[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ease of use guns

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 5

File: maxresdefault.jpg (176KB, 1616x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
176KB, 1616x1080px
New to /k/
What is the most idiot-proof gun available for home defense?
Least likely to jam or misfire, easiest to repair and clean, good stopping power without too much kick for a novice marksman.

Bonus points if it has nice spread.
>>
>>32829344
ar15
>>
Pump shotgun. Sure there are alternatives. But nothing gets an intruder running faster than the chakka of the pump. If you want to go for kill alone, get a side by side - it's possibly the simplest weapon mechanism since they invented sticks. Too much kick? Get a cal 16 instead of a cal 12.
>>
>>32829402
Fuck your bait
>>
Glock
>>
>>32829344

holy fuck OP... you ask this question and post an antiquated double barrel sawed off...

wtf?

If you live in the USA -> AR15

You can buy the shittiest one available and still learn to effectively shoot. If you had an inkling of military experience you could probably take out a sizable chunk of your local police force with it.

This is a meme topic.
>>
>>32829421

Slav boi, you thought I wasn't serious?
>>
>>32829421
Fuck your cancer posts
>>
There is no such thing as an idiot proof gun, just like there is no such thing as an idiot proof car. It's YOUR responsibility as a law abiding, responsible gun owner to learn how to use your firearm safely, and how to take care of it.
>>
The ultimate retard proof gun us and will always be the hammerless revolver.

No controls to fuck up, no safety to flick off, no hammer to fuck with, no limpwristing, just point and pull the trigger.

Only downside is low capacity and anemic rounds vs rifle and shotgun. But you didn't ask for that, you asked for idiot proof.
>>
>>32829455
I have never shot an AR-15 that could run properly. Always had issues with magazines, or from excess lubricant

Really, if you're looking for a rifle you can't fuck up, follow the wisdom used by people that tend to fuck everything up and use an AK
>>
>>32829651
>I have never shot an AR-15 that could run properly. Always had issues with magazines, or from excess lubricant
So it's the rifle's fault that you used shitty mags or drenched it in CLP? Hard to beat that logic.
>>
>>32829540
Obviously.
Just looking for something with simple as a novice.
>>
>>32829726
I'm saying that I've had more issues with the rifle as a result of shit that shouldn't go wrong with a rifle. Lubrication should not cause a firearm to cease functioning, and pickiness with magazines is clearly another flaw of the design. I'm stating that, in OP's case, the AR-15 is not the best gun for somebody that wants a rifle that won't fuck up, because an AR-15 can and will fuck up.
>>
>>32829771
I've never heard of an ar that fucks up from being over lubed. I was an absolute retard when I first got mine and ran it completely dry for the first 100 rounds. Then I completely drenched it in rem oil until I figured out what the fuck I was supposed to be doing.
>>
18.5 inch barrel Mossberg 500 with a full stock.
>>
>>32829832
Well I've had it happen with 3 different AR's so far this year. One was a PSA, one was a Daniel's Defense, and the other was a Ruger. Ballistol, CLP, Hoppes, and O-158 have all managed to clog these fuckers up unless they're spread so sparingly that it runs dry before finishing a magazine (if the magazines won't malfunction, which they will)
>>
>>32829651
>>32829771
Your a fucking tard.
If you want a gun that is easy to use, shoot and maintain an AR-15 is about the best out there.
>>
File: 12159836735.png (614KB, 671x683px) Image search: [Google]
12159836735.png
614KB, 671x683px
>>32829651
>Really, if you're looking for a rifle you can't fuck up, follow the wisdom used by people that tend to fuck everything up and use an AK
Funny!
>>
>>32829870
This is some meme shit right here.
>>
>>32829922
Yeah, so great, clearly I am just lying on the internet, and the AR-15 has never had the issues that I have presented. Nope, never happened, everything I witnessed never happened, and you are right just because you disagreed with me.
>>
>>32829964
Unless your running a fucking competition rifle where the tolerances are fucking microns you are not gonna have the problems that you are stating. That or your mags are missing springs.
I have put thousands of steel cased rounds through my rifle and its an 600 buck M&P.
>>
>>32830284
>One was a PSA, one was a Daniel's Defense, and the other was a Ruger

None of these are competition rifles. Your personal anecdote doesn't invalidate mine
>>
>>32829402
Thanks. I was thinking a side-by-side.

>>32829617
I never heard of a hammerless revolver. Thanks for the advice.

>>32829836
Why this model specifically?
>>
>>32829940
Daily reminder there are 50+ year old AKs still running in Africa used by people that live in mud huts and have never heard of things like "spare parts" or "lubricant".
>>
>>32830850
The AK is more reliable IF
>you're a slav
>you're a nigger
>you're either (or both) of the above and too dumb to maintain your rifle
otherwise

AR-15 IS SUPERIOR WEAPON
>>
>>32830874
>Thread topic is home defense for dumb/untrained people
>>The AK is more reliable IF
>>you're either (or both) of the above and too dumb to maintain your rifle

>>
>>32829455
>If you live in the USA -> AR15

Unless you happen to have Bloods as your next door neighbors to the left and Crips to the right, AR is overkill for home defense. Just buy a fucking Glock. Done.

As for the most idiot-proof gun, it's a single barrel break-open shotgun. Impossible to fuck up, impossible to ND. Wouldn't pick it for defense though.
>>
>>32830889
shut up
>>
>>32830918
>impossible to fuck up
You didn't cock it all the way, now you're dead.
>impossible to ND
You left it cocked and ND'd in the same way as literally any other firearm.
>>
>>32829726
I mean, OP asked for idiotproof. I'd think literally every single moving or changeable part would be a liability here.
so like a 15 dollar zipgun?
>>
>>32829870

3 AR-15s that fucked up, all different brands. The only common variable was (you). Sounds like you're too stupid to properly use a firearm.
>>
File: sheeeeeittt.png (13KB, 500x378px) Image search: [Google]
sheeeeeittt.png
13KB, 500x378px
>>32829344
This is just bullshit.

Pick a firearm and learn the basics of using it.

They don't make firearms for literal retards, OP.
>>
File: IcDjJBf.jpg (75KB, 800x739px) Image search: [Google]
IcDjJBf.jpg
75KB, 800x739px
>>32829617
dis desu
>>
>>32830952

Nope, because you keep it open. That's how it's the most idiot-proof thing ever: if it's open, it can't fire, and you can clearly see so. You only put in a round when you've decided to use it.
>>
>>32830990
>They don't make firearms for literal retards, OP.

Pretty sure literal retards are like the top target demographic actually.
>>
>>32831054
Good point.

One of these then:
https://www.thetrace.org/2016/01/chicago-crime-guns-chart/

>top guns seized by Chicago police officers
>>
>>32831094
>>
>>32831101
>>32831094
>>32831054
OP has his answer, the Ruger P89 is the most common firearm that literal retards use, followed closely by a .38 revolver.
>>
>>32831023
That applies to every firearm ever.
>>
>>32830889
If you're smart enough to post on 4chan you can maintain an AR-15.
>>
>>32829870
Jesus, AR fags BTFO
>>
>>32830471
Mossberg's have an ambidextrous safety and are very affordable.
>>
>>32829344
Is that a fucking 10 gauge?
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.