[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to buy a gun in California?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: mini 14.jpg (122KB, 1400x425px) Image search: [Google]
mini 14.jpg
122KB, 1400x425px
Hi /k/,

I don't own any guns but want to buy a semi-automatic rifle for target shooting and varmint hunting. What licenses and training do I need to buy a gun like this? I'm reading conflicting info, one site says you need a 16 hour class for a gun license.
>>
Just go to the store and buy one, you'll have to get a safety cert there which is extra money, it's basically a 25 question test that only retards will fail.
>>
>>32805849
>it's basically a 25 question test that only retards will fail
That's all? That doesn't seem like you would learn anything useful or safe.
>>
>>32805878
You won't. In my opinion it is a tax, or feel good "safety" measure to put a burden on those who would buy firearms in this state.
>>
I bought a mav 88 last year. Not that hard to buy one legailly. But if you want an ar 15 I suggest you build one.
>>
>>32805878
its more of a literacy test than anything
>>
>>32805823
If you're old enough to buy a gun in California, you're old enough to leave California. Get out now before secession and the inevitable seizure of all privately held firearms.
>>
You sound like some sort of libtard trying to get replies to show, "Oh it so easy to get guns." The quiz is pretty much asking do you know the basics of gun safety that can be answered with common sense. Therefore, you would have to be a retard to fail it.
>>
>>32805927
>feel good "safety" measure to put a burden on those who would buy firearms in this state
Well that's retarded, they should at least be teaching you something about gun safety if that's their intention.

>>32806000
Why? I've lived here my whole life and it's the best state in the country. And none of that shit will ever happen.

>>32806011
Not a libtard, I didn't vote for anybody for president. Just genuinely surprised that you don't need a license to get a gun. But it seems ridiculous that you'd be tested on something without any real experience required.
>>
To buy firearms in California, you need a Firearm Safety Certificate. To get it, you need to take a short multiple choice test, which asks you in a variety of ways if it is safe to shoot people. It costs $25. You can get it at any gun store. Here's the study guide, give it a quick read.

https://oag.ca.gov/sites/all/files/agweb/pdfs/firearms/forms/hscsg.pdf

You can get the FSC the same day you buy the gun. You'll have to wait ten days before you can pick up the gun, though.

You're probably confusing the FSC with the hunter education course you need to get a hunting license.
>>
>>32805823
It actually depends on where you live. Some states will require a 'permit to purchase'. Check with local police or ask at a gun store.
>>
>>32806048
>And none of that shit will ever happen.
You underestimate the thermonuclear asspain the left is experiencing. Trump has already had to deal with more credible assassination attempts than Obama did in eight years.
>>
>>32806085
wtf is the purpose of the dummy round on page 16? (21st page in pdf)
>>
>>32808900
all throughout that section even, does CA law require firearms be stored with a dummy round in them?
>>
>>32808900
>>32808912
Part of taking possession of a firearm in CA is "demonstrating safe handling" at the point of sale which includes safe loading and unloading, hence the dummy round.

t. Used to live in California
>>
>>32808925
oh okay. that makes sense
>>
>>32806085
>A handgun owner assumed a firearm was unloaded. While cleaning it, he
accidentally fired the handgun, causing injury to himself.
>accidentally fired

This wording triggers my autism.
>>
>>32808900
its the "practical" part of the test. in front of the guy you check if the gun is loaded. then you stick a mag with one dummy round in it. after that you unload the gun and eject the dummy round. if you did this without pointing the gun at yourself or the guy congrats you passed. if you point the gun at your face or the guy or fail to lock the slide back you try again.
>>
>>32806048

>best state in the country

no

t. socal libertarian
>>
>>32806048
>they should at least be teaching you something about gun safety if that's their intention.
The thing is, there really isn't anything to teach. Anything general enough to go on a catch-all test is so obvious that everyone already knows it. Things like "Dont point a gun at something you don't want to kill." The only non-obvious info about gun safety is weapon-specific; like how to use certain safeties and how to safely clear jams. You couldn't really teach a general overview of those things because its different for every gun.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.