[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Balkans

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: jrvipvo_mig-29_102.jpg (32KB, 640x346px) Image search: [Google]
jrvipvo_mig-29_102.jpg
32KB, 640x346px
So, Serbia is about to receive 6 modernized MiG-29's from Russia, and 12 from Belarus. Altogether SAF will have 22 MiG-29's.
In addition to this they'll receive Buk systems, they got free T-72S and some other shit.
Apparently negotiations are underway for S-300 sale from Belarus too.
This will make Serbia the strongest force in Balkans, militarily speaking. For comparison Croatia has few barely working MiG-21's, and Bosnia, Albania, Kosovo and Montenegro have no relevant airplanes.
Bulgarians have 17 MiG-29's but Bulgaria and Serbia have no real issues.
Thoughts?
>>
>>32802150
Well, to be fair, air power is the last thing Croatia needs to think about when it's a NATO member, just use the forces the US has in theater. IIRC though, they're also modernizing their ground troops with newer stuff, including the Javelin and Kiowas.
>>
Which model of the MiG-29?
Also if Croatia goes through with their fighter deal, the MiG-29s will be painfully obsolete no matter what they end up with, especially since all Euro canards will have access to Meteors.
http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/world/europe/hr-air-force-modernization.htm
>>
Gathering more NATO cannon fodder for the next time they chimp out?
>>
>>32802178
Unknown, but they key words are the very latest technological upgrades with some sort of radar lock that works up to 100 miles.

>>32802180
You should really educate yourself. MiGs that flew up against NATO in 1999 were all outdated, terribly maintaned and downright broken pieces of shit. Serbian pilots would take off without functioning defensive measures, landing gears and sometimes even radios. They had no theoretical chance at doing anything but they couldn't just sit while enemy planes were terrorizing their skies.
>>
>>32802203
>MiGs that flew up against NATO in 1999 were all outdated, terribly maintaned and downright broken pieces of shit.

Next you'll be using the "Monkey models, crewed by Arabs, doesn't count" excuse.
>>
>>32802217
But he is in fact correct.
But more relevant thing about that subject are Buk's and potential sale of S-300.
>>32802178
>>32802171
I don't think there will be war of any sorts. I'm just comparing things.
>>
>>32802178
>Which model of the MiG-29?
From Russia
1 MiG-29A
2 MiG-29UB
3 MiG-29S
Unsure on the exact composition from Belarus, maybe a higher percentage of 'A's.

Key word is refurbished, not modernised.
>>
File: k.png (325KB, 431x432px) Image search: [Google]
k.png
325KB, 431x432px
>>32802217
Nothing that I said was an excuse, just hard fact m8. And as far as models go, you sure wasted shitton of shekels in ordnance on those wooden ones. Also a fact.
>>
>>32802150
not needed,im a serb and our people are way too militaristic,so this weapons trade only solidates the point of Russia's intervention in Syria.
>>
File: komunizam.jpg (99KB, 600x665px) Image search: [Google]
komunizam.jpg
99KB, 600x665px
>>32802250
>way too militaristic

What are you on about. Everyone is against conscription, our military is shit tier, average supplied kit is older than average instructional cadre member, we have barely anyone capable serving and most people with actual experience were chased out of the military after the 90s.
>>
>>32802227
Serbs were never the dominating force in the Yugoslav Air force it was the Croatians and Slovenes what was left was shit pilots.
>>
>>32802150
>This will make Serbia the strongest force in Balkans, militarily speaking.

I'm pretty sure Greece is in Balkans.
>>
>>32802150
Irrelevant. Serbs had huge advantages in the 90s in terms of advanced equipment and they still got shrekt by mountain farmers.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.