[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

buying my first gun

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

File: 1911.png (706KB, 1200x782px) Image search: [Google]
1911.png
706KB, 1200x782px
yo guys so,Im gonna buy my first gun and I am heavily considering the Springfield EMP 4 9mm (pic related),I have been going to the shooting range since i was like 16 whit my dad so I have the basic experience whit handguns,Anyways i just wanna know what you guys think abouth it and if you have any recomendations on other guns I should look at before buying this I would apricciate it .
>>
>>32829481
The majority of compact 1911s are jam-o-matics and overpriced even if they did work. I can't speak for that one in particular but you may regret buying it.
If you want a 1911 platform, get a basic full-sized Rock Island GI model. If you want a compact pistol with a hammer and steel frame, CZ RAMI is great but so are some others.
>>
>>32829718
Is rock island a good company? I was wanting 1911 for my first gun too and I found one for 400 bucks
>>
>>32829746
its a cheap company. the guns function but arent really suitable for upgrade potential. as a gun its good enough
>>
Springfield is croatian garbage.

If you want a fun range gun, full size pistols are way easier to shoot. Rifles are even easier to shoot!
>>
Don't go cheap on your first gun. You're going to have it for most of your life in all likelihood, and it needs to be good enough to rely on. I'd recommend a P320 compact. If you can't afford it, just save up until you can.
>>
>>32829481
I would do plenty of research first and read reviews, but the EMPs are supposed to be nice guns.
>>
>>32829779
XDs are made in Croatia, most or all of their other guns are made in the U.S.
>>
>>32829746
>>32829763
RIA guns are lacking in fit and finish and will have a fair bit of looseness, slop, and rattle in them. This is fine. John Browning designed it as a military service weapon, not as a fashion accessory, and the wartime GI 1911s were also loose and sloppy. They're like the AK, more reliable when they're loose and have problems when they're too tight and forced into being precision instruments when the design was never intended for that.
>>
Springfield makes a good 1911 and I've heard very good things about the EMP. It's specifically built to be a compact and use 9mm so it shouldn't suffer from the "usual" problems. It might not be the best first gun, especially for carry, though, as it has a safety. I prefer SAOs but most people do not.
>>
I'm considering getting an EMP this year too. I would go on a forum like defensivecarry and see what the EMP owners have to say instead of listening to what people on here that have never shot one think.
>>
>>32829481
I believe the gun in that pic is the 3" not the 4" model.
>>
>>32829481

For a 1911, Springfield makes pretty good copies.

I'm partial to plastic toy guns in 9mm though.
>>
guys op here I want the emp 4 9mm as my carry gun does you guys have any other recommendations cause i most def dont want it to jam on the streets
>>
File: micro_9_stainless_285x312_1.png (113KB, 285x312px) Image search: [Google]
micro_9_stainless_285x312_1.png
113KB, 285x312px
I want the kimber micro 9 so bad....I hear they are shit though. But that aesthetic uggghhhhh.
>>
File: PI9229L_Featured.png (489KB, 1200x782px) Image search: [Google]
PI9229L_Featured.png
489KB, 1200x782px
>>32829481
If you're going to carry it I'd go for the CCO, I've been thinking about it but I'll see if they release a black slide version.

Don't forget, if the gun shits the bed SEND IT BACK.
>>
This seems like the right thread to ask. I just got a P938, how reliable is it as a carry gun, and micro-1911 style pistols in general?

I know Sig generally makes good shit (love my P226), but I can't find any info on torture tests or any reliability tests for the P938.
>>
>>32830773
Its the Solo 9 that is shit, the Micro 9 is breddy gud.
>>
>>32831382
Do your own test just get 200 rounds and fire all them off as fast as you can
>>
>>32831382
p938s are fine
actual micro 1911s meaning the cutdown ones firing 45acp are reliable for very short periods of time. youve got 0-500 rounds before the recoil spring of an officer shits itself and you want to replace it to maintain that 100% reliability. they can be very reliable but the longevity between maintenance is shit.
>>
File: muh P938.jpg (925KB, 1436x778px) Image search: [Google]
muh P938.jpg
925KB, 1436x778px
>>32831446
Yup, will do soon enough
>>32831461
Cool deal

Kinda wish there was a torture test video on Youtube of it, in the mud, water, sand etc. like the Military Arms Channel has for other guns. Not that it's the end-all kind of thing, I just find them entertaining.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.