[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Silencer construction

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: Sig-Sauer-SRD762Ti-QD-3.jpg (37KB, 1200x591px) Image search: [Google]
Sig-Sauer-SRD762Ti-QD-3.jpg
37KB, 1200x591px
I'm looking into building a suppressor for a 300 blk. I'm thinking of using the sig welded core design. What are your thoughts?
>>
>>32828264
Fill out the appropriate paperwork and pay the tax.

Or come back after the HPA passes.

If ATF pls go.
>>
>>32828264
My advice is to wait a couple months in case the HPA passes
>>
>>32828264
You can make a pretty efficient suppressor by taking a 1 1/2" steel pipe (max length 8") and filling it with thick rubber o-rings (available at Home Depot, just find some that are at least 1/4" thick and fit snugly in the length of the pipe). Mark your shots, because the rubber will melt almost immediately, so you can't spray and pray.

It will wear out very quickly, I'd suggest using it for 2 shells max in a shotgun, but more realistically a revolver. After all, the point is to not be heard and not leave evidence, both of which revolvers excel at.
>>
Anyone know anything about those mag light solvent trap kits? I am interested in trapping solvent.
>>
Speaking of suppressors, i read wiki that some designs vent via ultrasonic whistles so the energy is beyond human perception.

Is this a meme? Any good suppressors actually use this?
>>
>>32828264
Have fun with your raid.
>>
I'm already sitting on an approved forum 1 so that's a non-issue.
>>
File: atf.jpg (29KB, 432x648px) Image search: [Google]
atf.jpg
29KB, 432x648px
>>32828264
>>
>>32828279

I refuse to wait for the HPA to pass. Either it passes and I get my suppressors out of jail early and tax stamp refunded, or it never passes and I still get my suppressors.

Meanwhile tons of people keep saying, "Wait for the HPA to pass." It probably won't even pass until 2018, and if it doesn't pass by the end of 2018 it won't pass at all. Don't get me wrong, I REALLY hope it passes, but just because the bill is floating around congress doesn't mean I'm gonna stop buying suppressors.
>>
>>32830834
i definitely think people have to be more realistic about the HPA.
people talk about it like we'll be able to buy suppressors by june.
>>
I'm a fan of K-baffle designs personally. Easy to build.
>>
File: 1482861745756.jpg (101KB, 1024x831px) Image search: [Google]
1482861745756.jpg
101KB, 1024x831px
>>32828264
>>
>>32828390
subtle troll, i like it
>>
>>32828546
A meme, yes. I've never seen any more than the odd noob on Silencertalk blabbing about this whistling effect. Designing for tone, sure. Higher or lower, depending on the shooter's preference. Some test louder than average but find more satisfied customers owing to the more pleasant sounding tone.
>>
>>32828264
File the form 1.

then realize that the material cost alone will be significant because inconel and titanium are expensive.

I recommend a titanium outer tube, here's a good source: http://www.titaniumjoe.com/index.cfm/products/tubing/

visit silencertalk dot com for ideas and tips.

Next if you want a light-weight and effective suppressor you'll need to have either titanium or inconel baffles. Inconel is a "superalloy" and is very hard to work with. Inconel is quite heavy, but is very strong, so it can be spread thinner and still have excellent strength. Thin baffles, excellent heat resistance and corrosion resistance.

But truthfully I would pick the material based on which is easier to weld, if you don't have fancy welding equipment then it limits your options.

How to work these materials without an abundance of heavy machinery might require some intuition.
>>
>>32834210
Do any companies coat the blast baffle with different materials to further dampen the tone or do they mostly not care about it?
>>
If you expect to weld titanium I hope you are or get gud at TIG or know someone who will do it discreetly.
>>
Just use a 1L water bottle and duck tape. It worked for Swagger.
>>
>>32828600
>There is no legal method for someone to manufacture an NFA item
>Whatsoever
>being this fucking gaytarded
>>
>>32828264
Empty plastic bottle works in the movies yo
>>
>>32832250
>more realistically a revolver
Not subtle at all
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.