[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Surplus m9s

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

File: m9-photo_large.png (164KB, 569x228px) Image search: [Google]
m9-photo_large.png
164KB, 569x228px
So the are the m9s being replaced in the military by the sig gonna sell for 50 bucks from the cmp or will they be tossed into the atlantic?
>>
>>32811127
If they're dirt cheap everyone and their mom will buy one.
>>
>>32811127
tossed into the pacific
>>
They'll end up in the hands of ''''''''''''''moderate''''''''''''''' rebels.
>>
Depends if trump is president when they start getting phased out, and has a republican house or senate.

Democrats and John McCain will want them destroyed.
>>
Tossed into the mediterranean
>>
File: 1485458997389.png (455KB, 935x651px) Image search: [Google]
1485458997389.png
455KB, 935x651px
The majority will be beat to shit and restoring alloy framed handguns isn't worth it.

Just buy a new brigadier 92 and be done with it.
>>
>>32811161
CMP will mix n match parts to produce good guns
>>
>>32811154
When does phasing out officialy begin?
>>
>>32811176
last thursday
>>
>implying Beretta doesn't have an agreement with the US Military not to sell their shit to the civilian market

Buy a PX4 and be done with it.
>>
Should we write a letter to donald trumps son? Isnt he the head of some kinda gun rights thingy?
>>
>>32811199
I rather carry my cz52, than a px4.
>>
>>32811127

guaranteed they'll be given off to iraqi and afghan national forces

guaranteed
>>
>>32811199
Dude it's really easy to buy an M9.

https://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/cPath/2084_21_52/products_id/23505/Beretta+J92M9A0+M9+Commerical+10%2B1+9mm+4.9%22
>>
They'll be given to client states
Any that aren't will sit in a warehouse for 50 years, like the 1911s
>>
Something will prevent them from being safe or suitable for civilian use.... just like HMMWV
>>
>>32811217
Yeah but that's $550 and doesn't have the history that issued M9s have. People like guns that were actually carried by someone because it makes them more interesting. Not to mention that hundreds of thousands of M9s going on the market at once will drop the price to something crazy like $150-200 which is much more appealed.
>>
>>32811127
As absolutely clownshoes as Trump's administration has proven to be, not only will we not get them, but they will wind up in an embarrassing place.
>>
>>32811448
You are embarrassing yourself
>>
File: Pepe98.gif (582KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
Pepe98.gif
582KB, 500x375px
>>32811448
>>
Don't you guys have some law making the sale of modern military weapons to civilians illegal?

Wouldn't they just meet a chop saw
>>
It'd be great if they were to surplus them out. They'd have to be cheap, since no one would be willing to buy a beat to shit one when police and foreign surplus with less abuse are just like 350 bucks
>>
>>32811127
Did only the Army adopt the sig 320, or is it across the military?
>>
How will we know if such a thing would happen or not? Where would we look?
>>
>>32811127
seriously?
But the m9 has a cast frame.
Get a 92S, they have milled frames which are superior.
>>
>>32811670
I mean they aren't too modern and they'll literally be better taken care of in civilian hands than in the military

>t. Armory custodian
>>
>>32811397
>history
>bunch of flunkies jacking off on a biscuit
>>
when they have to scrap them, what should they make them into?

as much as I'd like them to CMP these babies, a few hundred thousand-millions of M9s hitting the market in below 92f condition made of mixed up parts and mismatched locking blocks isn't the best option.

best solution
>save all the pretty ones
>save any with wartime graffiti/trench art
>save any with special wartime provenance
>demill, or better yet just weld them together, into some kickass monument to war and american exceptionalism
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.