[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Legality of home-made firearms.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (1MB, 2592x1936px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 2592x1936px
Sup /k/,
While I'm not a machinist, or a gunsmith, I would like to try my hand at making some firearms. So what laws do I need to know about, do I have to register a receiver once made? Just tell me what I have to do, I'm very new to this stuff.
>>
>>32809482
Google asshole we dont know where you live.
>>
FA, SBR, SBS, AOW, suppressor are illegal. Selling your homemade guns is illegal. Everything else is wide open. Basically avoid NFA stuff and don't sell to your local street gang.
>>
>>32809482
You don't have to. Congress isn't allowed to pass laws that would force you to.

Although The Constitution and California State Constitution de facto don't exist when you are within the borders of the people's republic.
>>
In what jurisdiction?
>>
>>32809482
registration is only in commiefornia
local laws apply
NFA federal laws apply

making a gun at home isnt illegal provided you follow all of the above. that being said SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED
>>
>>32809520
>Selling your homemade guns is illegal.
Bullshit.
It's only if you derive a literal majority of your income from it.

>don't sell to your local street gang.
Only if you have reason to suspect if they are felons.
>>
>>32809482
In America, you're totally fine as long as it doesn't violate existing law (ie if you're going to make a slam fired shotgun, make sure it has 18 inch barrels). Check out royal nonesuch' videos. He's a mad cunt but he's managed to not blow himself up yet.
>>
>>32809482
Sorry OP here, should've clarified I live in Annapolis, Maryland.
>>
>>32809482
Easiest and most legal place to start out would be on 80% frames. You can finish the frames of a variety of common guns--mainly AR-15's, 1911's, LR-308's, 10/22's, and Glock 17's. There's also the option of parts kits. If you look at the right place, you can find demilled parts kits. Typically, just add serialized receiver and barrel. Of course, the barrel would need to be lathed to the correct dimensions (also watch out since smooth barrel guns have difficult to understand blanket regulations).

By far your easiest AND cheapest would be an AR-15 frame and build kit. Lower assembly doesn't require any fitting or specialized tools--though some would be helpful. A carbine stock requires a castle nut wrench. The rest, a C-clamp, brass punches, and possibly a nylon hammer would be beneficial. Biggest PITA areas are the trigger guard (likely to bend/break the frame if too much force), bolt catch (not required for functional guns--and reasonable enough with the right punch).

Other than that, a Glock frame should be the least time consuming, assuming you can find a slide for a reasonable price. Polymer80's 80% Glock frames have driven up the prices on factory G17 & G19 slides. OTOH, the G22 & G23 slides remain cheap because .40 S&W is relatively undesirable.
>>
>>32809669
Thanks lad.
>>
Make whatever you want, as long as it's not an NFA item. And you can't sell it.

You don't need to register or even serialize your homemade guns
>>
Visit the ECCO Machine channel on Youtube. Pretty new, but this autist is seriously skilled and shows some amazing builds, especially his ultra-lightweight .22lr and 9mm pack rifles.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrO8qCoLozuXPz_VMbBCogQ
He's got a video where he deals with legality issues for US citizens:
https://youtu.be/OygaUgPCCho
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.