[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sup /k/ bros, What do you think about Les Stroud and Survivorman?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

Sup /k/ bros,

What do you think about Les Stroud and Survivorman? And what do you about Stroud's knives and Survivor gear?

Recently got on a kick of watching his old shows and forgot how /comfy/ they were.
>>
>>32821690
Love Les and his show

Like his Helle knife better than his new stuff.
>>
File: chrisr_1400000287_les-stroud.jpg (130KB, 500x332px) Image search: [Google]
chrisr_1400000287_les-stroud.jpg
130KB, 500x332px
>>32821690
Les is a fucking beast. He does all that shit for real and almost dies. It's depressing to watch a man who knows what he's doing out there eat only 500 calories in a week and get rained on. He shows when he fails too, so you know that it doesn't always work out innawoods. Nature is fucking cruel. Then on top of all that, he has to backtrack and pick up cameras that he left to give us cool shots. But he manages to do it all legitimately alone. Gotta give the man credit. That being said, if you see him using his own products, you at least know they will hold up for a week at minimum. There are probably better products out there, but I'd be willing to try them at least once.
>>
>>32821690

was cool until the sasquatch hoax bullshit
>>
>>32821690
Really liked his shows about running around innawoods with minimal gear and he does it sensibly.
I get annoyed when people like Bear Grylls abseil waterfalls, fuck around on cliffs, in rivers and shit because that will get people injured or killed in a remote location.
>ex emergency services dragging dead tourists out of their own stupidity
>>
I've read all his books, he's the best.
>>
>>32821950
I loved the fjord episode where he almost slid down a fucking cliff and died
>>
File: image.jpg (87KB, 729x556px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
87KB, 729x556px
>>32821690
>440 steel
>>
>>32822002

That Sasquatch faggotry was utterly silly wasn't it? Still, don't blame him. It was kind of cool and I get how he'd be curious about it. But yeah, I only saw like two or three episodes and thought it was completely silly.

The original Survivorman is like one of the best TV shows ever made tho in my opinion.
>>
>>32821950

Yeah totally man, I agree with what you say. Every once in awhile I get curious and read up on all his gear. People say exactly what you are about how it's decent, maybe a little hypey and maybe better stuff out there but it's decent.
>>
>>32821690
This is probably more >>>/out/

That said, he is my go to guy. He's very knowledgeable and could survive anywhere. I like the fact he is also very humble. He will straight up admit it when he doesn't know things.

Like: "I don't know what this berry is, so I'm not going to eat it."

Les Stroud is +1 in my book.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.