[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

First Pistol

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

File: glock.jpg (100KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
glock.jpg
100KB, 1000x1000px
Hey, I'm looking for input on a first pistol for me, and i am planning on it being home defense and for target practice/sporting. My budget is around $400-$700, and i have larger hands so i am looking more at full frame or standard sized pistols. I have narrowed some options down to the Glock G17/G21 and to the Springfield XD series, but i am open for input on other potential pistols. I am not worried about concealed carry or single stack mags vs multistack.
>>
File: git glock.jpg (86KB, 640x578px) Image search: [Google]
git glock.jpg
86KB, 640x578px
>>32808690
Glock. Always Glock. Opt for the MOS version, not least because should you decide to sell it in a few years, resale value will be higher because micro red dots will be even more common.
>>
>large hands

92fs, otherwise FNS

Whatever you do, definitely don't go ecksdee
>>
File: STEYR-PISTOL-M9-A1.png (401KB, 789x600px) Image search: [Google]
STEYR-PISTOL-M9-A1.png
401KB, 789x600px
>>32808690
I have large hands, and it's the most comfortable pistol I've ever held.
>>
>>32808704

>wanting a faggot glocknade
>>
If you don't mind polymer and striker fired, the Glock is a decent, if boring, choice.

If you want a DA/SA steel gun, get a CZ or a Jericho or a Beretta 92fs.
>>
>>32808722
>wanting a faggot glocknade
>memes is all I know
>>
>>32808712
Could you tell me more about it? is it decent for takedown/cleaning? honest personal opinions and all?
>>
Not OP but what do you guys think of the p227? I'm in a ban state so I'm limited to 10 rounds regardless of caliber. This will be a bed side/fun gun.
>>
>>32808762
its a special snowflake glock. not really worth the hassle of not having any aftermarket support for it.
>>
File: FNS-9 Family.jpg (787KB, 1800x1105px) Image search: [Google]
FNS-9 Family.jpg
787KB, 1800x1105px
>>32808690
These threads are a revolving door.

You need to go out, handle and shoot as many models as you can, you also need to asses what your use or need for the gun is.

Then pick something that best fits that criteria, and if you think it's good looking too then swell.

I personally prefer the FNS series of pistols, I have owned and shot many, many striker or hammer fired polymer pistols, this is my end game.
>>
>>32808690
Whatever feels best in your hand is the way to go anon. I say work a range trip into that budget to test the ones you have set your sights on. Therein lays your answer.
>>
File: Steyr.jpg (868KB, 860x1281px) Image search: [Google]
Steyr.jpg
868KB, 860x1281px
>>32808762
Takes down basically like a glock. Just flip the lever and bingo. The only real complaints I have about it is the built in lock isn't necessary. It's not something that will get in the way though, and I do admit it has come in handy when I've stayed somewhere where kids were around. Also, holsters are limited, but you can get a decent selection. You just have to search. I suggest, if you can find one, to try one out. Finger fuck it, rent if possible.
>>
>>32808775
>not having any aftermarket support for it.
But that's not true. It's there, you just have to look.
>>
>>32808800
That Steyr actually doesnt look bad, and looks nice and simple, ill have to see if anyone around carries one, ty anon
>>
>>32808785
ill also keep those fns' in mind as well
>>
>>32808918
The vibe I get is you need a full size gun, do you plan on shooting a lot? Or are you mostly concerned with home defense?
>>
>>32809002
i would like to shoot it fairly often, but likely hood is there will be a while in between some good uses
>>
>>32808690
if i have small hands, but i like a larger full size 9mm for recoil do y'all k/ommissars have any reccs?
>>
>>32810500
PX4
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.