[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What the shit is this? Compact weapon lights have baby lumens?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: sltlr4.jpg (245KB, 786x819px) Image search: [Google]
sltlr4.jpg
245KB, 786x819px
What the shit is this? Compact weapon lights have baby lumens? Anyone have experience with the TLR4? Is it worth sacrificing dem lumens for the more compact setup? Or should I stick with a TLR-2 HL?

Pistol has a 3.5" barrel
>>
>>32826468
They're for pistols with short rails like the PX4 Compact.

I wouldn't bother with them and just get a handheld light in the 300-1,000 lumen range. If I'm going to have added bulk on my carry gun, it's going to be something worthwhile like a TLR 2 HL or X300U.

What handgun is it?
>>
>>32826506
FNS-9c
I guess I'm going with the TLR-2 HL. I'm pretty sold on upgrading to a weapon mounted light. Aaron makes compelling arguments https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5Ii29Q89Sg

Also, why the fuck is the Inforce such low lumen so such a big light? Am I missing something?
>>
File: 123421342134.jpg (587KB, 1200x676px) Image search: [Google]
123421342134.jpg
587KB, 1200x676px
I has one >pic related
The light itself is fine. Not a fan of lasers so I never use it that feature. Would rather have the TLR-1 to save bulk. (This one was a gift. Mom&Dad's heart was in the right place).
>>
>>32826468
What the fuck?

A TLR6 is more compact and only has 25 lumens less.
>>
>>32826597
>I guess I'm going with the TLR-2 HL.

That would be my first pick for a TLR but it's not compatible with the shorter FNS9C rail light. A TLR-2/1 can only fit on a full size rail you would typically see on fullsize/compacts like this anon's gun >>32826639 while inversely, a light that he has would fit on the FNS9C but I wouldn't recommend them due to the fact that they're less durable than their fullsize counterparts.

Now that I mentioned more lumens=good, some informative resources that dive more into this. One of the videos is actually made by Aaron Cowan on the same channel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4q3YHn7Mnus&t

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cN2K7UhT6rk
>>
>>32826746
Thanks for taking the time to post this.

Well it seems I'm in a pickle.....
Given holster, light and weapon limitations, it looks like I can choose from a TLR4, Inforce APL, or surefire XC1.

The XC1 and APL both have 200 lumens, the APL is longer but about 1/2 to 1/3 the price.......
>>
>>32826904
Samefag OP again.
So given my option limitations, it looks like the Inforce is the best option. Anyone aware of alternative quality weapon lights of higher lumen that fit the form factor of some of the more popular lights?
>>
Whelp I went with the Inforce APL - now you guys can tell me how bad I fucked up.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.