[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

All I hear about this gun are good things. And like all good

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

File: le_epic_walther_meme.png (146KB, 940x600px) Image search: [Google]
le_epic_walther_meme.png
146KB, 940x600px
All I hear about this gun are good things. And like all good sounding things, they're usually too good to be true. Besides the grip looking like an oversized package of tootsie rolls, and ergonomics that Look, I repeat, LOOK, like a 5th graders sketch of what a gun looks like, what are the negatives of this gun? Also, looking for the classic version (euro mag release) to be my first fun.

Also, if everything is so great about this gun, why isn't there as much worship as GLAWK. It sounds like everything good about a Glock, but even better.

> muh lower boar axissss
> muh erginomicks
> muh triggar

Why is this gun not praised as the holy grail of striker fired hi-cap polymer handguns?

On a final thought, why during import of these guns, does S&W take the nice metal sights off these and replace them with cheap plastic sights? I'm guessing due to them having some stock into the aftermarket sight market.
>>
I have a Walther PPQ for over 2 years now and love it so much that I sold my Glocks because they were sitting unused. Glock hump bothered me on extended shooting sessions and the trigger was very meh. I actually like the looks of the gun but thought it could've been better by keeping the older Walther P99 grip frame with a better stippling job.

The bore axis on the Walther PPQ is actually higher than the glock, You will hear about the PPQ have more felt recoil from reviewers and that's because the upper (slide/barrel) maintains the most weight which can overpower the stock recoil spring. I bought this DPM recoil reduction system kit which uses 3 springs to lowers muzzle flip and there is a noticeable difference. My sights are falling on target quicker and I'm shooting significantly faster than before.

Ergonomics and trigger are amazing for me personally but ergonomics is extremely subjective so the newer P320 grip modules may actually be the "best" in terms of ergonomics because there are no finger grooves, palm swells, or humps that may offend picky shooters.

As to why Walther PPQ isn't more popular? Walther is a small company and I wish would do a better job in marketing and aggressively going after contracts to establish themselves like Berreta, Glock, HK, or Sig. People who are looking for a striker fired gun probably don't know enough to put the Walther PPQ on their list of options to check out. You should have seen their shitty rap video introducing that new Walther Creed pistol. It got such a huge negative feedback they pulled that video within a day.
>>
>>32801440
Modern Walthers are toys. The only reason you hear good things is because there are a lot of Walther fanboys that need to defend their purchase.
>>
>>32801440
just as a point of reference they still make the M1, the paddle release version, the superior model, but import it in lower numbers. I bought one last year. it's neat. real nice trigger. grip feels fantastic. also very late in the P99's life cycle they slightly altered the mags which will work perfectly in this gun, so you can buy those from mecgar if you want.

I think part of their lack of market presence is a lesser attempt at marketing compared to competitors and also less fanboys to push their guns on internet forums.
>>
File: IMG_0993.jpg (2MB, 4000x3000px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0993.jpg
2MB, 4000x3000px
>>32801440
I've carried mine since I bought it the year they released it, never had any issues from it. Walther just doesn't have the market presence of other striker framed polymer handguns. Its just one of those things. Only thing it does better than a glock in my opinion is the ergoes and trigger, which isn't that big a deal to a lot of people I guess.
>>
>>32802582
fuck you, ill take the two you cocksucker.
>>
File: 1479681643007.jpg (127KB, 1000x749px) Image search: [Google]
1479681643007.jpg
127KB, 1000x749px
>>32802584
>>
>>32802590
What are we in highschool?

but back to the topic I generally dislike polymer frame pistols. The ppks is nice, the grips keep coming loose on mine though. I need to loctite everything.
>>
>>32802606
It took me a while to get used to the difference in balance, because I carried a 1911 prior to the PPQ... I'd love to carry a ppks if I had the spare cash for one.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.