[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just became /hasgun/, how do I take care of it?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: F1VEPR54R2301a.jpg (96KB, 800x520px) Image search: [Google]
F1VEPR54R2301a.jpg
96KB, 800x520px
So I used to shoot Anschutz .22lr target rifles in high school and their maintenance requirements were basically non-existent.

Yesterday, I finally ordered mai raifu (pic related), and now I'm realizing that I know fuck all when it comes to proper maintenance of a semi-auto.

So what can /k/ recommend in terms of cleaners, boresnakes, and greases/oils to keep my baby in match condition despite what will likely be a diet of corrosive decades-old surplus Slavic nugget food?
>>
>>32805464
Just use windex for corrosive ammo, best bore cleaner is Ed's Red
>>
File: 1471557694442.png (420KB, 591x551px) Image search: [Google]
1471557694442.png
420KB, 591x551px
>>32805464
>Washing your guns by hand

Just put it in the dishwasher like everyone else.
>>
>>32805464
Clean the gas piston and scrub out the gas port every few thousand rounds. The rest is as normal.
>>
>>32805464

I commend you for your good taste in guns. DO NOT LISTEN TO ANY FUCKING VEPR HATERS ON THE BOARD. Also get a POSP. I got the x8 and its never let me down, and look into cutting the thread protector off and getting a muzzle device.
>>
>>32805464
Ballistol and water for corrosive. Noncorrosive use boretech or kg products solvents for copper and carbon. For oiling use slip2k or ballistol and greasing with aeroshell 6. Use jags by boretech with a carbon rod. Enjoy having a clean gun with very little work on your end and no toxic chemicals, just don't swallow the shit.
>>
>>32805689
OP here. Just screenshot your post, thanks a bunch!

What do people here think/ know about pelican gun cases? I need a good storage option that's not "the closet".

I know pelican's spendy, but I'd rather keep the jobs in the US if I can and their stuff both rapes Plano in quality while keeping jobs in my home state.
>>
>>32805667
OP again.

What are the pros and cons of the POSP vs going full vatnik with a PSO-1? I haven't been able to find much.

Also, Belarusian or OG Zenit?

Also, where did you get yours? I've heard mixed things about Kalinka.
>>
>>32805500
I'm going to be doing this after every trip to the range, haha...
>>
>>32806030
OP, all you need is Hornady One Shot gun lube (not the case lube) and a bore snake. Spray a little oil in the action after each range trip, shouls be all you need for a vepr. Ive got ARs ive literally never cleaned.
>>
>>32805941
I went with the POSP becasue it has 8x magnification, The PSO-1 is only 4x but you can probably hit moving objects better.
You can do a bit more reaserch though for more specifics. I also didnt go through kalinka I actually ordered it off ebay brand new from ebay.
>>
>>32805917
You'll really like the products. If you want to see how good they are try cleaning your gun with hoppes first and then go with what I recommended and you'll see the difference. I keep my guns in a locker type lockbox and I have some damprid in there. Those cases are great for transporting firearms though. If you have the money get it, but don't forget moisture absorbers.
>>
>>32805472
No. Just use warm water. Soap optional. The Windex/ammonia thing is fuddlore.
>>
>>32807798
I use a mix of ballistic and water right there at the range. It flushes the salts as well as leaving a coating of oil. It's helpful if you aren't going to clean your gun right away.
>>
>>32807823
ballistol
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.