[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Scenario Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 6

File: 111320.jpg (589KB, 1710x1140px) Image search: [Google]
111320.jpg
589KB, 1710x1140px
Let's say you had to go to Afghanistan, and would be given men that would do your bidding. Your task is to fight against the Taliban.

But you're also on a budget!
How would you arm them, and fight against jihadis on a budget? Post a number of men, from 1-10,000 and your budget, on what arms they'd have, etc.

Think of yourself as a private military company.
>>
>>32801063
HMG's and shoot everyone

insurgencies are not hard if you kill everyone
>>
File: ReportingForDutyCaptain.jpg (127KB, 2048x1280px) Image search: [Google]
ReportingForDutyCaptain.jpg
127KB, 2048x1280px
>>32801070
They'd be hiding in mountains and caves. You can't bring HMGs everywhere with you. How would one handle this situation without being too edgy?
>>
File: 20121020.jpg (66KB, 420x262px) Image search: [Google]
20121020.jpg
66KB, 420x262px
bump
>>
>>32801344
tfw no one cares about muh thread

I genuinely want answers..
>>
>10k men
>AK's,PKM's, shit load of ammo,use captured stockpiles
>toyota guntrucks
>budget combloc tanks
>shoot everything you see
>budget, about tree fiddy
>>
>>32801063
>1 man
>Budget of around 1 million
>Spend the whole time in Afghanistan trying to make it seem like all the Taliban really enjoy anime and worshiping Nazi jew-smelting efforts, especially loli esque stuff
>Get Anime banned in almost all countries due to heavy Extremist and Nazi affiliation
>Go home and be happy I don't have to deal with half baked autists and borderline pedophiles anymore
>>
Honestly, probably a whole lot of artillery and very few fucks given about civilian casualties. Ideally some air support. Budget: whatever a fuckton of artillery costs, a squadron of bomberd, ammunition, logistical support for pilots, aircrew, and arty crews would be, pay for said personell, office clerks, and insurance.
>>
Not sure how many men it would take, but I know that you would need more resources than your average defense contractor has. Maybe a large multinational group of special operations forces with conventional infantry to hold urban areas.
>Choice of small arms doesn't really matter, but AKs, PKMs, and other weapons that fire ammunition common to the region would probably be a good idea
>"Fireforce" COIN tactics like Rhodesia developed would be very useful.
>Use conventional infantry only for holding urban areas of strategic importance; the bulk of operations should be carried out by special operations forces working in concert (i.e. the guys who are actually going to consistently shoot to kill)
>send representatives to make strong bonds with tribal leaders
>ROE should be common sense: shoot at jihadis (and jihadi sympathizers who can't be swayed by overtures to their respective tribes or whatever)
>For caves, use thermobaric munitions like RPO-A "Shmel" and then collapse the openings with commercial grade mining explosives.
Basically ISAF, except with a command that isn't so concerned with how shit looks on the news and only makes serious use of the troops who are actually competent fighters.
>>
>>32801070
I agree with this. If we want to stop an insurgency it starts with the people. If we can terrorize the local population and make them fear us more then the talibán, the talibán will go away. The responsibility shifts from the occupier to the population if they want to save their land, lives, and family.

Weapon of choice- predator drone, we lsrge staff of many people flying them, as many as possible along with a few representatives that will go to each village and tell them the deal. Pows and sympathizers are crucified in public, bio and Chem weapons should be used, napalm the fields, etc.. Basically, just terrorize them into submission.

I would bring the fight to the people who enable the insurgency, not necessarily the fighters themselves.
>>
>>32801593
>>32801878
>>32802072

Now that's what I'm talking about.
>>
>>32801063
The only true way to win an insurgancy is to win in the psy-ops department. Without the communities support and the general support from other countries and tribes, Al-Queada couldn't have survived.

If you take away a mans morals and the right to create new ones, he becomes hopeless and gives up his fight. Heres how i'd do it.

>anywhere between 25-50 men and women
>90 million dollar budget, just to be sure i win the hearts, minds, and pockets of the surrounding tribes and villiges
>make out the Talis to be extremists whose sole mission is to destroy Islam and fight only for their own persional gain
>constantly stage things, as well as ambush them and make it look like it was their own ambushing themselves
>make the whole group look unorganized and split into factions, as to make it seem the group is to unstable to even be worth supporting
>bomb the shit out of Iran because they keep supplying them
>fuck their wives too
>start bombing civillain homes and deli's with black clad paid off people
>end result: The civilain population hated the Taliban for tge blasphemous and traitorous ways
>the community strongly disliked the involment the Taliban had with Islam and what they did
>no one joined them, so they died out after a few months because loss of life >influx of recruits
>mission complete in under 24 months, while probably staying under budget
>>
>>32802072
>>32801070
This only creates another problem. The Middle East is riddled with over-zealous people who like to avenge their forefathers' honor. Way past what the nips beleive.

This is why the Palestinians are attacking the Isrealis. They won that land fair and square through war and terbulations, and the sons of the fathers who were in those times decided to take up a fight that wasnt theirs to fight.

So now you have a problem where if you don't off the kids too, they come back YEARS down the road for revenege. Or another country comes and says they dont like what you did. What are you going to do then? Kill them too? And what about after another country comes and says that wasnt right and tries to kill you? Its a never ending cycle of killing and murder.

The best way is through hearts and minds, while blood is shed. You have to make it seem like your doe is really their foe and is basically their version of Hitler.

TL;DR i agree with you, but you have to go beyond that. It cant be "you" killing them. It hasto be "them"
>>
>>32802634
>>32802664
damn lol, thank you for your input :)
>>
>>32802634
But if you bomb Iran, then wouldn't they join in Afghanistan? How would you fight them off?
>>
>>32801165
nerve gas, would stop any use of the caves in the future as well, you would have to be careful to prevent civilian casualties
>>
Giant space laser??
>>
File: USA.webm (2MB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
USA.webm
2MB, 960x720px
>>32801165
Blow up the mountain
>>
>>32804467
I see.

>>32804481
>>32805502
Murica' fuck yeah style.
>>
File: 192012002344.png (2MB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
192012002344.png
2MB, 1920x1200px
>>
File: dubai.jpg (164KB, 644x422px) Image search: [Google]
dubai.jpg
164KB, 644x422px
>>32801063
Budget: 100 million
>Give me a full strength Battalion of Army Rangers.
> A company of army engineers with mining equipment
>Equip them with weapons chambered in the same caliber of hostile forces. (AK74's' PKP's RPG's etc)
>Air drop forces in Afghan mountains.
>No more contact\resupply after that.
>Have army engineers locate a cave
>Have them expand and fortify the cave into a fortress carved into the mountain.
>Spread my forces out in other outpost inside the cave system.
>Have a system of tunnels that makes the Vietnamese cum their pants
>Begin a guerilla war against hostile forces.
>Spread terror stories to the local villages of the men who wage war innamoutain.
>Raid Taliban interest. Poppy fields, oil sites, weapon depos.
>Use what ever Money is left in the budget to train local forces into an auxiliary force.
>After 5 years of guerilla warfare Taliban forces will either resort to pulling out of Afghanistan or dismantle itself.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.