[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Decent 7.62x39mm semi-auto rifle

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: top.jpg (72KB, 1400x425px) Image search: [Google]
top.jpg
72KB, 1400x425px
Hello /k/, I was recently looking into buying an AK to add to my collection and I realized that the Ruger Mini-30 also shoots 7.62. What are some pro/cons with the mini-30/is it better than an AK? Is there a company that makes a AK that is better than it? (I see people complain about the quality of AKs a lot). Also if the Ruger is a better deal, should I get it in .300 AAC Blackout (pros/cons)?
>>
>>32822480
Either get an ak like a WASR, or get the mini chambered for 5.56 or 300blackout. Apparently the 7.62x39 version doesn't like steel case too well. An AK or AR are better overall but the mini is the little bro of the m14 and the m1 garand and will serve you fine. 99% of people won't notice the difference in reliability unless you neglect your rifle and start throwing dirt in the action
>>
>>32822480
p o t a t o
>>
>>32822480
the mini 30 is trash. It's not reliable and cant shoot slavshit ammo for shit. Get sks if you like the carbine feel or an ak there both better in every way
>>
>>32822584
Where can I get an SKS? DO they make them/import anymore?
>>
>>32822592
Literally anywhere, especially if you're in Canada. Do a 5 minutes google search. They're not as cheap as they used to be, but you can find them for decent prices.
>>
>>32822513
If I decide on a Mini, I think I will go for .300 Blackout. I already own a Ruger AR-556.
>>
>>32822480
Hey op, if you really want a Ruger don't let people here get to you. Ruger has great customer service. If you get a mini30...Unless you install a heavy hammer spring, you're stuck using brass ammo. PMC and fiocchi offer good ball ammo in 7.62x39.

Right now if I were you, I'd order a wasr10 and get surplus mags or the Magpul gen2 AK mags with the stainless reinforcement. That's all I run is the gen 2. Their great.

Mini30 mags won't be as cheap and none OEM mags won't work typically.

Accuracy is a none argument. I will say wasr's are like rolling the dice. I have gotten shit ones and I have gotten a few that are more accurate than my colt and stag ar15 carbines. Mini30 accuracy is meh.
>>
>>32822480
>buying a mini-14
>ever

why.jpg

An SKS is arguably far better, more reliable, easier to maintain, just as accurate, and doesn't give a damn what you feed it.

Plus, it's a HELL of a lot cheaper.
>>
>>32822618
SKS looks good. Will look into.
>>
>>32822615
Good deal. Thanks for the advice
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.