as a thuggish bottom barrel crime item get you fucked over?
>>
>>32831071
It is a weapon, it can be concealed, if it is not explicitly banned in your state it is covered as a concealed weapon. Georgia, Tennessee, Arizona, all examples of this.
>>
>>32831071
For context, I was telling a story about how the wannabe gangsta in my home town got popped with illegal carry because he used a set of knuckledusters to break a window during a burglary and me and my buddy got curious about their legality.
>>
>>32831071
>CC permit
I seriously doubt this covers knuckle dusters

>would you get fucked?
Yeah, probably.
>>
>>32831082
Well see, thats what my buddy said, but im kinda of the bent that if you had a set and used em to say, beat the shit out of a mugger and he was seriously injured or died if a jury might see it as excessivley brutish and try to frame you as a dangerous unstable sort who WANTED to hurt somebody.

Kind of similar to how cops can get into trouble for having personally purchased weapons mods like laser sights or extended mags on the piece that they use in an officer shooting.

Like you use them properly but a lawyer pressing a lawsuit depicts you as having preplanned the event or somehow encouraged it to happen by using brass knuckles grey legal status to make you look shady.
>>
>>32831103
>I seriously doubt
Well too bad, because you're wrong. It's state dependent. Most of them allow it.

http://thelawdictionary.org/article/brass-knuckle-laws/
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.