[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

SIG556

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

File: SIG556.jpg (33KB, 640x239px) Image search: [Google]
SIG556.jpg
33KB, 640x239px
LGS has a SIG556 that looks just like this one, so I'm guessing gen 1?
The only real wear I can see is a lot of scuffing just rear of the ejection port, but I really don't know what to look for on these.
What does /k/ think of them? What should I look for?
It's selling for only $999 which is super cheap comparing it to prices online.
>>
They're a piece of shit, an affront to their lineage. They furniture is trash. There were issues with the gas regulator having two identical sized ports. Many of them were machines improperly so the bolt slammed into the receiver, damaging it. They literally cut every corner possible with this piece of shit.

Pass, hard pass.
>>
>>32797852
Wow, are they really that bad?
>>
File: Sig_556_Classic.jpg (2MB, 3264x1840px) Image search: [Google]
Sig_556_Classic.jpg
2MB, 3264x1840px
>>32797898
Yes. The development of this rifle is a long, long line of failures. The rifle in your picture was one of the first generation rifles. I don't know how long it was until SIG released the second generation (SIG 556 Classic), but I'll put a picture of it in this post. The first and second generation rifles were plagued with many of the same issues. The furniture was cheap. You could tell just be holding it. In yours, the locking piece of the stock often broke. The second generation had an absolute abortion for a stock and 55X series furniture. Except, it wobbled so much that many users used electrical tape or actually molded the plastic toward the front of the forearm to make it fit. Do you want heatshields like an AR-15? No, fuck you it's just plastic. Do you want a quality pair of dipoters? Again, fuck you have this pot-metal piece of shit.

Then, in their infinite wisdom, SIG released the 556R in 7.62x39. There was just one problem. The lower is aluminum as is the area where magazines lock into it. Steel mags? Nope, sorry no surplus steel AK mags for you or you'll fuck your receiver.
>>
File: k31.jpg (43KB, 1023x679px) Image search: [Google]
k31.jpg
43KB, 1023x679px
>>32797955
What happened to the Swiss? :(
>>
>>32797996
This rifle had nothing to do with Switzerland. This was a U.S. designed rifle that they marketed as a U.S. 550 rifle, when it was anything but. Yes, there was some parts compatibility, but that's where the likeness stops.
>>
I'm not seeing any negative reviews anywhere. What's up with that?
>>
>>32798081
I don't believe they were that popular, really. From what I remember, the life of the 556 and 556 Classic was far less than the 556xi.
>>
File: sig556.png (49KB, 492x179px) Image search: [Google]
sig556.png
49KB, 492x179px
>>32798104
Weird.
>>
>>32797996
They just decided the average american buyer wasn't worth the effort. Why make quality stuff if Bubba will just stroll over to the nearest lgs and replace just about everything with aftermarket tactilego parts?

A swiss will buy his service rifle, train with it religiously, care for it even more religiously, and mourn 2 weeks when a fucking sling swivel eventually breaks. Any extra money that he's willing to invest into the rifle go into ammo, range time and cleaning/care products.

An american buys a rifle like a pair of woman's socks... "That's great n all, now I need to buy me the rest of the woman. Also the left sock kinda bothers me, I'm gonna replace it with a soviet tank thread."
>>
>>32798154
Found the Swiss.
>>
What's this I'm reading about low-serial ones having actual Swiss internals and being great?
>>
>>32798199
Maybe they did, I don't know. I do know some of them did have Swiss furniture.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.