[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /k/ think about the U.S. Army's new service pistol?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5

File: download.jpg (10KB, 283x178px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
10KB, 283x178px
What does /k/ think about the U.S. Army's new service pistol?
>>
DRILL INSTRUCTOR WHERE IS THE SAFETY SWITCH
>>
more modular than a Glock and M&P
probably cheaper too since they are made
New Hampshire
Lacks a da/sa hammer which i feel is almost needed on a military pistol because of the ability to restrike a bad round
>>
I'm honestly surprised the Army switched from an aluminium framed pistol to an aluminium framed pistol instead of just staying with the beretta.

Does this mean that the m16/m4 could really get replaced someday??? 6.x rounds could become a reality. Someone I would trust was telling me they were probably going to end up switching to a 6.5 or 6.8 rifle bullet eventually.
>>
File: Sig-Sauer-P320-Army-777x437.jpg (30KB, 777x437px) Image search: [Google]
Sig-Sauer-P320-Army-777x437.jpg
30KB, 777x437px
>>32801980
The model they have has a safety on it.
>>
>>32802024
They were looking not too long ago...Few years ago iirc.

I like the look of these though. Might pick one up...Man I own too many guns.
>>
>>32801962
I own one, it's a great pistol, better than glock imo and I do own both, with them choosing this it'll drive down the price potentially, or at least allow for more parts to float around.
>>
I thought service pistols were being discontinued and everyone was getting M4s
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-01-28_04-59-39.png (9KB, 638x166px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-01-28_04-59-39.png
9KB, 638x166px
>>32801962
>Daddy Trump the uncuckable takes office
>"Army trials for a weapon that hasn't been significant since 1918? hmm, who should I award this $580 million army contract to?"
>"Oh I know just the merchant"
WHY DOES IT KEEP HAPPENING?
>>
>>32801962
>What does /k/ think about the U.S. Army's new service pistol?
I would've preferred something with a hammer, but whatever. Just glad it wasn't Glock...not that I actually expected them to win. Hopefully it doesn't take too long for them to begin seeing use, I'd like the exact model pictured above here >>32802034 sans the FDE.
>>
Aside from the obvious I wonder what, if any other changes were made for the MHS submission? Wonder if they'll use MIM parts, the military P226/228's never have correct?
>>
>>32802034
Good luck using that flat slide stop with that stupid safety in the way...
Also I am waiting for the reports of guns inadvertedly left on safe because while pushing up on the slide stop to lock the slide open someone also pushed the safety up without noticing...
>>
>>32802034
The manual safety defeats the whole point of a striker fired gun. Might as well have sticked with a double stack 9mm 1911.
>>
>>32802912
>The manual safety defeats the whole point of a striker fired gun.
Only if you're a Glock fanboy.
>>
>>32802912
What? A manual safety in no way defeats the purpose of a striker fired gun. A striker mechanism is just another way to make a mousetrap, like DA/SA, SAO, DAO, etc. Just a little lighter and mechanically simpler way to pop a primer.
>>
>>32802034
>>
>>32802083
Wut
>>
File: 1478660401669.png (361KB, 858x725px) Image search: [Google]
1478660401669.png
361KB, 858x725px
P320 BEST GUN EVER
>FDE FRAME
>BLACK SLIDE
>TALON RUBBER GRIPS
>SUREFIRE X400
>OSPREY CAN

.45 ONLYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
>>
pootly balanced and doesn't feel right
>>
Does this mean that the P320 is going to have tons of cheap aftermarket gear and parts? Is it worth owning standard issues like this for this reason?
>>
I'm not the biggest fan of the trigger break, but it's a pretty solid choice and I think it will serve them well. Glad to see them join the year 1982 with the rest of the world.
>>
>>32807445
>Does this mean that the P320 is going to have tons of cheap aftermarket gear and parts? Is it worth owning standard issues like this for this reason?
Yes, that is why this is such exciting news. Think of how prevalent the M9 was after the military's adoption of it in the 80s.
>>
>>32801962
It's a Sig so that means it's trash with poor QC. I hope they enjoy lemons.
>>
>>32802034
>the unnecessary safety added to the new cohen-sauer rooty tooty that's to be taken into combat looks like a caricature of a jew nose and now you'll never unsee this
>>
>>32802073
no, not for a while. for prices to go down as a result of this specifically there's gotta be production overruns, but for the first couple years every part they make under contract will almost definitely be delivered too. in the meanwhile commercial production will potentially be starved by demand, kicking the price up a bit.
>>
Enjoy shitty primer strikes
>>
>>32801962
700 rounds through my full size without a hitch. Ergos are on point, balance and trigger are great. They could've done worse.
>>
>>32812643
taking these advantages into consideration, are there still better options at the P320's price level?
Is there going to be a dramatic price drop/increase now that it's declared a service model? I'm sorry that I'm begging to be spoonfed but these aren't really search engine questions
>>
>>32814338
The non-reflex models already sit around $600, how much cheaper you think it'll get?
>>
>>32814338
>taking these advantages into consideration, are there still better options at the P320's price level?
Subjective. Personally, once SIG starts offering the MHS models(thumb safety, optic mountable) to the public it'll be to me what Glock currently is to most people. Can't wait.
>>
>>32814474
I think the new 2017 models all have the reflex dovetail cut by default.
>>
>>32814430
not sure as I have absolutely no clue about weapon prices and how they scale to mass manufacturing.
I was wondering if there was some relationship between high production demand for a model (what's about to happen to the P320) and price.

>>32814474
>Subjective
Ofcourse but I will feed off your opinion since I'm new to this board and trying to research a good first pistol. I have to keep my eye out for the MHS models. Thanks
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.