[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Good Idea?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: good idea.png (1MB, 1964x1144px) Image search: [Google]
good idea.png
1MB, 1964x1144px
How would the aluminum receiver hold up?
What cheap red dot is good to use?
>I have the Bushnell.
Does this work?
Will this fall apart and break after 100 rounds?
Can I use my shitty drill press and die and tap set at home to install this?
Has anybody on /k/ ever done this?
Is this cool?
How accurate can an 18" cylinder bore barrel be shooting slugs if it can't pattern shot at all?
Seriously, my gun doesn't pattern shot like at all, pellets go everywhere. I think the chrome lining is fucked up near the crown.
Is it a bad idea to install a rail on the receiver for a red dot and only use it for slugs?
Do they even make a saddle yet for the SXP?
What would you do if you were better than you are?
>>
Heard bushnells dont like holding zero under recoil. Try a primary arms micro red dot, or just install some ghost rings.
>>
>>32798836
>Does this work?
yes
>Will this fall apart and break after 100 rounds?
probably
>Can I use my shitty drill press and die and tap set at home to install this?
if you have to ask you cant
>Is this cool?
no
>How accurate can an 18" cylinder bore barrel be shooting slugs if it can't pattern shot at all?
buy some slugs and find out. every barrel and brand of ammo will shoot differently
>Is it a bad idea to install a rail on the receiver for a red dot and only use it for slugs?
if you were going to use a quality red dot it might be worth it but you arent. its not worth the effort.
>>
>>32798874
>just install some ghost rings.
.... that's a great idea but I have no idea how to go about doing that.
>>
Man, my M2 has factory rail like almost everything else and is solid as rock. If there is not a factory accessory for the sxp, be sure to drill and tap for a rail with at least 4 screws holes, if you get an aftermarket.
See if it goes really good on the receiver "hump", if not you can always sandpaper the rail bottom to shape.
Use threadlocker on screws. I'd use metric screws as they have a finer threading, but that's a detail.

Buckshot patterning IMHO has nothing to do with some chime lining missing in the muzzle, try to use different ammo. Protip: European ammo usually has somewhat different sized components (wads, hull internal dimensionals, etc), try some Fiocchi or Rio.

Slugs are OK to try. Use Foster slugs and give a run at some Euro, Brennekes for example, so you check both major slug designs.

Pic related. Man you have so many questions...
>>
>>32798836
The Bushnell is trash, at minimum get a PA red dot.
>>
>>32798963
Is that rail screwed on and is your receiver aluminum?
My biggest concern is the SXP rail being aluminum.

The Winchester 1300, 1200 and SXP are pretty neat in the way the bolt rotates and locks into the barrel putting all the stresses, or most of them, into the barrel away from the receiver, just like an AR-15 sans gas system. My concern is that the bolts will strip out of the receiver easily or not hold.

That's why I have so many questions.
>>
>>32799000
Yes it's alloy and yes my gun also has a barrel sleeve locking bolt face.
My rail is from factory and holds in with 4 small screws, M4 size as they are ISO.
It does not budge by a bit. Use some Loctite and you'll be fine against recoil for life, at least for the rail.
>>
>>32799079
Cool!
I'm going to do it then. Thank you anon!
>>
>>32799108
But are you sure there is not a Winchester SXP factory rail? If not, be sure to get a good aftermarket. What you really want here is optimal coupling of the receiver curved top to the rail bottom, that is critical for long term stability. If anything, you can always shape the aftermarket rail putting fine sandpaper on the receiver, and slowly sand the rail over it with patience.

Do not have haste and be sure of what you are doing. Alloy is a bitch when mistakes occur.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.