[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

hammer slamimg

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

File: tmp_4797-th2143977218.jpg (7KB, 300x200px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_4797-th2143977218.jpg
7KB, 300x200px
Is it dangerous to hammerslam on wheel guns like in the movies? Pic related
>>
>>32810554
Just to elaborate hammer slamming is whenyou wave your hand near the back of the gun, just asking cause i dont want tolose fingers.
>>
File: tmp_4797-th(3)1296112276.jpg (5KB, 300x192px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_4797-th(3)1296112276.jpg
5KB, 300x192px
>>32810554
Bump
>>
File: tmp_4797-th(2)-1495413708.jpg (3KB, 160x92px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_4797-th(2)-1495413708.jpg
3KB, 160x92px
>>32810599
Bump
>>
>>32810554
Just alone in my thread... again :^(
>>
In short, it isn't dangerous. Rapid-firing like that is generally performed using single-action revolvers, where the hammer must be manually cocked before each shot; the trigger simply releases the hammer, so by keeping the trigger depressed and rapidly pulling and releasing the hammer, the shooter can fire faster than what is normally possible. I'm not terribly knowledgeable in this regard, so if anyone can clarify/correct this, that'd be great.
>>
>>32811051
It fucks the hand
>>
>>32811051
That's about the gist of it. It's called "fanning the hammer".
>>
fanning only works with single action revolvers. fanning is hard on guns and damages them over time. if the gun is in good condition theres no danger except getting your finger pinched by the hammer.
if the guns in bad condition like the timings all fucked up from treating it like they do in the movies or just being taurus it could explode
>>
That pick isn't related because it doesn't have an exposed hammer, OP
>>
>>32811098
none of them have an exposed hammer, the rhino has a false hammer.
>>
>>32811051
This is very very bad for the gun and fucks up the timing and the pawl. I know because I've stupidly tried and had to get my broken gun fixed
>>
>>32811098
Oh. I see.
>>
You're talking about fanning the hammer. Don't do it because it's bad for the gun and will cause it to go out of time.

Also, that other stupid thing you see in cowboy movies where some guy spins the cylinder while open and them slams it closed with a flick of his wrist? Don't do that either; it will bend the crane and peen the cylinder stops. Also

>wanting to imitate hollywood
>hollywood has always been full of nogunz liberals who don't know the first thing about firearms

Common sense, bro.
>>
>>32813258
There are legitimate uses for fanning the hammer, although they're all about competition and showmanship and it has zero practical usage for hunting or defense.

A single action revolver with no transfer bar in good shape can survive thousands of repetitions of hammer fanning before it starts to lose timing (within 10% of normal usage, very minor increased wear if any).

It really cannot be done on double action revolvers. While it can be done with single action revolvers with transfer bars, it's hard on the transfer linkage and they will wear exponentially faster.

With an appropriate revolver, the only real dangers are raising a blister on the sides of your fingers from the texturing of the hammer spur, or getting your finger/thumb pinched (which will leave a puncture wound since all the appropriate revolvers have the firing pin permanently affixed to the hammer). Or I suppose being so horribly bad at it you wave it significantly off-target in the process and hit something you shouldn't.
>most competitions of showmanship or quick-draw use blanks due to this last point
>>
>>32811158
Ao you can break your gun
>>
>>32813258
>>32811158
Wasnt talking about the gun its my grandpas so i dont care i just dont want to lose any fingers
>>
>>32813588
>i dont care i just dont want to lose any fingers
You might if it goes out of time and fucking explodes on you
>>
>>32813588
>its my grandpas so i dont care

What the fuck man
>>
>>32813730 hea senile now and it doeant have any historical significance it was only in world war 2
>>
>>32813712
>>32813730
I phone canra is broke it looks kinda like this
>>
>>32813816
Just leave it be, you might not even have any ammo for it.

If you wanna fuck up a revolver save up your money and do it to your own
>>
Come on and SLAM, if you want your gun to JAM.
>>
>>32813816
If you have ammo for it, load it and put it in your mouth, then trying slamming the hammer.
>>
>>32813836
>>32813863
Wouldnt it just take 44?
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.