[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/k/ related movies and tv shows

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 13

Did anyone catch the first two episodes? What's the consensus?
>>
File: Screenshot_52.png (241KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_52.png
241KB, 400x400px
>>32823075
It bothers me how you don't see any leadership people giving them the orders for the clandestine ops they do. for example, in the first episode, Rip is liek, "hey guise, this hadji guy is mean. lets go kill him". Then they all just throw on their kit and go operating.

Where the fuck is the brass? Doesn't somebody high-up have to order or have to approve of the op? I don't understand
>>
>>32823075
Jesus. Another story about ST6?

Why don't they just abolish the navy seals and send them all to Hollywood.
>>
>>32823185

they do whatever they want, i knew an infantry SL that did a combat tour during the iraq surge and he pretty much said they were assholes that would call in for reinforcements and then flee without telling them over comms, leaving regular army infantry to clean up the shitstorm they stirred
>>
The team members all use the EXACT same airsoft-grade guns and gear
>>
File: ss (2017-01-30 at 10.51.25).png (13KB, 292x324px) Image search: [Google]
ss (2017-01-30 at 10.51.25).png
13KB, 292x324px
>>32823075
>st6 team with call sign Delta
>>
File: Proofs.png (5KB, 258x195px) Image search: [Google]
Proofs.png
5KB, 258x195px
>>32823194
I don't believe it
>>
>>32823075
>history channel
>>
>>32823075
it's kinda bad.
>a little bit of shooting, cheap special effects, lots of tough guying, family drama
>nothing feels 100% there but the entire lot is shot like an ultra serious thriller/drama like most tv series right now
if you've seen strike back it feels like a cheap version of that.
>>
>>32823410
Strike Back got the best gun choreography in the industry, saying this is just a cheap version of it is way too overselling it.
>>
File: Detroit Roadtrip.webm (2MB, 624x352px) Image search: [Google]
Detroit Roadtrip.webm
2MB, 624x352px
>>32823410
just a few seconds from one of their promos in youtube gave me this impression, like several other american tacticool wanna be stories. Sad, now it seems everyone wanna jump on the tactcool bandwagon but few seem commited to actually produce something worth being close to.
>>
>>32823627
What's this from?
>>
>>32824170
Strike Back
>>
>>32824170
>>32824181
Season 1 strike back, very different from the sequels
>>
>>32824188
that`s not season one, that dwarven king isn`t there, he only showed up on the first season.
>>
>devgru, the team where regular SEALs go if they got what it takes and have experience
>noobie can't breach fucking doors properly
>makes rookie mistakes
>other team dudes make remarks how they used to know jack shit like him when they got in

Did the writers even research their shit?
>>
>>32824809
99.9% of seals have 0 combat experience before becoming seals.
>>
>>32823075

I see another The Unit disaster.
I don't fucking care if you're a man bitch, a pussy whipped daddy, an impotent cuck or a raging alcoholic off duty, just gimme some operating.

I feel bad for Goggins, it's so sad seeing him in this 6th grade school play.
>>
>>32824188
More like season 4 or 5.
>>
When I saw the fields second of the ad for this show I had a brief hope they were doing a spinoff of Justified. I was like BOYD CROWDER
>>
It's shitty propaganda.
>>
File: 1471965049210.jpg (52KB, 613x617px) Image search: [Google]
1471965049210.jpg
52KB, 613x617px
If a US special forces team goes on a mission and they don't make a movie about it, did the mission even happen?
>>
File: 68b.jpg (35KB, 429x410px) Image search: [Google]
68b.jpg
35KB, 429x410px
>""""history""" channel
>>
> operatest of the operating operators goes on secret black operating mission on foreign soil to get back one of their former operators
> his wife drops him off at the tarmack
>>
>>32823075
The ONLY thing halfway legitimate about that show is the kit they use. The rest is pure Hollywood.

>>32823194
Not all that far from the truth. I lost a couple friends running QRF or blocking for poorly planned SEAL clusterfucks during '05-'07 in that shit hole. Don't remember them ever calling in QRF and disappearing without actually needing it, but their mission planning and execution was pretty shit.

>>32825311
Topkek.

>>32825255
If it's the Army or Marines taking care of it, it probably did. Something happened around the time GWOT kicked off and the SEALs' leadership went to pure shit. I think they lost all their seasoned 'nam era guys and have been unable to keep the standard since.
>>
>>32825368
Former Marine infantry here, and contractor briefly (not a fucking tower guard, PSD and convoy)

it really seems to have been a leadership issue. The actual SEALs were all cool as fuck, and I have a deep a profound respect for. They're cooler than I ever could have been.

But yeah, they constantly needed to be saved. My friend was a Scout Sniper in Ramadi and worked hand in hand with them all the time. He had very few positive things to say about the experience.

I think SEALs are fantastic and quick and hard hitting missions, but anything beyond that and they just get out of their depth. Pun intended.

If I had to guess I'd say its a fundamental lack of basic infantry background. I know it sounds crazy, but think about it. Guys coming into SF, MARSOC, etc frequently have at least a tour or two of time as a basic infantryman. The ones who don't still have that cultural baseline to work with.

SEALs were all former deck painters, floor washers, or wrench turners. Except for the periodic green-side Corpsman I guess.

It's not a recipe for success really.
>>
>>32825217
> BOYD CROWDER'S TIME IN KUWAIT.

That's what I thought when I first saw the OP picture.
>>
>>32825417
Their bravado was an issue. a decade+ ago, where my experience was, they were constantly planning missions like they were invincible. I think that very well could be a lack of combat arms experience, whether it was at the platoon, squad or brass level. They would take 8-12 guys in an area that grunts would not go with anything less than a platoon with attached armor. They then get into the shit everyone with experience knew they would, potentially get a few of their guys killed, then tie down QRF forces for a half day in brutal fighting just trying to pull them out and get the fuck out of dodge, usually resulting in a ton of civilian casualties and collateral damage to infrastructure (as if there wasn't already enough).

Hell, Red Wings (Lone Survivor for the TV folks) was a perfect example of shit planning, shit foresight and inexperience at the ground level.

I've got respect for anyone that straps up and goes into the fray, but I don't respect SEALs quite as much as you do. They have some serious problems when it comes to their ranks. Every time we worked with Army SOC units or SMUs, there was a level of competence in planning and execution, and a level of respect between the operators and their support elements that was never there when working with Naval special warfare.

SEALs need to stick to the water where their strength is. Need a boat raided? Need a boat demolished? Need an oil rig taken over? Need dudes to swim ashore and grab and HVT out of a seaside villa? All good SEAL missions.

Need a scalpel in the middle of an urban war zone? Need guys to integrate very well into COIN operations? Need level headed folks with a firm understanding of the bigger picture? Grab Army or Marine SOC units and SMUs.
>>
File: 1483406551289.jpg (1MB, 1439x1376px) Image search: [Google]
1483406551289.jpg
1MB, 1439x1376px
There used to be a show called Special Forces : Untold Stories on the discovery channel and military channel. Would anyone know where to find the complete season of the show? I think there is only one season and I cannot find anything except for the same 4 on youtube where they kill escobar, then they have 2 on the raid in panama where they blow up the dictators plane and boat and then delta rescues the guy in the prison, and where they hunt down and kill/ capture war criminals in the 90's.

Any help would be amazing it is a really good show basically like FBI Files but with special forces.
>>
>>32823191
It's good recruiting. You get a bunch of high school boys who think they're tough to sign a challenge contract and then after two weeks into BUD/S when they quit they are sent to the fleet to fill positions that would otherwise go unfilled. Of the 10 dudes I graduated with that joined the military 6 joined the Navy to be s00per cool seels, not a single one made it and most of them are boatswains, minemen, and electronic techs now.
>>
>>32823191

second post best post
>>
>>32824181
>>32824188
>>32824783

I just watched the first two episodes of season 1.

OK so far. I can watch this because I'm too sick to do anything useful instead. Will the following seasons be disappointing?
>>
>>32823191
1 year of training, 2 years of operations, a life time of making up stories
>>
File: 250px-CombatMissions.png (89KB, 250x188px) Image search: [Google]
250px-CombatMissions.png
89KB, 250x188px
Fuck this bullshit. I was always more a /k/ombat Missions guy.
>>
>>32823075
>history channel
As an historian, I cringe every time I see their logo somewhere.
>>
>>32825111
Goggins was a last minute replacement for another guy. He may not have thought it thru too much
>>
File: jewish-privilege.jpg (128KB, 510x479px) Image search: [Google]
jewish-privilege.jpg
128KB, 510x479px
>>32823075
>The Weinstein Company presents
>>
>>32825525
Boyd frags his CO
> Well hello Captain Smith, to what do i owe the pleasure?
> You see Captain, i don't trust you and do you know why?
BOOOOOM
> We didn't dig coal together.
>>
File: scalping.png (881KB, 1440x810px) Image search: [Google]
scalping.png
881KB, 1440x810px
>>32823075
>>
File: Operator yoga.png (760KB, 1422x800px) Image search: [Google]
Operator yoga.png
760KB, 1422x800px
>>
File: Six-tv-serie-1.jpg (269KB, 1300x976px) Image search: [Google]
Six-tv-serie-1.jpg
269KB, 1300x976px
>>32828717
B A S E D
>>
>>32827741

Yes, Joe Manganiello. Left due to "health reasons".

I've been watching it. Not the best show, not the worst, but there's not a lot on TV this time a year. Plus Grey's Anatomy sucks nowadays.
>>
>>32823075
It's about time that guy got a hero role. He played a good transvestite and a great baddie in justified. I hope this works out for him.
>>
>>32829729
> implying Boyd was the bad guy
>>
>>32824877
That doesn't mean they didn't do several layers of basic training you mong.
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.