[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

got me my first lower receiver from the gunstore

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

As the name says I just paid 100 dollars in cash and got me this lower receiver.

While it is an AR15 lower receiver, it isn't made by colt but ruger instead which is all they had at the store.

I would like to know is what can I do with a ruger receiver compared to a colt receiver and what parts are interchangeable and non interchangeable with the ruger brand compared to the colt brand?

Can I simply use any other AR15 parts and kits for this or am I limited to ruger or specific parts and kits for this one?

Can I use any trigger group besides the ruger one for this lower receiver and can I use a direct gas impingement system set up instead of a piston set up?

Finally what are the pros and cons of this ruger lower receiver compared to colts lower receiver?

I'm a beginner to this and I just wish for some help and tips on this.

>Pic related is my ruger lower receiver.
>>
>>32828744
You fucked up.

Almost no one makes Ruger compatible parts these days.

You might as well sell it.
>>
AR15's are the lego's of the gun world. Any parts should work without any hitches. I have a spikes tactical lower. Anderson upper. Anderson barrel. BMC bolt carrier group.
>>
>>32828779
Nicely baited.
>>
>>32828744
As long as it's milspec, which I'm 99.9% sure it is, you can use just about any AR parts kit available with no issue. You might have to file a pin or something but just watch a Youtube video on how to put a lower together and you'll be fine. The only difference between most metal lowers is the stamps on them, there's little benefits or downsides to one brand over another. Look at Palmetto State Armory and Primary Arms for parts and whatnot.
>>
>>32828744
>100 bucks for a stripped lower by Ruger
>not getting that 79.99 blem lower from Aero
you messed up there OP.
>>
>>32828829
I've seen Andersons for like $40 on sale sometimes, but $100 seems to be the average for LGS lowers so I don't think he did too bad.
>>
>>32828812
On the stamp side it says "AR556" so I'm hoping that means I can use any milspec parts on it?
>>
Why is some guys saying he fucked up

What's wrong with ruger?
>>
>>32828852
You can just google Ruger AR lower and it'll tell you. But yes, it's milspec and uses small pins, which is the industry standard for most ARs so just about any LPK will work.
>>
>>32828744
POST ROLLMARK
>>
Here's my progress. Any recommendations?
>>
>>32828860
There is probably nothing wrong with it at all, however he did over pay for it, there are alot sexier rollmarks to be had for less than 100 bucks.
>>
>>32828852
yes.
one of the most popular aspects of the ar15 is how standardized and interchangeable parts are.
>>
>>32828876
>any recommendations?
Maybe an upper?
also take a black marker and cover up those dings in your finish form installing your bolt catch and trigger guard.
>>
>>32828744

What you should've done is used google, not make a shit thread.
>>
AR15 thread?

AR15 thread it is then!
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.