[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Simple firearm improvement

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

File: image.jpg (8KB, 280x180px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
8KB, 280x180px
Why wouldnt an AK shoot faster if i just added another spring?
Or take the old wobbly soft one and added a stiffer one?
It cant fall off anyway.
Why am i the one to find a way to increase the rate of fire?
Why hast there been anyone as genius as i am for the last 50 years?
Any other simple brilliant ideas?
>>
The AK does not need a higher rate of fire dingus
>>
>>32823429
Get out
>>
Wouldn't the speed improvement you get when the spring slams the bolt shut be negated by the stiff spring compressing slower when the gases open the bolt? The higher spring forces would act in both ways
>>
We're reaching levels of noguns never before imagined.
>>
if you would higher the pressure by improving the chamber you could add a stiffer spring. But this would decrease the safety and precision of the weapon. I dont know how the railing if its called this way would work out if you compress it with smth.
>>
>>32823398
>Why am i the one to find a way to increase the rate of fire?
>Why hast there been anyone as genius as i am for the last 50 years?
You need to 18 to use 4chan.
>>
>>32823398

There was a YouTube video of a guy using elastic bands and he got a higher Rpm because his gun cycled faster with the right number of elastic bands. It was barely noticeable, but the high speed caught it.

So yeah, a slight change to the spring's strength could make it fire faster, but the moment you run into a round that's a bit too cold loaded for whatever reason, you fail to feed and you have to manually re-chamber.

The looser tolerances you have for a given cartridge's powder load, the more reliable the gun's operation will be.
>>
>>32824835
youre just using complicated words to sound smart in order to belittle my genius breakthrough in the firearm industry
Its not gonna work sweetie
>>
Because how much gas the gun is using to cycle the bolt is a much bigger factor that stiffnessof the fucking recoil spring you retard.
>>
>>32824835

And the spring strength is proportional to the powder strength. There are other factor to tweak but in short OP go watch some youtube videos of ak's running and educate yourself next time, you're not gonna be the next John Henry by pretending you know how to use an AK.
>>
>>32823398

It would cycle backwards slower but cycle forwards faster
>>
>>32824172
>Improving the chamber
You mean reaming out the gas port right? Why the fuck would you need to do that, the AK is overgased as shit anyway.

>>32823398
This>>32824835
>>
File: 1482292463490.jpg (40KB, 600x398px) Image search: [Google]
1482292463490.jpg
40KB, 600x398px
>>32823429
this desu full auto on 7.62 aks are a little ridic

maybe a 5.45 could benefit but why have FA settings that dump empty too fast to be effective? The AK was sort of designed after an SMG concept but if you wanted to use a 5.45 one like an SMG you would need to get a drum or maybe 9mm AK.
>>
>>32824861

In theory, variations in propellant should only be used to achieve an optimal muzzle velocity, with excess gas venting to operate the action. The spring strength is only varied enough to cycle the bolt, after the target velocity is achieved. So yes, the gas is a better factor to use, but that metric is being used to determine muzzle velocity.

I wish gas blocks and gas venting were more easily understood by noguns
>>
>>32823398
enjoy fte
>>
>>32823398

If you grind down the locking lugs in your AR-15 you'll have a full auto
>>
>stiffen recoil spring
>enlarge gas port for ridiculous overgas mode
>enjoy boosted fire rate
>enjoy torn case rims

винтoвкa oтличнo
>>
File: IMG_1515.png (105KB, 500x403px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1515.png
105KB, 500x403px
>ITT Anon thinks he's smarter than the gun designers of the past 70 years
>>
>>32824835
clearances, bitch
>>
Seriously, what the fuck is this shit?
>>
File: iQsdDkp.png (151KB, 483x359px) Image search: [Google]
iQsdDkp.png
151KB, 483x359px
>>32823398
>Your post
>>
Remove the hammer retarder.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62VWDBPu4E4&spfreload=10
>>
File: il_570xN.548039242_jqnp.jpg (141KB, 570x760px) Image search: [Google]
il_570xN.548039242_jqnp.jpg
141KB, 570x760px
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.