[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ordering Ammo

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: ammo.jpg (107KB, 1155x1155px) Image search: [Google]
ammo.jpg
107KB, 1155x1155px
Hi /k/, I want to order some ammo online. I usually have my packages shipped to my workplace since I live in an apartment complex and I don't want things to get stolen.

What type of packaging do the ammo retailers send ammo in? Are there stickers or anything on the package indicating ammunition is inside? I don't want anything mentioning guns or ammo on a package that shows up at work.

Does anyone have a recommendation for an ammo retailer that ships in discrete packaging?

Pic unrelated, I don't plan on ordering this ammo.
>>
It depends. Some retailers are more discreet than others. However, there will always be a sticker on there that says "Small arms ammunition". It is small, you'd have to be within a few feet of the package, but it will be there.
>>
>>32798883
Just a box anon with it marked with red print stating it's class of hazardous shipping. Most places don't ship with the box saying ammunition.

I my self enjoy ammoman.com

His prices seem high except he does free shipping on orders over 100 bucks (easy to fill) shipping from everyone on the internet typically has you end up, be it a few bucks at times, cheaper from ammo man.
>>
>>32798909
>there will always be a sticker on there that says "Small arms ammunition".

Thanks. I'll just spend a few extra bucks and buy in store then.
>>
>>32798909
Replying to myself with a correction. UPS uses the cartridges: small arms ammo sticker. USPS does not use them anymore. Just a more general hazard diamond sticker.
>>
>>32798883

Well I just received some ammo I purchased online. Came in a box that was marked with manufacturer's logo (bought from online gun store, not ammo manufacturer). Also, mine had an additional shipping sticker that said it was small arms ammunition (I think this is required, at least in the USA). Also, a box of ammo is heavy for its size. 1000 rds of .223 was 45 lbs.
>>
You can get an extra box put over the box containing your ammo for fifteen cents.

Other than that its a brown box marked ORM-D, not flashy
>>
>>32798883

I always get my ammo in regular cardboard boxes except they say ORM-D- Small Arms or something of that sort on the side. So it's not particularly noticeable unless someone actually reads the package. They're also incredibly heavy because the ammo is packed so tight, so someone might indeed read the box to find out what the hell they're carrying.
>>
File: tula_357_mag_158_grain.jpg (19KB, 220x220px) Image search: [Google]
tula_357_mag_158_grain.jpg
19KB, 220x220px
really depends on the place you order from . sometimes you get a box inna box where the only markings are the ormd sticker and the whitebox with triangles other times they straight up stick the shipping label on the box and mail that.
>>
>>32798883
If you get an assortment of different calibers then it should be discreet, but if you order say 500 rounds of 223 it'll probably say small arms ammunition on the side (same box it shipped to the online retailer)
>>
File: garbo.jpg (2MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
garbo.jpg
2MB, 2448x3264px
Here's an example of the extreme end of 'non-discrete' shipping.
>>
Ship it via ups, make an account on their website and choose to have your package held at one of their facilities. Go pick it up with an Id that has your shipping address on it. There are a ton of places that act as ups pick up and drop off centers mang. You're welcome.
>>
You have to sign for it wherever you get it shipped to. My recommendation is have if shipped to your home and if you aren't home just go pick it up from whatever facility it was shipped from (UPS, USPS, FedEx) they all allow you to pick it up if you aren't home to sign for it.
>>
>>32802231
it's almost like they want it to attract attention/get stolen.
>>
>>32803150
I think that can vary. I ordered 1000 5.56 from PSA a few months ago and didn't have to sign for anything. They just left it at the doorstep.
>>
>>32802231
Jesus Christ
>>
>>32798883

SGAmmo is discreet as fuck. Just a brown box.

And I think you have the option to request to sign for the package, if you're home that day and want to be extra secure.
>>
>>32798883
The box of 500 I ordered from Lucky Gunner just came in two boxes. The one inside had basic lettering and the exterior box just had the weight and addressing info.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.