[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Worth getting a new rifle?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

File: k98k single rune.jpg (91KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
k98k single rune.jpg
91KB, 768x1024px
Hey /k/, I have a bnz 43 single rune (pic not mine but semi related) and am considering selling it. I originally bought it a couple years ago for $600 (I spent awhile on k98kforum and those guys agreed it was a legit single rune/$600 was the high end of expected price) but now I'm considering selling it. I love having a rifle with history and I'm not even positive I want to sell this one, but there are no ranges near me that let me shoot 8mm mauser, the ammo is expensive anyways, and lately I've had a hankering for an m1a which I would be able to shoot at my local ranges. Do you guys think it's worth it to swap the rifles and either way what do you think a reasonable price is for a good condition single rune k98k? A few months ago I almost sold it to Cabelas with an asking price of $650 and the guy almost eagerly said that was a reasonable price which made me wonder if he knew something I didn't.
>>
Is the rifle matching? Is it a Russian-capture refurb like in the pic? Depending on how many parts match it could be worth $700-1500+.
>>
>>32818277
Like >>32818316 said; is it an RC? Is it all parts matching? What's the condition of its blueing and stock? Does it still have its front sight hood?
>>
>>32818277
do more research on forums with better knowledge base on the specific subject, or post in the milsurp thread if you absolutely must have /k/s best opinion. also what the hell is up with your range that they will let you shoot 7.62 NATO and not 7.9 mauser that makes no fucking sense whatsoever
>>
>>32818316
Are u sure about that? U can get a all parts matching
mosin from russia via molot for 700
>>
>>32818316
>>32818342
It's an RC and not matching (I think some parts are but when I noticed that it wasn't completely matching I mostly just dropped it). Some parts are Weimar and others are Nazi but the wings aren't peened. The stock and bluing are both in good condition and rifling goes the length of the barrel but it's a little dulled. It doesn't have the front sight hood either.
>>32818362
I'm here less about the price for the k98k and more about outside (read: not hardcore k98k fans) opinions on whether it's worth trading in for a newer rifle. And I just double checked it and I'm only half correct "NO AMMUNITION OVER .308 RIFLE ON THE RANGE UNLESS APPROVED BY MANAGEMENT".
>>
>>32818478
>It's an RC and not matching (I think some parts are but when I noticed that it wasn't completely matching I mostly just dropped it).
If the bolt doesn't match (even Russian force-matching) I would put a value of $500-700 on it then. If you could get someone to trade you straight-up for an M1A you'd be making out the better in the deal.
>>
>>32818478
Hmmm. If you're going to sell it, go for around $700-$900 bucks.
>>
>>32818520
Are you saying that Russian electro stenciling to force match it would actually make the price go up?
>>32818525
Interesting, thanks.
>>
File: gebirgsjaeger_kar98ks_alps.jpg (245KB, 2329x1493px) Image search: [Google]
gebirgsjaeger_kar98ks_alps.jpg
245KB, 2329x1493px
>>32818557
>Are you saying that Russian electro stenciling to force match it would actually make the price go up?
It would put it on the higher end of that spectrum to at least have the force-matched bolt the Russians headspaced it with, even if it's not the factory-original one.
>>
>>32818609
Ah I see. So you're saying if it's force matched then that means it's usable, but if it's just plain mismatched then the headspacing could be off and the next person to pull the trigger gets fucked?
>>
>>32818707
Exactly. While most mis-matched bolts are still going to be within tolerances for headspace the buyer can't really know that unless they gauge it themselves before buying.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.