[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want a musket

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: mai raifu.jpg (15KB, 670x270px) Image search: [Google]
mai raifu.jpg
15KB, 670x270px
So /k/ recently I've been really into civil war era shit and I figured it would be fun to own a civil war era musket.

I figure they're expensive as all fuck but I was wondering you guys had any experience procuring such a specimen?

Mainly curious about the:

1861 springfield
1863 springfield
lorenz
1853 enfield

so yeah any one have any tips on muskets or anything? I only own a nugget which i take for plinking but I figure that a musket isn't some shit I can just have shipped to a local gun store and pick up there.

pic related i fuckin love this thing.
>>
>>32795912
have you tried google dot fuckin com?
>>
>>32795912
should be the same as just about buying anything else, no real gimmicks. Though since those are historical expect to pay a lot for them.
>>
>>32795974
Alright cool
Mainly I wanna make sure i'm not buying a dud so if anyone knows how to identify a fucked up garbage can vs quality shit that'd be helpful
>>
Muskets come in three groups, really. The ones who are just replicas, but none the less come with working mechanisms. The second group are the same as the first, only some enterprising soul has drilled a spark hole. Which makes them fireable but potentially dangerous as the barrels are not meant for firing. Put in powder and bullet and you'll essentially be firing with a brake pipe. The third type is meant for ammo and has weapon grade barrel and lock.

Of the third type, you have the beaten up replicas whose lock is wearing out; those are cheapest. Then the decent replicas which your reenactor groups are using. Finally there's the originals but you will be paying very good money when you can find them and shooting them might not be the optimal way to protect your investment.

My experience is with brown besses and only them. I bartered mine away for a Krag a long time ago, and I sure wish I have found the money for the bess as well. But hindsight is 20/20.
>>
>>32795912
>I figure they're expensive as all fuck
they actually aren't, real low demand for old percussion guns right now. find a physical auction with a few, preview them, bring a flashlight so you can check the bore. couple hundred will get you something functional from the period.
>>
File: tumblr_nmr91iFJC61to6q7ho1_500.jpg (19KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nmr91iFJC61to6q7ho1_500.jpg
19KB, 500x500px
>>32795912
>civil war
>musket

Pick one
>>
>>32796465
what would your autism have done if he used the word clips too?
>>
>>32795912

Be prepared to pay for quality. That said, buy Pedersoli muskets.

They make 1861 Springfield, 1862 Richmond, 1853 Enfield, and much MUCH more.

Check Cabelas and Dixie Gun Works. They usually have the lowest prices on all of these and more. If you wanna see everything Pederosli makes go here: http://www.davide-pedersoli.com/guns-for-sale-pedersoli.asp?l=en
>>
>>32797554

The Brown Bess I had was a Pedersoli. Very durable; my unit had a lot of them. Bayonet was included.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.