[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

joining up?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: 1442549135027.jpg (132KB, 424x503px) Image search: [Google]
1442549135027.jpg
132KB, 424x503px
so, i might be homeless soon. if i enlisted tomorrow, how soon before i have opportunity for food and shelter? 20 years old diesel technician. just can't find a job, no one's hiring.
>>
We have /meg/ (Military Enlistment General) for a reason.

That said, go open contract and you should be able to leave in under a month.
>>
>>32822395
sorry, i'm overly stressed and wasn't even thinking. and sounds good.
>>
>>32822365
you won't enlist tomorrow. fastest I've heard of someone walking in to a recruiters and then shipping is two or three weeks, and that's IF everything goes right. You have forms to fill out, criminal records checks. If you don't have your birth certificate, the recruiter has to put in a check for that. Then getting a time to take the ASVAB, the trip there if you live in east boofoo. If you live far enough out from the MEPS, you may have to wait till your recruiter does all of the paper work and then he rolls up the ASVAB test and the physical into one visit, with you taking the test, then you spend the night there and take the physical the next morning. If you want to join that bad, they will smell it. Don't be surprised if the station commander keeps you on the back burner until the end of the month just in case they may not make mission and then he sends you off to MEPS.
>>
>>32822365
George Soros is paying people 20$/hr to be professional agitators, it's a full time gig and will last at least the next four years. You don't even need to be good just show up.
>>
>>32822502

You got a link to it? I'd do that shit and just double agent it.
>>
>>32822502
do I get mileage and a per diem? a hotel room?
>>
>>32822483
Not OP but thanks for the info.

I was actually going to see a recruiter today, is there any type of paperwork I should bring besides my birth certificate and SS number?
>>
>>32824269
sage
Just looked it up on google
so basically am I good if I bring
>Driver's License
>Social Security card
>Birth certificate
>School diplomas / Transcripts
>>
File: 887896_hogans_heroes.jpg (69KB, 267x200px) Image search: [Google]
887896_hogans_heroes.jpg
69KB, 267x200px
>>32822365
Well the military can be beneficial. If you truly apply yourself you could land a job though man. Take advice from a grunt who's military experience doesn't mean shit. I had to work hard to get where I am.

>>32822483
Different times I guess. I joined during the Surge and my recruiter asked me if I would like to ship next week.
>>
>>32822483
I live in a city with a MEPS and I had to stay in the hotel for initial NG enlistment, shipping out to basic half of OSUT, shipping out to AIT half, and going active duty.
>>
>>32822502
>How the Right tries to delegitimize protests
>>
File: 1485790795401.jpg (19KB, 297x414px) Image search: [Google]
1485790795401.jpg
19KB, 297x414px
>>32824441
Wat?
>>
>>32824482
Any time you go to an Initial Entry Training base you have to go through MEPS, and they make sure you'll be there by having you in a hotel that night.
>>
>>32824536
It's a liability thing
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.